did she listen? (day 78)

We were all asleep in the silent room. I broke the silence with a blood curtailing scream.

"Stop!" I screamed as I jumped up.

I grabbed onto my stomach in pain as everyone else shot up, Klaus still layed unconscious.

"What?!" They all yelled in some way.

"Just a nightmare... Sorry." I said with a frown.

"It's okay, you just scared us." Isadora said.

"It scared me too." I chuckled.

"Now that you're awake, can you please tell us what happened to Klaus and you?" Violet asked in a trembling voice.

I sighed.

"He hit his head, what do you mean what happened to me?" I asked.

"Your neck?" She said confused.

I looked at her like she was crazy. I lifted my arm to grab onto my neck...

"What the hell?" I said feeling the bandage.

"You don't know what happened?" Duncan asked.

"The last thing I remember was taking you two to Klaus." I said trying to piece time together.

"You were fine when we left but when I came back for you... You were bleeding really bad, almost like someone cut your throat." Isadora explained.

"Oh." I said truly shocked.

"That explains why it hurts so much." I said lightly rubbing my fingers across the bandage.

"Did he wake up at all?" I asked looking down at Klaus.

"No." Violet answered.

"Dam." I said.

"How did Klaus hurt his head?" Duncan asked leaning in.

I tried to act confused.

"I don't remember... We were here then he left and I followed him...then I looked down and he was hurt." I said slowly putting it together.

That was nowhere close to what actually happened.

I looked over at Klaus, he was laying in the bed next to mine. Blood covered just about every part of him, he looked different, not just because of the blood but he wasn't wearing his glasses. I didn't know what they did with them, turns out violet had them in her pocket, Isadora gave them to her.

"Is that all you remember?" Duncan asked disappointed.

"I'm sorry..." I said, this wasn't a lie, I truly was sorry that I couldn't tell them what happened.

"He'll be okay." Isadora said in a soft voice, grabbing onto violets hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"How do you feel?" Violet asked.

"Tired, my body feels tired, like I ran a marathon." I said laying back.

"All that moving must of been hard on your healing body." Isadora added.

"I guess so." I said looking back to Klaus again.

"He better be okay." I said looking to violet.

"I'll beat him up if he doesn't wake up." Violet said trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm going to lay down, feel free to go to class." I told my siblings.

"As long as you're okay, if Klaus wakes up make sure you get us." Duncan said looking between me and violet.

Isadora walked out with Duncan and lightly closed the door.

I layed down and shut my eyes, letting my thoughts drift away, before I knew it I was asleep.

Of course I wouldn't sleep for very long, nightmares and bad dreams were an everyday accurance.

Around that time I was having a lot of the same nightmares, mostly about Klaus, count Olaf, and.... Daniel. I couldn't save Klaus from count Olaf or I couldn't get away from count Olaf and then there's the dreams about Daniel, all they really were, was what he did playing over and over, me trying to get away.

Of course I had to have them in front of violet...

"Daniel, Don't!" I cried out, this wasn't the first time I'd said that...

"Rose, calm down!" Violet said grabbing my arm.

I pulled my arm away in pain, I had layers of bruises, before they could heal they would be covered.

"I'm fine, I'm calm." I said, breathing heavily.

"It happens all the time, nothing to worry about." I said, breathing normal again.

"Happens all the time? How long has it been happening for?" Violet asked sitting back in her chair.

"I've been having them basically every night since the fire, they've gotten more and more frightening though." I explained.

I've always had a very active subconscious, every night I'd dream of amazing stories. I could look back on the dreams and pick apart the details, seeing where my brain grabbed them from my everyday life.

"Oh, I understand." She said, I could see the sympathy on her face.

Violet was one of the only people that could say that without lying, it seemed like no one could understand what I was going through whether it be normal things, the fire, Count Olaf, or sibling things.

"What are they about? As long as you don't mind talking about it, I understand how that could be tough." She said.

I sat thinking for a moment, maybe I could share something with her.

"It depends, usually they're about the fire but sometimes they just don't seem to follow any storyline or idea." I said.

"My dreams are always so random, it makes sense that it would be hard to understand them." She said.

"Klaus used to have night terrors you know?" Violet added.

"No way, what were they like?" I asked.

"I remember waking up to him yelling. we were in bunk beds, I was on the bottom so I stood up and tried to get his attention. He kept yelling and turning so I climbed up to wake him up." She shared

"Oh wow, that must have been scary." I said.

"Only at first, once I saw he was okay it wasn't too bad. This was the first time I'd seen his night terrors, usually we weren't in the same room while we slept, this was on vacation." She explained.

"When did they stop?" I asked.

"Well they haven't completely stopped, they just don't happen nearly as often as they did when we were younger. He's only had two since we've been at this school." She said.

"Oh I see." I said, yawning a second later.

"You should get some more sleep, rest helps heal the body." She said smiling.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I said joking.

I looked over at Klaus, I wondered if he'd ever wake up. I tried to push that idea away as it only made me feel sick and fearful.

I layed thinking about whether violet had heard what I yelled or not, I mean I'm sure she heard it but did she listen?