The Tears of Mewa

Emily's POV
    Miranda leads us along the mountain range and then stops before crossing.
    "So what now? You do some witchy magic to soak up the spell like a sponge." Sia asks.
    "Not exactly." Miranda smiles and lays her hand on a large boulder. She stops smiling. Her face looks concerned.
    "That's strange." Miranda says. She walks towards the valley in the mountain range.
    "Miranda?" I say, but she keeps walking. I follow behind her.
    "Em!" Liam says, but I keep following Miranda. She places her hand on a tree and then keeps walking. I place my hand on the same tree and try to feel what she feels, but I feel nothing.
    "Miranda what is going on?" I shout. Finally she turns and looks at me.
    "The spell. It's.. it's gone." Miranda says.
    "That's good thing, right?" I ask.
    "I don't think so."
    "Could someone else be looking for the Tears?" I ask.
    "I don't know Emily, but we need to find out." She says. I go back to the group.
    "The spell is gone, but we need to hurry." I'm exhausted, Marcus and Miranda pass around the jerky they made. We don't have time to wait. We race through the mountains while we eat the jerky. We regroup on the other side.
    "Ok now where?" Sia asks. Everyone is looking to me now. I could tell everyone was tired and loosing speed. I close my eyes and listen. I don't hear anything.
    "I don't know. I don't hear anything." I say. I feel like I'm letting everyone down.
    "To the south." I hear Sam say.
    "Do you hear something?" I ask her.
    "No, but I can feel something."
    "South" I say. No one asks anything we just take off. We stop when we see some buildings.
    "There."
    "We shouldn't approach so fast, we don't want to scare them." Miranda says. We slow our approach to the village, but there is something off. I don't see or smell anyone. It looks like a ghost town.
    "Do you guys see anyone because I don't." I say. We walk into the village and check.
    "No one is here." Sia says.
    "Should we knock on doors?" Marcus asks.
    "HELLO!" Cyran shouts. We walk through knocking on doors, but no one. Were we too late? I walk towards a larger building. I see a large table through the door and knock. I see movement coming towards the door.
    "You guys." I say right before the door opens to a woman standing there.
    "Please, you have taken everyone here. Just leave me be." The woman says. What is she talking about?
    "I'm sorry to bother you, but we didn't take anyone. Is that what happened here?" I ask.
    "You aren't with Arthur and those Pures?" She asks.
    "The Pures? Oh no." I figured they would have tucked their tails between their legs and hide after we killed their dragons.
    "Yes, they came and took my whole pack."
    "You're the Luna of this pack?" I ask.
    "Yes. But I guess that doesn't matter now." She looks off in the distance for a moment.
    "Luna, my name is Emily. We came here looking for something I'm hoping you could help me with." I say. She comes back from her memory.
    "Did you say Emily? You wouldn't by chance be.. oh what did he call you. Hybrid? Try-something?"
    "Tribrid." I correct her.
    "Yes that's it. Is that you?" She asks.
    "Yes that is me. Did the Pures say something?"
    "No, I wasn't here when they came for my people. Mike told me about you and what he did to you."
    "Mike!?" I shout, causing Liam to walk up to me.
    "And I'm guessing you are Liam. You look like him. You both have the same nose and jaw." The lady says.
    "What's going on? Is Mike here?" Liam asks. The woman glances around at all the vampires standing around in the middle of the day, exhausted.
    "Why don't you all rest for a bit. All the huts are empty. I can speak with you two about Mike." I turn to Cyran and nod. The vampires disperse.
    "Do you mind if my father and grandmother join us?" I ask.
    "Not at all." The woman steps back to let us in.
    "Grandmother. I thought we talked about that."
    "You didn't give me another name to call you." I say as we enter the house.
    "So tell us Luna.."
    "Maria."
    "Luna Maria, what happened and how do you know Mike?" I ask. She gestures for us to sit, and I take it, I'm exhausted.
    "I found Mike half dead with burns on half his body. He had made it through the mountain range. He was in bad shape. So we brought him back here to heal." She says. What was Mike doing doing out here?
    "How did Mike get through the mountains?" Cyran asks.
    "Mewa deemed him worthy, That's the only way he could've made it though the mountains. Which is why I brought him back here. I could tell he was troubled from the moment I saw him." Luna says.
    "What happened to him?" I ask.
    "He healed and we took him in, but not before he told us his side of the story."
    "And you let him stay? He must not have told you everything." Liam has not had time to work through what Mike has done.
    "I know what he did to you at the battle. I know he worked with a man named Luther. I know he lied about your death and how your parents covered it up. I know he forced marked you. And your poor parents." She trails off.
    "What? What about my parents?" Liam asks.
    "You don't know?"
    "Liam maybe you should sit-"
    "No I want to know. What happened?" Liam cuts me off and walks closer to Luna Maria.
    "Dear, I'm so sorry, but your parents are gone."
    "No!" Liam screams and heads for the door.
    "Liam." I follow after him but he shifts and runs out into the desert.
    "Give him some time Em." Cyran says. I watch as he disappears in the distance. Everything inside me wants to go after him.
    "How did they die?" I ask, not taking my eyes off the last spot I saw Liam.
    "Mike told me some girl working for Luther killed them, right in front of him. He was so torn up about it. I think he blamed himself for what happened."
    "I think there is a lot of blame going around right now." I shut the door and come back over to the couch and sit down. My mind is so preoccupied by what I'm hearing. I check out of the conversation. I try the feel what Liam is feeling. I should have gone after him.
    "Em?" I'm brought back to the room.
    "What? Sorry."
    "What brings you here? You said you were looking for something." Luna asks
    "Oh yes, we are looking for something called the Tears of Mewa." I say.
    "What do you want with it?" She asks.
    "We're going to remake the world. I saw the fountain of Gaia, the Tears of Mewa, and Cornelius in a vision." I tell her. She looks skeptical.
    "The tears of Mewa are sacred to my pack.. but I guess I don't really have a pack anymore." She mutters.
    "We're going to the Pures next. That's where Cornelius is. We're going to kill them."
    She gets up from her seat and walks out of the room. She comes back with a bottle in her hand.
    "You should know, Mike was not taken with the rest of my pack. He and our Beta, Jack, were about to start a challenge when the Pures came and took my pack."
    "Is Mike still here?" I ask, worried that Liam might run into him and in his state of mind that would not be good.
    "No, Mike and Jack went after them ." She walks over to me and hand me and places the bottle in my hand, but she doesn't let go. Her eyes plead with me, then she lets go.
    "We will save your pack. I promise." She clasps my hand. I can see the tears forming in her eyes.
    "Thank you." She says.