Get Ready

Emily's POV
  I spent last night sleeping in my mom's room. Liam wasn't a fan of it, and kept checking in on me throughout the night. I finally fell asleep after I convinced Liam to go to sleep.
  I wake up the next morning feeling exhausted and sore. I didn't think sleeping in a chair would be very comfortable, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. On top of that I left the light on in the bathroom so I could see my mom, otherwise it would've been pitch black in here. I might've missed if something went wrong. Luckily she slept soundly the whole night.
  "Emily?" I hear my moms voice whisper shakily. I perk up quickly and see her eyes open looking at me.
  "Mom!" I jump up and wrap her in a hug.
  "I was so worried about you." I say through tears.
  She hugs me tight. I feel her tears fall on my back. I hold her tighter. I remember how lost I felt after Liam died, well after I thought he died. I just wanted to lay in bed and disappear completely.
  But Mike stayed with me and gave me a purpose to keep going. Mike, I honestly haven't thought much about him since coming to the mountain. He's been in a cell this whole time. My mom pulls back and looks at me, her eyes are red and puffy.
  "Oh honey, I'm sorry." She says collecting herself and wiping away her tears.
  "For what?" I ask.
  "For your life turning out this way."
  "Mom! You have nothing be sorry about. I love my life. It's not what I had always imagined, no. But I had a great childhood, I have an amazing mate, and I have the absolute best mom in the world."
  She looks at me with a smile.
  "Oh honey, you've been so strong through all of this insanity."
  "So have you mom, which is why you need to continue to rest and recharge. Don't worry about me I will be fine. And my life is amazing mom I mean how many people get to spend this much time with their great grandfather?" She chuckles a bit through her tears.
  "But your father.." She says.
  "He was a great dad. He made a wrong choice, but I forgive him." I say. I hug her again as she begins to  cry some more.
  I hear a knock at the door.
  "Come in." I say. Liam pokes his head in.
  "Ms. Rivers I'm glad to see you are up." Liam says.
  "Thank you dear." She says through sniffles.
  "Can I get you guys anything? Food? Drinks? Tissues?" I laugh at the last one.
  "I just really want to stay in bed and rest. Although I wouldn't mind a tv or something to watch some movies." My mom says.
  "Really?" I ask.
  "Yes do you think, they have a tv here?" She says hopeful.
  "Oh mom, I have an idea." I say. I take her hand and drag her out her door.
  "What is it Emily, I don't feel like going anywhere." She says as I closer her door.
  "Mom I have something to tell you. You have magic now. That's how we saved you. When I thought Liam had died, the pain of losing him broke the binding spell Hiroen put on our bloodline. My magic was unlocked, and the same thing happened to you."
  "Okay, but that doesn't explain why you dragged me out of my bed." She says laughingly.
  "I know I know. But Mom these rooms are magic. They change to whatever you want them to be." They both look confused.
  "Here." I place her hand on the knob.
  "Now, think about what you want. Like a big tv, comfy couch or bed, popcorn, stuff like that." I say with excitement. My mom closes her eyes and thinks for a moment. Then she opens the door to her room. There is a projector and a giant screen. A huge sofa against the wall that basically looks like 3 beds put together. Covered with comfy pillows and throw blankets.
  There's a coffee table with 6 boxes of tissues on top in the center of the room. There's a popcorn machine in the corner and a mini bar stocked with snacks and soda pop.
  "Woah." Liam says.
  "Nicely done mom." I say as I step into the room.
  "Did the room get bigger?" Liam asks. My mom smiles.
  "Let's watch some movies." I say. We all gather on the sofa bed and my mom picks out the first movie.
  I reach out to Hiroen to let him know mom is awake, and to let Cyran know. I told him would be watching movies in her room all day.

          One day earlier.
            Arthur's POV
  "How many men do we have?" I ask my Lieutenant.
  "Over 700 sir."
  "Good. Gather your men, we ride out today." I say. He bows and leaves. Finally we are coming for you Tribrid. Harold, my servant enters the room.
  "Sir, there is a call for you." He hands me the phone.
  "Thank you Harold." I grab the phone, "Hello?" I say quickly
  "Sir, I have some news about the Tribrid."
  "Don't keep me waiting."
  "She was here sir. She visited her father."
  "She did? How did she get past our men?!"
  "We believe she's being trained sir. It appears it was some form of magic."
  "Magic? I will have to speak with Max about this visit."
  "Shall I question him sir?"
  "You? No, I shall pay the pack a visit myself. Oh why am I still talking to you about this?!" I hang up the phone and hand it to Harold.
  I need to get there at once. I leave immediately and head for Silver Leaf Pack. When I arrive to the pack lands I call on Max to meet with me.
  "Max, come sit down."
  "Councilmen Alfred. To what do I owe the pleasure?"
  I've never trusted him. He was never fully committed to the cause.
  "We need all of your warriors to gather for our cause. We're heading to the mountain. We'll need all the help we can get." Which wasn't a lie.
  "The mountain?" He asks.
  "Yes, the Tribrid is hold up in there. We are going to burn her out. I'm surprised she didn't tell you that when she was here." I look up at him. The color drains from his face. I can see it wasn't a lie.
  "So she WAS here. And you didn't tell us?!"
  I am furious, but I'm also vindicated. He has proven me right. Of course I'm right, I could tell from the moment he walked into the trial hall, he was never on our side.
  "Councilmen please I can explain." He begs.
  Yes beg, beg for your life. It won't help of course but I do enjoy the groveling. When I've had enough of hearing his voice. I end it.
  In one quick movement I unsheathe my sword and cut open his chest. He staggers back holding his wound as blood pours through his fingers.
  "Let that be a lesson to anyone who is not with us." Max falls to his knees and then to the ground. Suddenly I feel someone's eyes on me. I look around in room, but I don't see anyone.
  Odd.I head outside to meet my men. A chill runs down my spine as the wind blows hard through the trees. The weather is turning cold.
  "Gather the warriors and then let's leave. We have a journey ahead of us."

         Luther's POV
  "Have you spoken with Mike?"
  "Yes daddy. I went to his cell. But I think we have a problem."
  "What is it?"
  "The Tribrid's mother has magic now." She tells me.
  Great, just want I need, more magic from her bloodline.
  "That's fine. We will deal with her. We are almost to the mountain and we have managed to avoid the Pures. I want you to free Mike, but I also want you to be safe and get out." I tell her.
  "Don't worry, I will." I hang up the phone.
  "So? How is she?" Bethany says.
  "She's fine. She's spoken to Mike and will be escaping once we arrive. How far are we from the mountain?" I ask.
  "Half a day away."
  "We should move in at night fall."
  "What is the plan?"
  "We're going to enter the mountain and usher the dawn forward. The Pures will attack from the front. They won't focus and ounce of their energy on us. While they're distracted we'll find the tribrid and steal her away." Bethany nods and readies our troops to move once the sun starts to set. We move in from the side of the mountain, away from the city.
  "What do we do now?"
  "We wait." I say.