How Is This Possible?

Emily's POV
    Hiroen is ALIVE?! How old is he? I wonder.. "I didn't know he was alive. I've only seen him in my dreams." I say to Miranda .
    "He's still alive?" My mom asks.
  I look towards her.
    "How is this possible?" I ask.
    "Magical creatures don't age normally. Your great great grandfather is both Were and Witch. And therefore he has the ability to slow his aging down even more than normal. In fact I am much older than I look." Miranda says.
   She reaches for the necklace  around her neck and takes it off. Immediately her face grows old, her hair turns gray, and her figure  shrinks down.
    "Oh my Goddess how.. how old are you?" I ask as politely as I can.
    "Emily! That's none of our business." My mom says.
  Miranda chuckles as she puts her necklace back on. She regains her youthful form.
    "I am very old. I taught Hiroen how to harness his power when he was young." She says.
    "Really?" I ask.
    "But if he's alive, why didn't he come back for his child?" My mom asks.
    "For that, you will have to ask him. It's not my place to say."
    "Well where is he?" I ask.
    "He is in hiding. When you are ready he will come." She says.
    "In hiding? From who?" I ask.
    "In time you will know even more than I do." I hate that she is being so cryptic.
    "So are you agreeing to help me?" I ask excitedly.
    "First, tell me about these dreams. Are they the only things you have been experiencing?" Miranda asks.
    "I have had a few dreams of Hiroen in wolf form. But yes those are the only things I've noticed. Except one time I overheard the Luna talking, I was very far from her, but I could hear her as clear as if she were standing right next to me." I say. Miranda nods and looks toward the ground.
    "Tell me about the first dream you had." She asks.
  I tell her about sitting on the large rock with the white wolf. I tell her about all the wolves in front of us and the storm behind them. I tell her what the wolf said to me and how he charged towards the storm and the other wolves followed. She looks at me thoughtfully.
  "Follow me." Miranda says and she walks us into a room with a table and chairs. We sit down and get comfortable.
    "You might be a seer or an Oracle." Miranda says flatly as she takes a seat.
    "What is that?" I ask.
    "An oracle can see prophecies and predictions. It's a very powerful magic and is often coveted by people in positions of power. Often if a witch displays this type of magic they are given to a figure in power. Sort of like and alliance." She explains.
    "What do you mean given?" I ask.
    "Witches and weres are not governed the same. Werewolves live within their packs and a majority stay within them. Witches have covens. However, we also align ourselves with powerful kingdoms for protection." She says.
    "Protection from what?" I ask.
    "Power changes people Emily. If the wrong person knew what you were, they would try and come for you. Oracles are rare but not unheard of. We would provide our oracles to powerful kings and queens so they wouldn't have a need to attack us. Our oracles are like advisors to them, so they don't have to be imprisoned. It is a sacrifice the oracles are making, but the alternative is war and death, on both sides." Miranda explains.
    "Do you send every oracle away?" I ask.
    "No, it just depends on how many come up through the generations. But I will say with each up and coming generation the number of oracles grows fewer and fewer."
    "How do I practice this power?" I ask.
    "If you are an oracle, you will also have other powers. It's about becoming more in-tuned with your inner witch. All magic comes from somewhere. As a Were it comes from the moon and the Moon Goddess. As a witch, it comes from the earth and Gaia. Don't get me started on Vampires." She says. She stands and walks over to a book shelf.
    "Vampires are.. real?" I ask my mom.
    "Yes, but they keep their distance from us which is why we don't see them very often." My mom explains. This is all a lot to take in. I'm not sure how much more I can take.
    "Your senses are enhanced due to the added magic inside you. I have a feeling your hearing is not the only thing that will get better." Miranda says.
    "But why now? I turned 18  almost 6 months ago. Why am I just feeling this power now?" I ask.
    "Hiroen will have to explain that one. I will say that he put a powerful binding spell on his bloodline to stifle the magic. He wanted to spare his children his fate." Miranda says as she walks out of the room.
  Miranda comes back with a book. It looks old and well used. She hands it to me.
    "What is it?" I ask.
    "Let's just say it's a beginners manual for witches. There are simple spells and potions in here. Take it home and practice. Come back when you are ready. But I can't stress this enough.. Do Not tell anyone what you are." Miranda says. My mother stands.
    "We need to get back." She says. I stand. I look down at the book.
    "I won't tell anyone. Thank you for the book. I have a lot to think about." I say. Miranda puts her hands on my shoulders and faces me.
    "I know I have given you a lot of information. But just take one step at a time. Your prophecy has been foretold and you will be very powerful one day." Miranda says.
    "My prophecy?" I ask.
    "That is a story for another time." She squeezes my shoulders. My mom and I head for the door but I turn around.
    "Miranda, is there a way that I could locate someone? With magic?" I ask.
    "Yes, there is a spell in that book. I believe it is towards the end. But I suggest doing a few smaller spells first." Miranda says. I nod in agreement. We head out the door and into the car. I sit down and stare at the book. My mom turns to me.
    "Honey, are you ok?" She asks.
    "I don't know mom. That was a lot of information. Hiroen is alive, I'm an Oracle, I can't trust anyone, and apparently there is a prophecy about me? I feel like my life just keeps getting derailed." I say still staring at the book.
    "I know sweetheart. I'm so sorry, I wish I could change this for you." My mom places her hand on mine.
    "I know mom." I can't tell her, for the first time in my life I don't feel safe, and I don't feel like I can trust anyone anymore, except for her. If the Luna and Alpha know about me, they could be maneuvering me in a way that benefits them. What about Mike? Does he know? Is Liam really dead? How am I just suppose to pretend like nothing has changed when everything has changed? I just wanted to go home and crawl into bed again. I felt a ping in my heart. My mom starts the car and we head back to our pack land.
    "I know this is the last thing you are thinking about, but we still have time to stop to get us dresses." My mom says. She is right. I'm not thinking about the Alpha Announcement ceremony at all. Or mating with Mike. Something still feels off for me with Mike. But if I have to pretend, I'm going to need a dress. I just nod at my mom. The car drive was quiet. We pull up to a dress shop and get out of the car. I feel like a zombie just going through the motions. My mom talked to the lady working and they picked me out a few options. I tried each one on and my mom picked out the one she likes the most. Everything in my mind is fuzzy and I just keep thinking about my life. We make it back to the car and drive back to my parents.
    "Emily, are you ok. You have been checked out since we left Miranda's?" My mom asks.
    "I don't know. It feels like I'm standing in the middle of a tornado and the pieces of my life are being sucked up into the sky. And I can't reach out and grab any of it because it's moving too fast. I feel like I'm going to lose everything. I don't know if I'm ready for that mom." I look at her with tears in my eyes.
    "Honey you have me. You won't lose me." She pulls me into a hug and I burry my face in her shoulder. My mom always smells like roses and orange.
    "But honey we have to get through this dinner. I know you suspect the Alphas of something, and we can get to the bottom of it. But we have to play along until we know the absolute truth. Ok?" My mom says as she pulls back and looks into my eyes. I nod in agreement. My mom is right, I need to just take one step at a time.