Liam

Liams POV
  Several months earlier
  I open my eyes to a blinding white light. There is a constant beeping noise. I squint and look around. I am in a white room and connected to a machine. I am laying in a bed and I feel pain coming from my head and side. I groan as I move and try to sit up. Someone else is in the room.
  "Shhhh don't try to move. You were injured badly." I hear the voice say.
  "Where am I." My voice rough and dry. I tried to swallow but it hurts. I felt a straw at my mouth.
  "Here, drink." The woman says. I let the straw slip between my lips and pull the water into my mouth.
  "Thank you." I say when I'm done drinking. My eyes have adjusted to the light and my vision focuses on the girl standing by my bedside. She looks familiar, but I can't remember. In fact I can not remember anything. I can't remember how I got here. I can't remember where I am. I can't remember Who I am. I can't even remember my name. I start to panic a bit and my breathing becomes heavy.
  "Calm down its ok Liam. You are safe now." Her voice is soft and trying to soothe me.
  "Who are you? Where am I? What happened to me?" A look flashes across her face that I can not read.
  "My name is Candice. You were attacked. You're at the clinic."
  "Do I know you?" I ask.
  "You don't remember?" She asks.
  "No I'm sorry. I don't."
  "Do you remember who you are?" She asks. There was more excitement in her voice than anything else I could detect.
  "No actually." She looks down, she looks like someone trying to look sad. Or maybe this is how she always is, it's hard to tell.
  "Oh ok. I will go get the doctor. He can explain it to you." She heads for the door and walks down the hall. How can I not remember who I am? I look down at my side and peel back one side of the bandage. All I can see is red skin with some stitches, but it looks long and deep. I put the bandage back. I try to force myself to think back, to try and remember something. Anything. I know I have memories, but they are covered in a haze. My head starts to hurt and Candice comes back into the room.
  "Hey, just relax. You are going to hurt yourself." A man comes into the room carrying a chart.
  "Well Liam. Glad to see you are awake. How do you feel?" He asks in a deep voice.
  "My head hurts and my side is killing me." I say.
  "Yes, I can imagine. You were pretty beat up when you came to us. Your mate tells me you can't remember anything. Is that true?" Mate? Did he say mate! What is a mate?
  "Mate?" I say.
  "Yes, tell me. Is your wolf awake?" He asks. Wolf? What wolf?
  "I'm sorry. I don't know what you are talking about." The girl, Candice, looks at the doctor. The doctor writes something on my chart.
  "Ok let's take this slow. Can you tell me what your name is?"
  "Well you both called me Liam."
  "Ok, and what about your last name?" I try to pull that information out of my head, but nothing.
  "I don't know."
  "Do you remember anything prior to waking up?"
  "No, it's all black."
  "Ok, well you just relax. We'll keep you here for awhile to monitor you. It's typical for memory to come back after a day or two. Don't worry, you are safe here. And tomorrow if it's not back, we will explain some things to you. How does that sound?"
  "That sounds alright."
  "Good. You just rest up." The doctor and the girl leave the room. Why can't I remember anything? I hear them talking out in the hall but I can't make out what they are saying. I look around the room and there are no windows or other doors besides the one they went out of. If it wasn't for the hospital bed and medical machines, this could be a cell. The girl comes back with a tray and places it in front of me.
  "It's nothing too exotic. The doctor wants you to try to eat something, so I brought you jello." The wiggly green square stares at me.
  "Thank you." She takes a seat next to my bed.
  "How long have I been asleep?" I ask.
  "For about a week now."
  "Why did he call you my mate? And what was that about a wolf?"
  "The doctor thinks your memory will come back. You will understand when it does."
  "Can you try and explain it to me while I eat this jello?"
  "Sure, but don't think I'm crazy. Ok?"
  "Shoot."
  "So we are werewolves and I am your mate. A mate is someone who the moon Goddess has picked out special for eachother."
  "Moon Goddess?" I take a bite of jello.
  "Haha yes. The moon goddess is our creator."
  "Wow, and you aren't crazy."
  "Nope. Not crazy."
  "So you're like my girlfriend?"
  "Yes."
  "Do I have any family?"
  "That's a bit more complicated."
  "Tell me." I took another bite of jello.
  "You have a brother, but you aren't on good terms."
  "Why?"
  "It's because of his mate. She was obsessed with you when she was younger. She said you would be her mate. When you turn 18, your mate is revealed to you. When you turned 18 it was revealed I was your mate. When she turned 18, it was your brother who turned out to be her mate. But she didn't stop obsessing over you. You were in line to become Alpha, until one day your brother got your parents and the rest of the pack to believe you were working with a rogue pack against allied packs. He got us banished from the pack, so we came to my pack." She doesn't look me in the eye. My own family against me.
  "All that over his mate?"
  "Yes, as much as she obsessed over you, your brother obsessed over her."
  "Wow, what a d***." She giggles at that. I finish my jello.
  "Well who needs them. Thanks for the jello." I say. She smiles at me and stands up to take the tray.
  "What are their names?"
  "Your brothers name is Michael and his mates name is Emily." Emily, Emily. Now that name does ring a bell. I feel something, but it's like a shadow. I can't put my finger on it. She walks towards the door.
  "Thanks Candice." She turns around.
  "You can call me Candy." She smiles and walks out of the room.