Talk with Cyran

Emily's POV
After training with Marcus I was exhausted. I went back to my room and Liam was no where to be found. I turn the light off and collapse onto the bed. I quickly fall asleep.

Dream
Sam is running through the forest. The sun is shining between the leaves. The air is warm and fresh. I feel happy, Sam is happy. I am free to do whatever I want. I push myself and and run faster.
"Emily!" I hear someone shout my name. I look around and lose focus. I trip and tumble down a hill. I roll all the way down and land on my side. I open my eyes and the forest is gone. I am surrounded by black ash and smoke. I look around me and there is nothing as far as the eye can see, only black ash.
"What is this?"
"The great fire." The wind answers.
"Who did this?"
"You." The wind says.

I wake up. Not very restful. I hate not having a window, I never know what time it is. I go to the bathroom to freshen up. When I'm done I go to Cyran's door to see if he is there. If he's not, I'd have no idea where to look. I knock on the door and wait. Cyran opens the door.
"What do I owe the pleasure, ducky?" He asks.
"Are you free? Remember I wanted to talk you.. I have some vampire questions."
He laughs.
"Of course, come in." I walk into Cyran's room and it looks completely different than mine. It has book shelves and two arm chairs and a small bed in the corner.
"Wow your room is very different than mine." He laughs.
"The rooms are cloaked in magic. They change based on person."
"How do you know that?"
"I asked." He gestures for me to take a seat in one of the arm chairs.
"Now, what questions do you have for me?"
"I guess my first question is, how does someone become a vampire?"
"You mean, other than you?"
"Yes."
"Vampirism is all about blood and death. Someone would have to have vampire blood in their system and die to become a vampire."
"Their system? Like in their blood stream?"
"Um technically yes, but you don't need to like inject it into a vein, drinking blood would do the same thing."
I think for a moment.
"Does a bite from a vampire hurt a werewolf?"
He laughs at the question.
"I'm glad to see that rumor got around."
"Rumor?" I ask.
"Yeah, the councils started that rumor a long time ago to try and end a long time feud. And surprisingly it's seemed to work."
"How do you know that?" I ask.
"Well our bloodline is automatically apart of the council when we die."
"Our bloodline?"
"Wow you really do have a lot of questions. Our bloodline is one of the first vampire bloodlines or origin bloodlines. Vampire blood already flows through our veins, so when we die we transition then."
"So you died?"
"Yes I did."
"Are you still apart of the council?"
"When I learned about you I left the council."
"Why?"
"Most of the council are apart of the Pures, which is another reason they perpetuated the rumor of the bites being lethal. There are a lot of people against you ducky."
"Why do you call me ducky?"
"Where I'm from its just a term of endearment." He explains.
"Ok so a vampire bite won't kill a werewolf, and I guessing a werewolf bite won't kill a vampire, right?"
"Correct, but don't go around telling everyone. It has kept the peace for many years."
"Ok I won't. So can a werewolf become part vampire?" I ask.
"Honestly, I'm not sure. It might be possible, but I don't know anyone who's tried it." There is a knock at his bedroom door.
"Come in." Samson comes in the room. I can't really tell what he is thinking.
"Ah Samson. Emily here has been grilling me all about vampire life."
"I just came here to let you know dinner will be ready soon." Samson bows.
"Thank you for letting us know. We will be down in a minute." Samson bows again and leaves.
"Is he like your servant or something?"
"Actually he's my second in command if you can believe it."
"He's hard to read." I say.
"Samson has been a vampire for a very long time. The older the vampire, the more powerful. But also the less.. friendly? Is that the right word for it?. I guess it has to do with minimal interaction and over time vampires lose touch with their emotions. But it takes a long time."
"How can you walk around in the day? Doesn't the sun hurt you?" I ask.
"Now that is something, normally yes. Vampires can not walk in the sun. But our bloodline is different. Sunlight does not affect us."
"So Samson is apart of our bloodline?"
"Yes, he's like a third cousin or something. It's why I trust him so much."
"If he's older why isn't he in charge?"
"The newest vampire is in charge, which means your next."
"That seems kind of backwards"
"Yeah I guess it's another tactic to prevent us from turning too many people.."
"Is there anything else different about our bloodline?"
"We are a bit harder to kill than a normal vampire. A normal vampire can be killed by a wooden stake to the heart. Not us, it takes a bit more for us."
"I have one more question. For now, that is."
"Go ahead."
"If I become a vampire, will Liam and I be able to have children?"
He pauses for a moment. I guess my question caught him by surprise.
"Unfortunately no. A vampire is  unable to reproduce.."
I look down to hide the disappointment on my face.
"But you are the Tribrid! You won't be just any old normal vampire. The honest answer is, I don't know. You will be part vampire, part werewolf, part witch. The world has never seen your kind before. We are all learning your abilities as we go. There is still hope ducky."
He stands from his chair and holds out his hand.
"Let's go get some dinner." He says. I take his hand and we head out of his room. We walk down the hallway and to the dining hall. Liam, my mom, Hiroen, and Samson were already waiting for us. I'm almost to the table when Miranda, Edaline, and Marcus come in to the room.
"Emily, I haven't seen you since breakfast. What have you been up to today?" My mother asks.
"I'm sorry. I was exhausted after training so I took a nap." I take the seat next to Liam.
"Yes, I'm sorry that is entirely my fault. I really pushed her hard during training. I should have gone easy on her since it was our first time together."
Why did he need to use those words. He made it sound so unnecessary. I heard a small growl come from Liam. I place my hand on his leg under the table to calm him down. I shoot Marcus an annoyed look and he just smiles. I roll my eyes as the food makes its way to the table. Today they're serving Pot roast with little onions, & carrots in brown gravy. With mashed potatoes, bacon wrapped asparagus and soft warm dinner rolls.
My stomach growls at the smell of the warm bread. I get myself a hearty scoop of mashed potatoes. Then ladle some onions, carrots, and gravy on top along with a good chunk of the roast. I grab 4 asparagus spears and two warm rolls. I thought I loaded up my plate then I look at Liam's. He has 6 rolls and at least double the amount of pot roast and mashed potatoes. He must've gone for a run today or something cuz that's more than usual and this boy can eat. I don't say anything to him though. I don't want to make him feel bad about it. Instead I just kiss him on the cheek.
"I love you babe." I tell Liam before digging into my plate.
"Luh yoo to" Liam says with his mouthful of pot roast.
Dinner was enjoyable. Everyone talked about their days. Liam DID go for a run with Lucas just like I thought. He told me there's a running track for my wolf. I wanna check is out Sam needs a good run.
I want to tell someone about my vision, but I will wait until there are less people around. After dinner Liam and I excused ourselves from the table and head to our room. We walk in silence to our room. I open our room door and Liam follows.
"Babe I'm sorry I've been so distant today." Liam finally breaks the silence.
"It's okay Liam, I know Marcus is getting under your skin. Believe me I ripped him a new one."
"You did? What's you do."
"He said one of his stupid jokes and I just busted out laughing for like a solid minute. I think it hurt his pride a little bit."
Liam smiles. I continue.
"I spoke with Cyran about some vampire stuff before dinner." I sit on the bed and Liam joins me.
"Oh yeah? What'd you find out?" He asks.
"Well actually I have some good news."
"Good news? What is it?"
"So apparently Vampire bites aren't lethal to werewolves and that's just some big rumor started by there councils to prevent conflict. And the same for the other way. You know werewolf bites don't kill vampires."
"Woah. Talk about conspiracy." Liam says.
"I know right!?"
Liam pauses for a moment thinking about what this means for us.
"So we could still mark each other after you become the Tribrid. without endangering each other's lives?"
"Yes! But remember don't tell anyone. It's a secret that keeps the peace."
Liam grabs my hand and holds it.
"Don't worry babe. I won't. Are you ready for bed?" He asks. I smile and nod, even after that nap I am still pretty tired. I crawl into bed next to Liam and fall asleep in his arms.