Date Night

Emily's POV
          I woke up out of breath. Man these dreams are intense. Carol is still asleep. I look out the window and the sun was still down. I stretch and pick up my phone. There is a text from Mike.
          "I'm looking forward to our date tonight. I'll pick you up at 7pm. Also tell Carol to stop snoring the whole pack house can hear her. Lol" I laugh at his message. I messaged back.
          "I'll see you at 7. She isn't THAT loud, butt head lol." I send and almost immediately he responds.
          "Yes she does. You were just in a deep sleep. I had to come in and check on you, I thought you turned into a bear." I laugh again.
          "Ha ha ha. You are so funny. Why are you up so early?" I asked.
          "I've been having trouble sleeping since we found out we're mates. Rex wants his mate." He said. Wow I didn't realize. But when I think back at when I found Liam, he slept with me often. I always slept better with him. I feel so bad for Mike. He could of had a normal mate bond with someone else instead he's stuck with me.
          "Mike I'm sorry." I text back. "Do want me to come over?" I texted. That was bold of me. I feel bad, but I want him to sleep better.
          "I don't want you do to something you aren't ready for. I'll survive a few restless nights. You are worth the wait." He replies. I sigh and get up. I walk down to Mikes room and knock lightly then just walk in. I see his face illuminated from the light of his phone. "Em?" He says.
          "Are you naked?" I ask. He laughs
          "No I have shorts on." He admits. I walk over and shoo him over to make room for me.
          "You sure?" He asks.
          "Scooch!" I say firmly. I crawl into bed and wrap his arm around me. I feel his body against my back and it feels warm. The tingles shuffle through me, straight to my core. I feel his breath on the back of my neck. "Thanks Em." I hear in my ear before I fall back asleep.
          When I wake up I am facing Mike. He is still asleep, I'm still groggy and don't feel like moving around. I take some time to study his features. His face has grown up over the past year. His black hair is getting long and he has been shaving, he's getting stubble. He's always been handsome but he's growing into himself more and more. I trailed from him face to his chest which was getting bulky. The extra training has really helped his body. He looked good, like really good. My eyes trail down more.
          "My eyes are up here beautiful." Mike says in his husky morning voice. He has a big smile plastered on his face. I shoot my eyes up and I can feel my face turn red. He pulled me into him and hugged me.
          "Don't be embarrassed." He said and kissed the top of my head.
          "How'd you sleep?" I asked looking up.
          "Better." He whispered. Our face inches apart. His lips grazed mine. I haven't kissed anyone since Liam. I closed the gap between our lips. The kiss was soft and gentle. His hand traveled up my back to the back of my head and he deepened the kiss. When we pulled away we were out of breath.
          "I'm sorry Em I just couldn't hold back." He said our foreheads touching.
          "No, I'm sorry Mike." He pulls back and looks at me confused.
          "I'm sorry you didn't get a normal mate. You wouldn't have to hold your self back. Instead you got a broken mate." I cried, not making eye contact with him. I hear a little growl escape him and I shoot my eyes up. He looks angry and upset at the same time. His hands come up and cup my face.
          "You are not broken. I've wanted you my whole life. You are a perfect mate. Something terrible happened to you and we will work through it. However long it takes." He said and wiped a tear from my eye. I made a decision and crashed my lips onto Mikes. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him on top of me. He kisses me back and the weight of his body on mine is comforting. The kiss grew hungry. Mike pulls back.
          "Em I want to take this slow. For you." He whispers.
     I smile, he really is a great guy. I give him a few more pecks. He gets up and so do I. I hug him and make my way out of his room. When I close his bedroom door I lean my back against it and take a deep breath.
          "You ok dear?" I hear the Luna ask.
          "Yes!  I'm ok." I say with a smile.
          "I'll see you in an hour for more training?" She asks. I smile and nod. She heads down stairs and I head to my room.
          "Dude what the heck!" Carol yells as I open the door.
          "How can you be this loud so early?" I ask as I get into bed next to her.
          "Where did you go?" She asked.
          "I went to see Mike." I say with no intention of providing more information.
          "Did you guys do it yet?" I'm shocked by her question.
          "No!" I say. "We just slept."
          "Bummer." We laugh.
          "I need to shower and get ready for Luna training. Mike and I are going on a date tonight. Can you come over and help me get ready?" I ask.
          "Sure, what time?" She asks
          "We'll the date is at 7, so 5:30?" I say.
          "Alright I'll be back. Have fun at training." She leaves the room and I jump into the shower. When I finish I quickly get dressed and head down to grab some food before training starts. I shove the last few bites of toast in all at once and I go to meet Luna Jackie in her office.
          "Emily please come in. Soooo." She trails off and looks at me. I look at her not aware of how she wants me to respond.
          "I'm wondering what happened last night. I know I'm prying a bit but to be honest I'm nosy and I like knowing what's going on." She said with a smile. I giggled. She always did know what was going on in the pack house.
          "I had a weird dream last night and woke up early. Mike had texted me and I found out that he has been having a hard time sleeping since finding out we were mates. So I went to his room to help us both sleep." I say.
          "Can you tell me about your dream?" She asked.
          "Sure. Sam was sitting on this tall rock looking out over hundreds of wolves. In the distance was a large dark cloud roars. And a white wolf comes and sits next to me. He tells me they have come to take what is mine and not to let them. I asked him how I stop them. He said it's in my blood and I'll know. He jumped down and howled then charged the dark cloud with all the wolves following. Then I woke up." She sits there for a moment taking in what I said.
          "Have you had any other dreams like this she asked.
          "No I had a dream the night before but it was about Liam."
          "Can you tell me about that one?" She asked.
          "Yeah. I was running through the woods and ran across Lucas , Liam's wolf. But he didn't seem to recognize me. He circled me. Then he lunged at me and I woke up."
          "Dear, I think you need to talk to your mother."
    "..about Mike?"
    "No dear, about her family. Why don't you call her now and you can tell her about your dreams."
    I pause, confused. My moms family? She's always been very private about her side of the family. She wouldn't want to talk about it in front of Luna Jackie. "I'll talk to her about it later, my moms always been private about..."
    "That's alright dear," Luna interrupts, "you two can talk in private, just be sure to ask her about your great grandfather."
          "Yes Luna I will." I reply.
    Luna smiles at me, but I can see she's hiding her concern.
    "Well let's get started shall we?" Luna says. We go over the building plans and the family relocations. We discuss the plans for the new Alpha Ceremony, and what do you know, I have to buy another dress. I don't understand why they always change the themes and why I can't re-wear a dress. The theme do this ceremony is black & white.
          "I know you and Mike have a date tonight, would you like to go shopping today?" She asks almost a little too excited. Honestly I couldn't come up with a reason to say no.
          "Sure that sounds great."
     Luna practically shakes with excitement. "Emily, I never really got the chance to go shopping, being surrounded by men all the time, and I'm just so grateful to the Moon Goddess that I have you to go with." I always knew she wanted a daughter. She would tell me sometimes when I was younger, but after she had Mike she couldn't have any more kids. Luna always treated me like a daughter. She stood up from her desk and we made our way out of the pack house. It took a few hours but we finally found the dress for the ceremony, and a cute one for tonight's date. We stopped for lunch and headed back to the pack house. We spent time talking to some of the pack members about the transition to the new house and who was going and who was staying. We decided this was going to be the pack house for the unmated. It will pull members out of both homes. Warrior families will stay at the warrior pack house, other families will stay at the family pack house, and the new house will be for unmated (warriors included). Everyone was still calling me Luna, even though they didn't know about me and Mike yet. It felt nice to be respected and I wanted to earn it. When we were done I met Carol in my room. I found her asleep in my bed, it was 5:20 so I know I wasn't late. I gave her a shake. Her eyes peeled open, "what time is it?" She asked. "5:20" I reply.
          "Oh good go take a shower and let me wake up." She says stretching out. I just giggle and go into the bathroom. I take a shower and wrap myself in a robe and head back into my room. But Carol was gone. I dry my hair and Carol comes back in with two cups of coffee.
        "Bless you." I say as she hands me one. We finish our coffee and she sits me down and starts to work on my hair and make up.
          "So what are we wearing tonight?" She asks.
          "Oh I went shopping it's over there in that bag." I say pointing to the black one. She pulls out the dress.
          "Oh Em this is nice. Put it on." She says handing it to me. I slip it on, it's a navy blue knee length a line dress. It's tight at the waist but fluffs out at the bottom. It reminds me of a retro 50s dress. I love it.
          "You think Mike will like it?" I ask
          "I think he'll like you in anything." Mike says from door. I spin around at his voice and look at him.
          "Oh Mike you startled me." I say.
          "Sorry doll, I just wanted to check and see if you were ready." He says. He looks so handsome. He was wearing dark jeans and a white shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows showing off his muscles and his tan skin against the white shirt, yum.
          "So?" He asks bringing me back. I shake my head.
          "So what?" I ask not remembering what we were talking about.
          "You ready to go?" He smiles, he has a great smile, like good genes smile.
          "Em, you ok?" He asks. Jeez Emily get it together.
          "Uh.. Yeah I'm good. I'm ready to go." I say and grab my clutch. I hug Carol and thank her for helping me get ready. Mike offers me his arm and I take it. We head down stairs and see the Luna and Alpha in the living room.
          "Have fun you too." The Luna says.
          "Always." Mike says, and he said it just how Liam said it the last time I saw him. I push it out of my mind.

          Mike's POV
          Well I'm ready, but I'm early. Maybe I'll just go see if Em is ready. I walk in to see Emily in a beautiful navy blue dress that fits her body beautifully. She is checking herself out in the mirror.
          "You think Mike will like it?" She asks Carol.
          "I think he'll like you in anything." I couldn't help but respond. She jumps a bit and turns to me.
          "Mike you startle me." She says.
          "Sorry doll I just wanted to check and see if you were ready." I say. Then I notice her looking me over. Was she checking me out? I could get used to this.
          "So!" I ask drawing her attention back.
          "So what?" She ask. The look on her face made me smile.
          "You ready to go?" I ask. She was just staring at me and she was taking a long time to answer.
          "Em you ok?" I ask a bit concerned. Maybe it was too soon for a date.
          "Uh.. Yeah I'm good. I'm ready to go." Like she was answering my question with out knowing it. She grabs her clutch and hugs Carol. I offer her my arm and she takes it. I smile with delight. Being with Em is like riding a bike. I just fall into it so easily. We make our way down stairs and my parents in the living room.
          "Have fun you two." My mom says looking up at us from her book.
          "Always." I say. I notice something flash across Emily's face when I say that. I couldn't place it. But just like that it was gone. We make our way out to the car and I open the door for her and go around to the drivers side. It was perfect outside and I was excited to spend time with her.
          We pull up to the restaurant and I help her out of the car.
          "I've never been here before." She says as we walk in.
          "I know, you'll love it." I say as we make our way through the entrance. We're greeted by a young woman with short black hair. She smiles at us.
          "Hello, do you have a reservation tonight?" She asks. Emily looks up at me and I smile.
          "Uh, Yes. Michael Silver." I say. She looks down and then pops her head up with a bigger smile.
          "Yes Mr. Silver your table is ready. Right this way." She leads us to a side door and out into the patio seating area. There are string lights hanging from the canopy and only a single table. I reserved the entire patio so we could be alone. Emily looks around and smiles. I guild her along with my hand at the small of her back. I pull out her chair and take the other side.
          "Enjoy your meal." The young girl smiles and then leaves.

          Emily's POV
          The patio is beautiful, I can't take my eyes off everything around us. The building has exposed brick, there are vines going up the canopy, and the lights are so cute.
          "Why is there only one table out here?" I ask. The space could have at least 10-15.
          "I rented it out for us." He says. What! Seriously? Adorable. I feel myself blush. He chuckles. A man comes over to our table with water and wine. He shows Mike the bottle, Mike nods. Then he begins to pour wine into our glasses. We thank him and he leaves.
          "Do we get menus?" I ask, Mike looks too comfortable, he's definitely up to something.
          "I already ordered everything." He says smiling and taking a sip. This is a side of Mike I don't think I've ever seen. And I decided I'm just going to let it all play out. I lean back with my glass of wine. We started talking about our day, the new housing, training, and the upcoming ceremony. Soon Plate after plate of food starts arriving. We're served salad, bread shrimp, and pasta. We finish the meal with my favorite dessert tiramisu. Everything was exquisite. In this moment I feel like I used to. Being with Mike is so familiar. It was as easy as falling asleep. We knew each other backwards and forwards. I knew we would make a good team. When the meal was over we head back to the car.
          "Thank you for tonight. Dinner was really very good." I tell him.
          "The dates not over yet doll." He says. I smile with relief. I didn't want the night to be over yet. Mike drives for a little while and eventually we pulled up to a cabin that I've seen on our territory before, but I have never been inside it. Mike parks the car and hurries out, trying to rush to my side to open my door for me. I'm flattered by the gesture, but I beat him to it and open the door myself. Mike scowls, and I laugh. We walk to the the back of the cabin where I see a large screen that covers almost the entire back of the cabin. Theres was a table with a projector on it and a blanket with a lantern and a basket full of snacks. He planned all this for me. I look at him and smile.
          "You like it?" He asks.
          "We'll that depends, what are we watching?" I ask narrowing my eyes. I'm testing him.
          "Well that depends on your mood?" He says lifting his eyebrow.
          "We'll romance is too predictable. So comedy." I look back at him.
          "Nacho Libre it is." He gestures for me to sit down. Nacho Libre is my favorite comedy. I can quote that movie back to front. And of course he knows this. We sit down and he starts the movie. As the movie goes on I'm quoting it and Mike is laughing. The great thing about Mike is, I don't have to be someone I'm not. Mike has seen me through my awkward stage, through tough times, through everything, and he still loves me. When the movie is over I take his hand.
          "Thank you." I say.
          "For what doll face?" He ticks a strand of hair behind my ear. 
          "For being who you are. I've had such a good time tonight. It's been so long since I've had a good night like this." He kisses my hand and stands up. He helps me up and pulls me into him. He wraps his arms around my waist.
          "Anything for you Em. I've missed us being like this, and I'm glad I can still show you a good time." His face was close to mine. I graze my lips on his, and he closed the gap between us. The kiss was soft and sweet. His arms pull me close and I stand up on my tip toes to deepen our kiss. My arms wrap around his neck. It was a nice second first kiss. We pull away and Mike smiles. He offers me his arm again and we head back to the car. We drive back to the pack house and head up the stairs. He stops at my door.
          "Thanks for coming out with me tonight. I'd like to take you out again, If you're up for it? " He say looking down at me.
          "I'd love to Mike. And we can stay in next time and be more comfortable. You don't have to show off for me, I already know you." I say. He smiles wide.
          "I'd like that Em." His hand cups my face and we kiss again. He bites my lower lip and I open my mouth, allowing his tongue to explore the inside of my lips. With one hand he pulls my head closer, with his other hand he wraps around my waist pulling me into him. I place my hand on his chest. creating a small barrier between us. We pull apart and are out of breath, our foreheads touching.
          "Sorry, I just felt like I needed to be as close to you as possible." He says trying to control his breathing.
          "I know, the mate bond." I say as a matter of fact.
          "Thank you Mike. I'll see you tomorrow for breakfast?" I ask looking up at him. He smiles again and nods. I open my door and close it. Best. Date. Ever.
   I crawled into bed that night and fell asleep quickly. I slept without a single dream, I'm still not sure if that's a good thing or not..