dark (day 53)

As my fingers twitched I was filled with hope and dread; I would find out what happened to Klaus soon.

I was the first to wake up on this morning, it was very early and there was barely any sun out.

I looked over to the chairs and saw violet sleeping with her head resting on the wall. I couldn't see my siblings, they were right in the corner of my eye.

I wondered why I was still unable to move properly, all the other times this happened I would have been able to. So there it is, this happened before.

Count Olaf did have something to do with this. My stomach felt low and I wondered how Klaus was, if anything bad happened violet wouldn't be sleeping, right?

I tried so sit up but I couldn't move anything other than my fingers and even those didn't move very much.

I layed in that bed waiting for them to wake up, what else was I gonna do? Leave?

Isadora was the first one to wake up, she was always up before Duncan. Isadora didn't look over to me, she just looked at Klaus. I can't blame her, I would've looked at Klaus instead.

Duncan and violet woke up at the same time, they were woken up by a crack of thunder. The storms were bad this day, I didn't mind it but it got to a point that I was a little worried. The worry faded as I saw how beautiful it was though.

Violet stood up to go look at Klaus, she didn't say anything so I assumed he was fine. Duncan looked up at me after rubbing his red eyes, he hadn't gotten good sleep. Those chairs aren't very comfortable, it's a shame we're always using them.

"You any better?" He asked standing up

I couldn't answer in words but a small groan came from my throat.

Duncan's eyebrows raised.

"Good, progress." He said sitting back down. Duncan's voice sounded rough, he almost sounded sick.

Isadora got up and walked over to me, she didn't say anything. I got embarrassed in a way, I must've looked so stupid. If this were to happen today right now while I'm writing this I wouldn't be embarrassed but back then I was only 14, things were... Different...

Isadora didn't stand there long, she went to see Klaus as well. It sounded like he was okay, as okay as he could be after whatever happened.

I tried to go back to sleep so when I woke up I would be able to move again but I only slept for ten minutes.

When I woke up again violet was standing by my bed, she looked tired and worried.

"We have to go, I hope you feel better, we'll be back for lunch." She said with a weak smile to lighten the mood.

It was okay, I knew they had to go. There was no point in staying here for nothing to happen.

I didn't want to be left alone unable to even sit up but that's what had to happen I guess. Boredom clawed at me like an alley cat, all I had to do way lay in pain.

I couldn't see but Klaus was behind me, all I could hear was the storm. If Klaus were to die behind me I wouldn't have known or been able to do anything.

Hours passed with nothing to account for, hours of nothing.

My arm started to hurt worse and worse, I couldn't see why and no one was there to help. I truly wish that nurse had been fired.

Sounds of thunder echoed from the hall, almost like someone left all the doors open. I knew they were coming, I could see the flashes of lightning from the corner of my eye.