Finding Miranda

Emily's POV
      I wake up in the morning hot and uncomfortable, but I feel Mike behind me and the mate bond immediately calms me down. I feel Mike pull me in closer to him. I breathe in his scent. But what about that dream. I need to talk to my mom. I look over at Mike and see that he's still sleeping. I slip out of his arms and out of bed. I manage to sneak all the way to the door without making a sound. Then CREEAAAK. Blast that stupid floorboard. I hear Mike shuffle around under the covers.
      "Are you sneaking out?" He asks. I freeze and turn around.
      "I didn't want to wake you." I say.
      "Where are you going so early?" He asks yawning and propping himself up on his elbow.
      "I promised my mom we would have breakfast together this morning. She wants to talk about the alpha Announcement, I'm sure about what I'll be wearing and what not. Go back to sleep. There's still a few hours before training." I say. Wow, look at me. I'm a good liar. He lays back down.
      "Good luck." He says . I nervous laugh and leave. Oh thank goddess that's over.
      "Mom." I mind link her.
      "Are you ok Emily, it's so early."
      "Yeah, I just wanted to come over for breakfast, and talk to you about what you told me the other day."
      "Sure honey." She replys.
    Ok great, everyone knows I'm coming over for breakfast so it's not a complete and total lie. I go to my room to take a quick shower and change clothes. When I walk out of my room I find Mike waiting for me.
      "Oh, Mike! What are you doing here?"
      "I thought I'd join you for breakfast. If that's ok?"
      "Suure. That's fine."
      "Mom Mike is going to be joining us for breakfast. I need you to pretend like we've had this breakfast planned." I mindlink my mom as Mike and I walk down the stairs.
      "Ok honey, but I'll need an explanation." She says.
    We walk over to my parents and walk inside.
      "Hey mom."
      "Hey Mrs. Rivers. I hope you don't mind me crashing your breakfast." Mike says.
      "Not at all Mike dear.  Come sit down. It's almost ready." My mom is the best. She made pancakes, sausage, eggs, and cut up some fruit for us.
      "It looks amazing." Mike says to my mom.
      "Thank you hun. Alright guys. Eat up!" My mom says and we all grab some food and start eating.
      "So what's the occasion?" Mike asks. I pause.
    He caught me off guard, I don't know what to say, Sh*t! Think Emily, THINK!
      "I just miss having Emily around the house. I know she has doing Luna training with your mom. So I thought a breakfast would be a good idea."
    Mother of the year. My mom is crushing this. I smile at her thankfully. Mikes phone buzzes. He looks at it a groans.
      "I hate to eat and run, but my dad is asking for me." Mike stands up and kisses the top of my head.
      "Thank you for breakfast is was absolutely delicious."
      "Of course Mike. You're welcome anytime." My mom says. Mike leaves out the front door. Once it is closed my mom turns to me.
      "So why am I lying to your mate for you?" My mom asks sternly.
      "Because I have had more dreams mom. In these dreams Hiroen is telling me there are people in my life against me. People I can't trust."
    "Like who?"
    "I'm not sure. He's not exactly clear on that part. Oh, but he wants me to ask you about a witch named Miranda." I say.
      "And you've just had the one dream since we last talked?" She asks.
      "No, I've had two. They both basically told me to be very cautious about who to trust."
      "Wow. And so you don't trust your own mate?" She asks.
  Well when she puts it like that, it sounds bad.
      "I can't explain it Ma. I know Mike, I have known him my whole life, and if I should trust anyone. It should be him. I just don't want to tell him about this yet. I mean did you tell dad right away?" I ask.
      "No actually. I didn't know about my family until I was 16. Your grandmother told me about it when I got my wolf. She told me to only tell those that I trust with my life. When I mated with your father at 19 he was from another pack. It took me a year to tell him, but only because I knew didn't have any magic. I told him because if I got pregnant then there was a chance I would pass it on. He had a right to know." She says.
      "So do you know a Miranda?" I asked hopeful.
      "Actually no. The only witch I know is named Patricia. However let me give her a call. She might be able to help us." My mom stands up and walks to the living room. She picks up her phone and calls someone. I get up and start cleaning the dishes while I wait. My mom comes back into the kitchen.
      "Well? Any luck?" I ask.
      "Actually, maybe. She does know of a Miranda, but only have us an address. She lives about two hours away in the woods." My mom says.
      "I need to go there, like right now." I say excited.
      "You are not going alone. I will come too. I will call the Luna to let her know."
      "No! At least don't tell her the truth."
      "You don't trust the Luna either?" She asks.
      "Power changes people." I say. She is quiet at first but then nods her head in agreement. She picks up the phone and I hear her talk to the Luna.
      "Good morning Luna ... I'm doing very well thank you for asking ... I had your son and Emily over for breakfast this morning ... Yes they are adorable. I have missed having Emily around the house. I was hoping I could steal her from you today for a mother daughter day. I want to get a dress for the Alpha Announcement and possibly one for her too ... Oh thank you so much ... Of course, we should all have dinner together. Sounds lovely. See you tonight." My mom hangs up the phone. The Alpha Announcement has completely slipped my mind. It is only a few days away.
      "Ok so we have to be back by 6, we are having dinner with the Alpha family tonight." She says.
      "Ok no problem. Let's go." I say. We head out the front door and to my moms car. We both get in.
      "Do you know where we are going?" I ask.
      "I know the general area." She says starting the car. We head out away from the pack house.
      "What about dad?" I ask.
      "I don't know if I feel right lying to him Emily." It is silent for a moment.
      "Can you just give me some time. Don't lie, just don't tell him right away. I wouldn't feel right lying to him either." I say.
      "Let's just see what Miranda has to say. We will figure this out." My mom says.
  After about two hours in the car we are deep in the mountains. We turn off a main road down a dirt road. It leads down to a fork.
      "Right or left?" I ask.
      "I don't really know." My mom stops the car. I close my eyes and listen. I don't hear anything, but in my mind I see us turning right.
      "Go right." I say. My mom turns right and we drive for a bit longer. Eventually we reach a small cabin at the end of the road.
      "Do you think this is it?" I ask. Suddenly the wind whips the trees and leaves around and the door to the cabin slams open, a woman steps out. The cabin looks like it has been there for hundreds of years. It definitely looks like it could use some TLC.
      "Only one way to find out." My mom says and gets out of the car. My mom never lets fear keep her from anything. I love that about her. I get out of the car too. The woman is standing on her porch.
      "Hello. My name is Angela Rivers and this is my daughter Emily. We were looking for a Miranda?" My mom says as she walks around to the front of the car. The woman looks to be around my mothers age. She has black hair that's a bit unkept and she has a small frame and fair skin, she can't be any taller than 5'2.
      "Yes, I know who you are. I'm surprised to see you so soon. I haven't agreed to help. It's not safe. But here you are. You might as well come in." She says looking around in the woods. My mom takes my hand and we walk up the porch. We walk in the cabin and I'm surprised to see how clean and new everything is inside the cabin. Miranda closes the door behind us.
      "Magic." Is all she says as she walks ahead of us into the kitchen.
      "I'm sorry." I say.
      "Magic. I put a spell on the cabin's outside to make it look a certain way. To keep people away." She explains as she fixes a kettle.
      "Oh that's clever." I say. My mom looks at me. I can tell she isn't comfortable.
      "So you have the magic that's for sure." She has turned to me but her mouth wasn't moving.
      "Have a seat. I'll make us some tea." Miranda says. We both sit at the table.
      "My mom couldn't hear that?" I ask surprised.
      "No she doesn't have the magic." She says.
      "So how did you know about us?" I ask.
      "Hiroen. He told me to expect you. That you needed a witch you could trust. That you needed training." She says.
      "Hiroen told you, like in a dream or a vision?" I ask hopeful.
      "No he came and visited me." She says bring the tea over to the table.
      "You mean in person?" I ask confused.
      "How can that be possible."
      "Hiroen is alive. Don't you know that? Isn't that why you came?" Miranda says.