How did it get worse? (day 58)

I stood for hours, my feet felt like they were bleeding. On the other hand my head was actually bleeding.

The tall man walked over to the pit, I took a small step back in fear. He just pulled the ladder out, the only way I could ever get out of that pit.

Both the tall man and Olaf left the gym, all I could do was stand wondering what was happening.

I pulled on the rope but it didn't budge, I bent my knees to see how far down I could go before my arms radiated pain. I was only able to go about 5 inches lower than where I was standing.

Leaning against the wall wasn't an option, I was so close but just not close enough. I just looked up into the dark gym, it had been nighttime. There was a  thunderstorm that occasionally lit the gym but other than that it was very dark.

As I accepted my fate of being trapped in a leash I started to think about Klaus, did he believe me? I was analyzing our conversation, I had never heard him use the word weird before then. I was sure he could have told by then when I was lying.

My eyes got a little watery thinking of how I'd lied to him even after everything he's done for me. Klaus had really never done anything bad to me, he was better than my siblings. I was proud to call him a friend.

A giggle echod through the pit... Lavender was back...

"Not again." I whimpered.

"Nice to see you again." She laughed.

"Please, go away." I begged.

It went quiet for a moment, I almost believed she'd gone. I thought this until I heard a sigh.

"I can't leave." She whispered.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Well for a start, you brought me here. I also don't want to." She said with a laugh.

She loved seeing me suffer. Wait what? No! She wasn't real!!!

"It's so sad how bad Klaus keeps trying to be nice to you." She said.

"How? That's nice." I said.

"Well, it's sad to look at how Klaus gets treated. He's been accused of rape by the only people in his life he cares about, he's been stabbed, he's been driven mad by your lying, all because of you." She said.

A tear ran down my face.

"You're right." I said.

"Of course I am." She said.

She used to be a lot nicer, what happened?

Lavender got quiet after I agreed with her, what was going on?

"That all you have to say?" I asked sort of angry.

"For now" she said.

She went away after that, I was glad but the damage had already been done, I couldn't stop thinking of how much I'd hurt Klaus. I realized that staying far away from him would hurt him too, it was safer though.

A sickening thought accured to me, what if Olaf was with Klaus? I'd never seen him stay anywhere else but the gym, when he left he always seemed to be looking to hurt me.

I stood hour after hour, head pounding, heart broken, arms sore from hours of pulling, feet aching. It was truly hell.

As it got to be morning, I was greated with the gym door slamming open. They were back.

"Get her" Olaf said.

No answer, just footsteps.

The Hookhanded man appeared, he had to get the ladder so he could come down.