Family Reunion

THE PURES
    Arthur's POV
    Yesterday we finally arrived back at the headquarters and we've had time to tend to our wounded. But today we need to focus on rebuilding our army. The army of the Pures needs to be strong to send a message.
    "So tell me about the originals." Gavin asks me. His question takes me by surprise, I haven't thought about them in years. I'm lost in my thoughts when I look up and see Gavin giving me a strange look. I clear my throat.
    "The originals are from the original line of werewolves.. Of course. They are more powerful and quite a bit bigger than the wolves you're used to."
    "How come I've never seen them before?" A smile flashes across my face but I hide it before Gavin can see.
    "They have removed themselves from civil society. They use the mountain range as kind of a magical wall between them and the rest of the world. They prefer to live out in the middle of the desert instead of ruling the lesser wolves like they-" I cut myself off. Gavin is silent.
    "Did you say a magical wall?" Gavin asks.
    "Yes. Magic. There is a spell on the mountain range. Only direct descendants and the worthy are able to pass through."
    "The worthy?" Gavin says stupidly. Goddess I am growing tired of his questions.
    "Mewa decides." Gesenia answers for me. "Now Gavin. I need you to talk to the lieutenant about your lead. Follow up on that, we need all the help we can get."
    Gavin turns to leave.
    "We still need to break the spell." I say to Gesenia.
    "Leave that to me." She answers. "I've been consulting my covens. We're working on a solution."
    "Excellent." I reply.
    "Yes it's all coming together. Except, you still haven't told me how we're going to convince them to join our cause. From what you've told me, it seems they have no interest in leaving." Gesenia says.
    "Oh I have a solution."
    "Do you? Well please. Do tell."
    I raise my eyebrow at Gesenia and give her as innocent of a look I can muster. She looks back at me confused.
    "Arthur. What's that little brain of yours cooking up in there?"
    "Well I'm gonna need your help with one more thing.."
    .......................................

    THE SEEKERS

    Luther's POV
    What is left of my army, walks the day long trip to my daughter's land.
    "Stop! Name yourselves and your purpose." Two guards at the gate say.
    "I am Luther, Farrah's father." I say. The man takes a step back, he looks startled by my reply.
    "We will let the mistress know." One of the men walks into a small building next to the gate.
    "You really think she's going to let us in?" Bethany asks.
    "What choice do we have but to try?" I say.
    "Who do you think she hates more, me, you, or mom?" Bethany asks.
    I don't give her an answer. I honestly think she hates us all equally. We stand there and wait to hear back. After awhile, I'm beginning to doubt my coming here, but then the gates finally open.
    "Mistress will see you. Right this way." One of the guards say. He leads us up a winding path towards a large castle on a hill. I see Farrah outside waiting for us. She does not look happy to see me.
    "Farrah." I say, but she raises her hand to cut me off. She takes a step towards me.
    "Are you injured?" She asks me coldly.
    "No, but some of my men are." I say.
    "Please have someone tend to his men. Jane will show you to some rooms to freshen up. We can discuss your presence here over dinner." She says and turns to go inside.
    Yep, definitely still mad. Jane leads us inside. The inside of the castle seems bigger than it should be. The castle is riddled with large rugs and fancy furniture. Entire rooms dedicated to the display of wealth, with antique vases, and tapestries. Jane takes us upstairs and down a long corridor.
    "Ma'am you will be in this room and sir you will be right over here." She says gesturing to two doors as high as the ceiling.
    "My mistress has requested your attendance for dinner. Please be downstairs in the dining room at six." Jane says before heading back down the hallway.
    "Requested your attendance.. not like we weren't there when she asked us." Bethany scoffs and then goes into her room. I walk into mine and it is just as extravagant as the rest of the castle. The walls are a rich hunter green with gold accents. The bed is big with a golden frame. A large bear rug covers the ground in front of the 4 foot fireplace.
    "Wow." I say out loud. I see a bathroom and wash my face and hands. Ever since we left the hideout, I have felt defeated. I had the Tribrid in my grasp and she got away. I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling. Even if I manage to scrounge up enough people to help I still don't know where the Tribrid is, or what her next move is. I've tried every shred of magic I can think of. She must be in the company of some pretty powerful witches to block me out. Or maybe she herself is more powerful than I anticipated.. If only I had gotten some of her blood. Even just a drop. I slam my fist into my mattress in frustration. "UuuAAAAAHHHHG!" Dammit! How am I going to find her? I hear a knock at my door.
    "Come in." I say.
    "Dad, are you okay? I heard a scream." Bethany asks me, her sword is in her hand. I take a deep breath in, and release it.
    "I'm fine, Bethany. Just, dealing." I say to her.
    "Well it's almost 6 we need to go down for dinner." She replies.
    "I'll be there. Now leave me." She leaves and closes my door. I get up from the bed and go back into the bathroom. I look at my reflection in the mirror for a brief moment, before heading down to meet Farrah for dinner. Jane stops me at the bottom of the stairs.
    "I will escort you to the dinning hall, follow me."
    She leads me down like 3 hallways before we enter into a room with a huge table in the middle covered in a feast of fruits, freshly baked loaves of bread, and a suckling pig. Bethany is sitting down, but Farrah isn't here.
    "Where is she?" I ask Bethany. She shrugs, then the doors open behind me. I turn quickly and see Farrah enter.
    "Please, sit." Farrah says to me ask she takes her spot at the head of the table. I sit down a few seats from her. Not too close, but not too far. I don't want to crowd her. Farrah places her napkin on her lap then pauses and looks at me.
    "Now, why on earth are you here?" Farrah asks.
    "We caught the Tribrid." Bethany says. Farrah raises an eyebrow.
    "Oh?" She responds.
    "Yes, then the Pures came with their army and dragons." Bethany adds.
    "Dragons?" Farrah says surprised.
    "Yes, but someone got to the Tribrid during the battle and we were forced to retreat, I've come here to ask for your help and influence. We need more people.." I say. 
    "So you don't have the tribrid anymore, and you came here because you had no where else to turn?" Farrah says looking annoyed.
    "Farrah. We needed help." I say. She starts picking at the grand selection on the table. She grabs a clump of grapes, a serving of roasted pork, a scoop of golden colored roasted potatoes, and some bread and butter. With our host having served herself, Bethany and I also begin to fill our plates.
    "I can see that you are in need of assistance.." Farrah takes a bite of her pork. She continues with her mouth full. "So the blood of the Tribrid is finally right in front of you and then POOF! It's gone! How'd you manage to get so distracted as to let that happen." Farrah asks me.
    I clench my teeth together, I don't need to be ridiculed, but I do need Farrah's help. I compose myself.
     "As we mentioned before, I had to leave the Tribrid to ensure she wasn't obliviated by the dragons. There wouldn't have been any blood left if she were to be burned alive."
    "How'd you guy's escape from the dragons?" She asks.
    "They were killed, both of them."
    Bethany answers in between bites.
    "Wow, two dragons? That's an impressive feat." Farrah says jovially. She's just stalling by focusing on the minute details of our failure.
    "Look, Farrah, I know you are upset with me." I begin. Farrah drops her fork.
    "Why would I be upset? You only sold me to a disgusting 70 year old man. And for what? To get his army? Well you got your army. And now you've lost it. And what do you have to show for it. Two dead dragons? And NO TRIBRID!"
    "Well, I-"
    "You abandoned me here. To play a housewife." She continues.
    "That's not completely true. And I mean you killed your husband a week later.." I say.
    "We all suffered for your desire for power. What makes you think I will help you now? I should help the Pures, and obliterate the Tribrid so you can never get what you want." She says. The room is quiet as we eat.
    "I wanted to be able to protect you. Yes I have been a little power hungry in my past. But I did it for us! All of us.. When we drink of her blood, Farrah, you'll see. It will all be worth it in the end." I say.
    Farrah pushes away her plate of food and stands up.
    "I will sleep on what you have said." Farrah says. Then she turns away and leaves the room.