Seekers and Pures

Luther's POV
    A loud explosion happens in the mouth of one of the dragons and it rips the dragons head half off. I watch as the dragon falls to the ground.
    "What was that? Who did that?" I ask Bethany.
    "I'm not sure. Look over there." She points to a person on the battle ground with a bow.
    "What kind of arrow does that kind of damage?" Bethany asks.
    "Who are they?" I say.
    "Look." Bethany points out another bowmen aiming at the other dragon. He's facing away from me, I can't make out his face. I watch as he misses his first shot. Come on. I don't know who these people are, or how they are able to do this, but it definitely helps us. I watch him drop his bow and fling the arrow straight into the dragons mouth. There is an explosion again, this time removing the dragons head completely. The dragons body falls to the ground with a loud thud. I look around for the bowmen, but he's no where to be found.
    "I can't believe what I just saw." Bethany says. The bodies of the two dead dragons lay on both sides of the battle ground.
    "Even with the dragons gone, we still can't win this." I say. Bethany nods in agreement.
    "We pull back. What about the Tribrid?" She asks.
    "I'll get her." I say and walk back inside and the smell of blood fills my nose. No no no no. I race to the hallway and see the bodies. I see Aowa covered in blood with his neck ripped open. Three other bodies are littered through the hallway. I step over them and reach the Tribrids room. The cage is open and I walk inside. The bed is empty. I place my hand on the empty bed.
    "AHHHH!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I fall to my knees, how could this have happened? I was so close. I had her right here. Bethany runs into the room and looks around.
    "It's time we go to your sisters." I finally say.
    "She won't be happy to see us." Bethany says.
    "No.. but she will help us." I stand up.
    "We should go now. Pull back our armies." I add. Bethany nods in agreement and leaves. I leave the room and head out the back door. I wait in the woods for my men and Bethany. We walk south, and to my surprise, the Pures don't follow us.
    "How far to Farrah?" Bethany asks.
    "A days walk south." I say.

    Arthur's POV
    I watch as our last two dragons are blown out of the sky. Their heads fall to the ground.
    "What..what is happening?" I watch in horror as their bodies lay lifeless. How could we have lost all of our dragons.
    "How is this possible?" Gesenia asks. I am in complete shock. We lost our dragons and half our army. I watch the continued battle in silence. The Seekers pull back their forces.
    "Should we follow them?" Gavin asks.
    "No, we need to regroup. Fall back." I say. Gavin goes to gather what is left of our army. How could we have failed so miserably? Our one shot at killing the Tribrid is gone. We have failed all of our people.
    "What do we do now?" I ask.
    "As long as we can keep fighting, we fight. We can still find her." Gesenia says.
    "But we are too late."
    "When has that ever stopped you?" She asks.
    "We need to replenish our army." I say. Gesenia thinks for a moment.
    "What about the originals?" She suggests. The originals? We haven't seen them in decades.
    "We don't even know if they are still alive, and how do we get through the mountains?" I ask.
    "Let us return and we will consult the Grimoire. The original witch put the spell on the mountains, maybe there will be something in there about it." Gesenia says. She is right, there might be. We head back to the council. Once we arrive we rest and treat the wounded.
    "How many did we lose?" I ask.
    "A third of our army is dead. And the other half of them are wounded. It will be another week before they are ready to fight." Gavin says.
    "Where else can we find more soldiers?" I ask.
    "We have tapped all the packs in the area and the covens. We need to look outside our jurisdiction." Gavin says.
    "You are thinking about the originals too." I ask.
    "Yes."
    "Then we need to find a way through the mountains." I say.