Catching up

Emily's POV
  I am laying in a field of tall grass with the sun high in the sky warming me from above. There is a cool breeze blowing. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment. A loud blast takes me away from my peaceful moment. My eyes open wide and I stand up to see where the sound came from. Down the valley I see a battle taking place. Loud explosions echo all around me. A white wolf and a black wolf join me on each side. I recognize them as Hiroen and Liam.
  "What is going on?" I ask watching the battle take place.
  "The factions are fighting for their beliefs. But in fighting they are fulfilling the prophecy." Hiroen says.
  "How can I stop them? How can I prevent this?"
  "You can not. No matter what you do, this war will happen." I watch as magic is used against werewolves. I watch people die.
  "War, fire, death." I say remembering the prophecy.
  "A lot of people will die before this is over Emily. Including you." I feel a pain spread across my chest. I grip it tight. I see blood on my hands flowing out of me. Then I see a flame on the field. The flame grows and explodes up and out, and heads right towards me. I cover my face from the flames.
  I jerk awake panting. I am now laying in a bed inside a cabin.
  "Em it's ok." I hear Liam's voice. He is sitting next to me holding my hand.
  "Liam." I relax when I see his face.
  "I'm here." He squeezes my hand.
  "What happened?" I sound groggy. Liam looks at me.
  "What do you remember?"
  "I remember finding you in the woods. Cyran finding us, and then.. Mike." It all comes back to me. I look at my shoulder which is bandaged up.
  "Liam. He.. he marked me." My breathing picks up as I start to panic. Only true mates can mark each other. This mark from Mike could taint my true bond with Liam.
  "Calm down Em. We will figure it out."
  "How Liam? Where is Mike?" Liam growls when he hears Mikes name, startling me to silence. Hiroen rushes in the room.
  "What is going on in here?" His eyes fall on Liam and then me.
  "Emily, you are awake! How do you feel?" He asks.
  "Hiroen I had a vision."
  "Let me get Miranda and you can tell us both." He heads out of the door.
  "Vision? What vision?" Liam looks confused. Liam doesn't know what I am. I have so much to tell him. I wonder how much he already knows. And why the heck he was running through the forest and what was he doing at Gray Ridge Pack.
  "How long was I asleep?" I ask.
  "Just a day." I wonder if anyone has told him anything about me  while I was asleep.
  "Have you been in here the whole time?" I ask.
  "Yes, he has. He refused to leave you." My mom comes in the room and gives me a soft hug. Hiroen and Miranda walk in after her.
  "Emily, how did you know he was out there?" My mom asks. I guess he's about to hear somethings that aren't going to make any sense.
  "I was laying in here concerned when I heard Luther mention Liam was involved. But I remember Hiroen told me I could trust Liam, so I knew he had to have a memory of Liam that made him say that. So I found the memory of the night of the battle. The night I thought you died. I saw you get attacked. Mike and Luther talked about a deal and Mike left you with Luther. Then it changed. Suddenly I was seeing through your eyes Liam. You were running through the woods. I felt you. So I got up and ran as fast as I could towards you." Liam looks completely confused, I would be too.
  "Do you want to tell us your vision?" Hiroen asks.
  "Yes. I was laying in a field of flowers on a beautiful day. But it was interrupted by a battle taking place in the valley. Hiroen and Liam, in their wolf forms we're on either side of me as I watched the battle continue. You told me the war is going to happen no matter what I do. You also told me a lot of people were going to die, including me. I felt a pain in my chest and clenched it, blood poured out of it. Then a fire erupted from the field and came right at me. I woke up after that." They all looked at me with concern. I know the vision was not a good one. Everyone was quiet for a while.
  "Can someone tell me what's going on?" Liam interrupts the silence in the room.
  "How about I change your bandage and we will leave you two alone to talk." My mom says, giving me a look.
  "Ok, thanks. We have a lot to go over."
  "Maybe give him the short version." Miranda says. I don't think she trusts Liam. My mom peels off my bandage.
  "Emily." She says.
  "What?" I try to look, but it's impossible to see. I reach up to touch it, expected to feel a scar or a mark, but there's nothing there.
  "There's nothing there." I smile in disbelief.
  "The bite completely healed." My mom says. Liam smiles at me.
  "See, told you we'd figure it out."
  "But how is that possible?" I ask.
  "It could be your body rejected the mate bond." Hiroen says.
  "That can happen?" I ask.
  "It's a theory." My mom kisses the top of my head and leaves. Miranda and Hiroen follow my mom out. It's just me and Liam now.
  "Why do I feel like a lot has changed?" He asks.
  "Because it has. I don't even know where to start."
  "The beginning is a good a place as ever. Start from when I left the pack."

  Hiroen's POV
  "So I guess we are going to war." I say.
  "Seems unavoidable." Miranda responds.
  "Who's going to war?" Cyran asks. I know he is Emily's real father, but this guy gets on my nerves.
  I take a seat in an arm chair.
  "It appears, everyone." I say.
  "Not Emily. You aren't going to use her as some weapon." Cyran says.
  "And what makes you think you can be her keeper? She didn't even know you existed until a week ago! Who are you to come in here and think your love for her is more than anyone else's in this room." I snap.
  "Don't think you are more high and mighty than me. Your daughter never even knew you." Cyran snarks at me.
  This piece of sh*t. I stand up, rage filling me.
  "Gentlemen, this is not helpful." Miranda says.
  "Cyran, Emily had a vision about the war. There is nothing anyone can do to stop. We must prepare for it. We must travel to Millerborg." Miranda adds.
  "Millerborg? That's a long travel. Through treacherous lands." I say.
  "Oh no, we're not going to Tribrid worshiping territory. You all want to use her for who she is. We should go to Gray brook Manor." Cyran suggests.
  "We aren't going to just run away and hide in your Vampire den." I hiss.
  "It's better than dying in the mountains."
  "Seriously, stop." Angela snaps.
  "You two fighting over what's best for Emily is getting us no where. And in fact the only real parent here, is me!"
  I sit back down and Cyran sits at the kitchen table.
  "As much as I'd like to make this decision for Emily, she's almost nineteen. She is the one who needs to make this decision. But right now, she is in there telling her mate about the last three months of her life, after being attacked by her best friend, after watching another friend be murdered. Maybe just give her a minute." The room falls silent. We stay this way until her bedroom door opens. Emily stands at the door with Liam beside her. Her eyes are red but she was smiling.
  "We need to go to the mountains." Emily says.