World Reaction

December 27

Custefai, Altian Empire, Wirenia Continent

In the center of the capital city, where 700.000 people live, there is a space in the Imperial Palace, Nineva Palace where the Emperor of this country presents himself to his subjects, the Throne Room. There was an official sitting on one knee in audience with Emperor Uvarito IV on his throne. Sitos Sphinoid, the young Minister of Military Affairs, was sweating coldly as he waited for the Emperor to speak.

"...Sitos."

"Y-yes!! Your Majesty!!"

Sitos was so nervous that his voice betrayed him. The reason why he was so nervous and scared was because of the naval battle against the Union of the Far Eastern Maritime Nations that had broken out two days ago. In order to punish the Rovania Kingdom, which had rejected the empire's demand and expelled the envoy, the Altian Empire had sent a fleet of over 300 ships and more than 100 dragons to fight against them. In order to resist, the Rovania Kingdom had gathered the forces of the Union, of which their country was the leader, but after all, the mishmash of uncivilized nations that don't even have dragons is nothing to be afraid of, and most predicted before the war began that the Rovania Kingdom would easily fall into their hands.

"I'm not angry, I'm sad. Tell me if I'm mishearing you... what did you say happened to our army in the Far East?"

"A-ah... a-about that, according to the report of Colonel G-Gorta Carthyridge, they were wiped out... leaving only three warships...!"

His voice shaking, Sitos reiterated the report he had received from the survivors of the naval battle. The emperor, who had been listening to his words, let out a small sigh and widened his eyes, his face changing at once, contorted in fury.

"...You imbecile!!"

"P-please forgive me!!"

The eardrum-shattering shout echoed through the throne room, causing the guards in the room to involuntarily shudder. Under the pressure of the angry emperor's intimidation, Sitos continued to apologize for his defeat in the Far East. Afterwards, a meeting of the Senate was hastily called out to discuss the future course of action, with even the ministers of the government present.

. . .

Senate Grand Hall

The members of the Senate, consisting of nobles and royalty who control the upper levels of the country, gather in the Senate, located in the center of the capital. The Senate building is directly connected to the Imperial Palace by a corridor, and the Emperor can be seen on his throne in the center of the Senate building.

"This is a major blunder, Minister of Military. The Empire's defeat by backward countries in the Far East is a laughingstock for the other Seven Dragons. Besides, it's only a matter of time before the vassal states and colonies find out about it, and we'll have to fire them up. Plus, this headline!"

Vizier Irta Orbit, standing on the platform in the center of the Grand Hall, shouted while looking at the Minister of Military Affairs, Sitos, who was sitting in the parliamentary seat, and took out from his pocket an issue of the World Magic Telecommunications Company.

"'Altian Empire Completely Defeated by the Union of the Far Eastern Maritime Nations! A major change in the balance of power in the Eastern World!' This has already been circulated around the world. It's a disgrace."

The paper he presented showed the fact that one of the superpowers had been soundly defeated by undeveloped nations in the Far East. In response to Irta Orbit's statement impeaching Sitos, Navy Chief Krause Syrroid raised his hand.