Full Moon

Arthur's POV
  "So this is your plan? Just go down there, enslave them, and bring them back here?" Gavin is such a downer.
  "Do you have a better idea Gavin. Because now is the time." I demand.
  "No, I just want to make sure this is the road we are going down." Gavin confirms.
  "Let's go. We have a long journey ahead of us." I say and hurry out of the room. I'm not looking forward to this, but it has to be done.

  Mikes POV
  Over the next few days Luna Maria, Rain, and Rue work me hard. I spend most of my time in wolf form and I can feel Rex making changes. Being from an Alpha bloodline, I was already pretty big, but now I know I'm bigger. I meet up with Luna Maria and Rain back out in the middle of nowhere before the sun rises.
  "Mike have a seat." Luna Maria says.
  "You aren't going to cut me again, are you?" I ask as I take a seat in front of her. She laughs a bit.
  "No. It's time to complete your transition." She says.
  "Completing my transition? How?" I ask. She pulls a crystal bottle out of a bag. It is the bottle from my vision of Mewa.
  "Is.. that?" I ask.
  "Yes it is. Mike, these are the Tears of Mewa. Our people believe that drinking them turned our ancestors into the very first werewolves. When you drink of this, it will pull that original wolf back out and complete your transition." Luna Maria says.
  "So I just drink it?" She chuckles to herself.
  "Yup. Just a sip will do." She confirms. I take a deep breath.
  "You ready for this Rex?" I ask him.
  "As ready as I'll ever be." He tells me. I can feel his anxiousness. I take the bottle and take a small sip. I wait for something to happen. But nothing does.
  "Did you think you would shift and Hulk out?" Rain asks with a laugh.
  "Well honestly, yes. Yes I did." They both laugh.
  "Do you remember the woman in the vision?" Luna Maria asks.
  "Yeah, she didn't turn until the next moon rise."
  "Exactly."
  "Sooo... then why are we out her so early? And why all the build up? Couldn't I have just drank this at the beginning when I first started training?" I ask.
  "We can't make it seem too easy." Are they serious? I could have just drank this instead of doing all that training and going on that weird walk about.
  "Mike, you needed to see where we came from, you needed to get in touch with your wolf, and you needed to earn your place. We're not just gonna give this to anyone. We didn't do it to torture you. You needed to prove yourself." Rain says.
  "The shoppers will be back in a few days. We wanted you to be ready when they do." Luna Maria chimes in.
  "You mean when Jack comes back."
  "Well.. that too. Now, let's go get some breakfast." Luna Maria says.
  "Before everyone else?" I ask.
  "I'll make it. Come on." We stand up and head back. The Luna makes us eggs, toast, bacon, and pancakes. There is enough food here to feed an army. Rue comes down half way through and joins us.
  "Are you worried about tomorrow night? The shift and all." Rue asks raising her eyebrows up and down.
  "I wouldn't say I'm worried.. a little anxious maybe, but mostly I'm pretty excited."
  "Should we plan a run?" Rue asks her mom.
  "We certainly can." She replies. Rue looks happy with this response and goes back to eating. Alpha Danny came down after we had finished.
  "What? No one wanted to tell me about breakfast?" He teases.
  "You can eat with the pack, the boys woke up early. And your daughter wants to plan a run for tonight." Luna gives the Alpha a look and then looks at me.
  "Oh right, you are completing your transition tonight. Of course we should do a run." Alpha Danny joins us at the table.
  "Honestly you guys. If we are doing a run tonight, I'm going to need a nap. We've been up before the sun for days." Rain stretches a yawns. He's right, I'm also pretty exhausted.
  "Fine, but don't sleep all day." Alpha says. I look up at him.
  "Alright? You too." He says like he's reading my mind. We get up from the table and I head back to my hut. The sun is up and the pack is getting ready for breakfast.
  "Mike, are you coming to breakfast?" Gabby shouts from down the road.
  "Nah, I already ate. I'm going to go take a nap. We're going to have a run tonight." I shout back.
  "Alright. I see you at dinner." She heads towards the dinning hall. I go to my hut and shut the blinds. I lay down on my bed and quickly fall asleep.
  I am woken up by a knock at my door.
  "Mike!" I hear Gabbys voice. Ugh. I get up from bed and walk to the front door. I open it up.
  "What is it Gabby?" I ask.
  "Its dinner time. You've been asleep all day." I look around and see that the sun is going down.
  "Wow, really?" And take a step back into my living room.
  "Yeah, go throw some water on your face and let's go eat." Gabby comes in and closes the door. I walk to my bathroom and brush my teeth and try to wake up. I walk back out.
  "Thanks for waking me up. Who knows how long I would have slept." I say.
  "Of course. I wouldn't want you to miss dinner." Gabby links her arm through mine and drags me towards the door. I open the door to Rue standing there. She looks surprised and looks at Gabby.
  "Hey, we were just headed to dinner." Gabby says.
  "Oh, ok good. I was just going to come check on you." Rue says.
  "Come on, we'll all go together." I say. Rue forces a smile and takes a step back to let us out. I pull my arm back from Gabby and we walk to the dining hall in silence. Rain gives me a look when we walk up and I take a seat next to him.
  "Are you causing trouble?" He leans in and whispers to me.
  "No, I slept all day." I whisper back.
  "Mmhhmm." Is all he says. I roll my eyes and eat my dinner. After dinner everyone prepares for the run. Luna pulls me to the side.
  "Mike, this is your first shift, maybe you'd feel more comfortable doing it away from everyone?" She asks.
  "It's ok, I'm not worried." I tell her. It either worked, or didn't, no point in hiding. She pats me on the back and smiles. She heads back to the pack and I see Rue walking towards me.
  "Hey Rue." I sound awkward and nervous.
  "Hey Mike, can we talk?" She asks.
  "Sure, what's up?"
  "Mike I'm going to be forward for a moment, but if I don't say it, I'll..well I'll regret it." She takes a deep breath and I brace myself.
  "Mike I like you. I think you are smart, funny, and a good guy. I would like for us to be together and mate." She tells me.
  "Rue." She puts her hands up to stop me.
  "I'm not looking for some explanation of why you don't feel the same. I just wanted you to know. Please just spare me seeing you with my best friend." She turns to leave but I grab her arm.
  "Rue, can I please talk?" She turns towards me but folds her arms in front of her.
  "Rue, I think you are smart, beautiful, and great to be around. But the truth is, you don't know me as well as you think you do. We don't know each other that well." Her face softens.
  "The reason I came here was not a good one. I made a lot of mistakes and I hurt a lot of people close to me. I wouldn't feel right being with you, without you knowing what I did. But I'm afraid if you learned what I did you wouldn't be with me. So maybe it's best if we just stay friends." I say. She looks defeated, but places her hand on my arm.
  "Does my father know?" She asks.
  "And your brother."
  "I would like to know. When you're ready." I suddenly feel a pain shoot up my spine.
  "Ahh!" I fall to the ground.
  "Mike, it's the shift. Just focus on breathing. The first one is painful for everyone, even for us." I hear Rue say. I take some deep breaths and feel my bones shifting and breaking. I grunt in pain. I hear my clothes rip and I try to complete the shift as quickly as possible. The pain echos through my body. Then suddenly it stops. I open my eyes and look around.
  "Rex?"
  "We did it. Can't you feel the difference?" He asks. I can feel the power.