Cursed Ties

In order to help protect Izuku and his group, they were split into four teams with each having their own objective in mind. After a heroic battle in Hosu, news had gotten everywhere, even to far off kingdoms and on the sea. Ochako, Kirishima and Ojiro had learned of this as well as Izuku's role in freeing the kingdom of Dressrosa. However, they were not the only ones knowledgeable of what was transpiring in the world as things progressed for the young Fire Fist.

Itsuka POV:

"Hmm..." After setting off to the island of Punk Hazard, Tsu and I began training with the Marines while also learning of traveling the sea during this. As we did, we were able to find out how to navigate the Grand Line thanks to the Vice Admiral with me even learning how to use some of the Six Powers. It's only Tempest Kick and Iron Body, but it's growth. Right now, I'm reading an article about he incidents with Hosu and Izuku. "I guess Izuku beat Yaomomo's group to the punch. Says here that they were able to even recover Caesar Clown. Though badly injured and needing hospital care, he was alive."

"IZUKU WAS IN A FIGHT!? IS HE OK!? HE ISN'T HURT, RIGHT!? ANSWER ME!" Baby 5 ran over to me and began shaking my body and keeping me from answering. It was only until Monet came over to pull the newspaper from my hands to answer the question.

"Says here, Potgas D. Izuku was badly injured to need medical help, but is expected to make a full recovery."

"That's a relief." I was let go with the temperature around us getting colder.

"Why's it so cold?"

"It's cause we're getting close." Tashigi came over with a winter coat to give me while Tsu stood behind her with one already on. "To the horizon, you can see the island of Punk Hazard."

I ran over to the front of the ship to see something that marveled me. "WHAT THE HELL!? One side is on fire and the other side is frozen!? WHAT TYPE OF MESSED UP ISLAND IS THIS!?"

"It's an island that stands as a national landmark for the Marines." Smoker came over while smoking two cigars in his mouth. "About ten years ago, Punk Hazard was used as a former science base for Dr. Vegapunk to test out some bioweapons. The test subjects he used were Impel Down prisoners that nobody would care died. One day, Caesar who was a scientist at the time, activated a weapon that covered the island in poison gas. It took about eight years to clear it out."

"Ok, but why is it frozen and on fire?" Tsu questioned for Smoker to tap his cigars to get some of the ash off.

"Not long after the War of the Best, Aokiji and Akainu fought on this island. Sengoku wanted Aokiji to succeed him, while the higher ups prefered Akainu. Since neither could come to a compromise, a fight was decided with this island being used as the battleground. For ten days they fought with Akainu just succeeding. The drawback of their fight though forever changed the land around them due to their Ice Ice Fruit and Magma Magma Fruit."

"Wait, how does that make sense? Devil Fruits only effect the user, not the land."

Smoke breathed out a little smoke before answering. "Both were able to awaken their Devil Fruits. It's a trick that not everyone can do, but allows those that can to alter the outside world. As such, Akainu was given the ability to turn one half into an active volcanic area while Aokiji turned the other half of the island into a winter wasteland. Up until the Punk Hazard incident, this island has yet to see any normal bystanders being barricaded off by the World Government."

"So this is an island that shows the true might of a former admiral and the current fleet admiral. Scary." Listening to the area, I heard absolutely nothing. Not a bird, animal, not even a bug. It was like all life that was on this island was dead and gone.