My True Self

Liam's POV
Over the next month I spend my time getting to know the pack and trying to avoid being alone with Candy, which is really difficult. After I was fully healed, I joined in on the pack training. It felt good to get my body moving again. I got to connect with a few people in the pack, mostly warriors. I began to get in a bit of a routine. Lucas was still not fully around yet, but at least I knew he was there. It would be only a matter of time before he came forward. I managed to convince Candy to get me my own room until we were fully mated. But unfortunately that doesn't stop her from trying to sleep in my room every night.
Every day my memory of Emily keeps growing. I remember watching her sleep and I remember having movie nights with her. I know she is my true mate. But for some reason I can't fight this bond that I feel with Candy. I feel drawn to her somehow, and when she touches me, it feels like electricity. It can be pretty intoxicating when me and Candy are near each other, but when we're apart I feel nothing for her. It's a lot different than the mate bond I felt with Emily. I need to find my way back to her.  I'm afraid to ask, because I don't want to hurt Candy, and I don't want to give away that I know something if I shouldn't. But how do I get Candy to tell me? If I straight up ask her she'll deny everything. I need to figure out how to get Candy talking. It's more likely she'll let the info slip out by accident. I've never had a great mind for strategy, and the stress of this whole situation is making it a lot more difficult to try and figure out what to do. Not to mention how hard it is to think straight when ever Candy is around. Stupid mate bond. My daily training sessions have helped. Exercise really clears my mind. It takes me a few days, but I come up with a plan. I'll put in into action tonight.
After dinner I rush to my room to shower, I need to be as appealing as possible to Candy. When I'm finished I go to Candy's room. I knock on her door.
"Come in."
"Hey Babe." I say as I walk in. She was reading something, but quickly set it down she she saw me.
"Oh Li. You know you don't have to knock. You can just come right on in."
I hate that nickname. FOCUS Liam do what you need to do.
Candy gets up from her bed and walks over to me. She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me. I kiss her back with a bit more desire than I usually do. I've got to make her think that I really want her.
Candy pulls away with a surprised smile. "Easy tiger." She says lightheartedly.
"Candy. Ive been thinking today, and I want you to know.. I think I'm ready."
"You're ready? Like for us to fully mate?" She asks eagerly.
I lean into her ear and whisper down her neck.
"If you'll have me."
Without another word Candy thrusts herself against me. She kisses me again, harder this time. I feel the tingles of our connection as we touch and the bond washes over me. I slide my hands down to back slowly until I reach her a** and I lift her up. Her legs coil around me as she pulls my body closer to hers. I turn around and pin her back up against the wall. She pulls my shirt up over my head. I trail kisses down her neck as she moans. I almost forget what my plan is all together. The mate bond is strong and almost clouds my mind completely. I pull back quickly in my moment of clarity. Candy looks at me.
"Are you ok?" She asks, she is panting with excitement.
"Before we do this, I wanted you to know.. I know."  She looks at me confused.
"I know the truth about Emily and Mike. And I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry. I should have rejected Emily. I should have chosen you. If you are willing to do all this for me. I just feel so lucky to have you, " I kiss her lips gently and trail my kisses down towards her neck. I press my body firmly against hers.
"Can you forgive me?" I ask against her neck.
"You.. aren't mad at me?" She asks hesitantly.
"I mean I was a bit at first, but then I realized how much you love me to have done all this. Emily never did anything for me, She hasn't even tried to contact me. You are obviously the better choice." I tell her.
"Well she might think you are dead. But she did already move on to your brother, Mike. Oh Li, I'm so happy you aren't mad and I'm so happy I don't have to lie to you anymore. You have no idea how much it hurt me to lie to you. I just love you so much. We can call the doctors in to morning to have him bring back your wolf."
Wait WHAT?! I feel rage building up within me as she's talking. Emily thinks I'm dead, she's now with Mike, and Candy's the reason my wolf is dormant?
Relax. Play along Liam, play along. I take a second to compose myself.
"Well we can't fully mate until I get my wolf back, right?" I ask.
"Oh yeah. Stupid me. I'll call Luther and have him come out right away." She starts to kiss me.
"But we can still have some fun while we wait." I say. Candy's face lights up. She takes her shirt off, and tightens her grip around my waist pulling me even closer to her. Our bare skin touching, sends tingles all through my body. Her hips grind on me as she deepens the kiss. My mind is cloudy again. I can not hold a thought in my head. I can only think about Candy and mating with her. I move her from the wall to the bed without breaking our kiss. I lay her on the bed and I feel her going for my pants. Her hand slips inside my underwear and she takes hold of me. This feels so good. I kiss down her neck and she lets out a moan. She strokes me up and down. I take off her bra and my mouth finds her ni**le. I cup her bre**t while I suck on her. Her moans grow louder. The air in the room is thick and hot. It's so hard to breathe. I feel unsteady on my feet. All I can think about is having s*x with Candy. I want to be inside her, I want to make her moan louder. I unbutton her pants and take them off. Candy sits up and takes my pants and underwear off. I am standing next to the bed. She wraps her hand around my shaft and rubs it up and down. She places her face in front of my shaft. She starts to lick and suck on the tip of me and it feels like nothing I have ever felt before. I let out a moan as she takes all of me in her mouth.
"Holy sh*t" I say. I stand there enjoying her move me in and out of her mouth, when a ping of pain hits my heart and Lucas comes forward.
"What the hell are you doing." Lucas growls. I am snapped out of my trance and pull myself back out from Candy's mouth. She looks at me confused and upset. I grab my clothes off the floor.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I keep repeating as I dart out of her door naked with my clothes in hand. I race down the hall to my room, good thing it's only two doors away. I know I am going to have to explain this tomorrow but that's a problem for another day. I get into my room and head straight for the shower. I turn the water on cold and get in. My body stiffens from the cold, except for one part of me. One part of me softens. 
What was that?
"It looked like you were cheating on your mate."
" But you felt it right? The tingling, and the bond?"
"Yeah I felt it. But it wasn't real."
"I knew it! It wasn't the same as the bond with Emily!"
UGH! Candy and the doctor suppressed Lucas, they probably fabricated a 'mate' bond too.
"We need to find a way out of here. We need to get back to Emily."
"I agree." Lucas growls.
I finish my cold shower and lock my door. I don't want any late night surprises from anyone. I write a note out and slip it under my door so any one who tries to come by tomorrow will see it.
'Feeling under the weather. Going to sleep in today.

I'm sorry.
                       - Li'
Candy's the only one that calls me Li. I hope she'll catch on to my apology and hopefully she'll leave me alone tomorrow morning. I guess we'll see. I close my eyes and fall asleep thinking only of Emily.