The End

FIVE YEARS LATER
                    Emily's POV
    "Kai you better be getting dressed!" I shout up the stairs holding Aura on my hip. She's almost two and our youngest.
    "He's getting dressed, I checked on him." Liam says walking down the stairs with Maddox our three year old.
    "At least you two are ready. Here take Aura, I'm going to help Kai."
    "Let him get ready, we won't miss anything." Liam says.
    "Come on, let's get the bags together, I'm sure he'll be ready by then."
    "Fine. Where's the diaper bag?" I look around.
    "Maddox do you know where the diaper bag is?" Liam teases, Maddox just giggles and so does Aura. I find it hiding over by the sofa.
    "Found it." I hold it up and they all cheer. I pass Aura off to Liam to go through it to make sure we have everything.
    Snacks? - Check.
    Toys and Books? - Check.
    Wipes? - Check.
    Extra clothes? - Check.
    Bibs? - Check.
    Pull ups? - No..
    Aura is still in pull-ups, but she's almost potty trained.
    "We need more pull-ups I'll go get them. Oh and can you grab some bananas and put them in there." I place the diaper bag down over next to Liam and then I head upstairs and peek my head in to check on Kai. I see him standing at the window looking out. He's dressed, thank goodness.
    "Kai honey, are you ok?" I ask stepping into the room.
    "Mommy what's remmerannce?" I chuckle.
    "Remem-br-ance. Do you mean the dinner we're going to?" He's looking out at the tables being set up. He looks up and nods at me. I take his little hand and sit down on his bed.
    "This dinner is to remember the people we lost a long time ago, before you were born."
    "What happened to them?"
    "Well honey, they died. I know we haven't talked about this before. Do you know what that word means?" Now that we are immortal, and at peace, we don't really experience death anymore. My son has never known someone to die.
    "It means they are gone forever?"
    "Yup, all the grown ups here lost a lot of loved ones. You are named after one as a matter of fact."
    "Great grandpa Hiroen."
    "That's right." I smile at him.
    "And we hold the remembrance dinner every year to honor them and to remember all the good times we shared together."
    "But I don't remember them."
    "Haha no, but the stories we share about them can tell you what kinds of people they were. You can get to know them even though they aren't with us anymore." I squeeze his hand lightly.
    "Will you and dad be gone forever?"
    "Nope, you are stuck with us forever champ." I tussle his hair and he giggles.
    "Good." He says and hugs me.
    "Now, let's get downstairs. We don't want to be late." Kai smiles and races out the door. I grab some pull-ups and head downstairs after him.
    "All good?" Liam asks.
    "Yup, all set." I take Aura from Liam and grab the diaper bag and we head out to the river. I meet up with Carol and Mia and their kids.
    "Em! Oh Aura, you look so cute." Mia tickles Aura's stomach and she laughs. Mia is currently pregnant with her second child. We are really repopulating this land.
    "Look at you, how much longer to you have?" I ask.
    "Why does that question always sound like a prisoner being asked their released date?" Mia giggles.
    "Because it is." Carol adds. We all laugh.
    "Two more months." Mia says.
    "Where's Marcus?" I ask looking around for him. Mia points to where all the dads are standing and the kids running around them. It's actually really cute how they all get along now. Mike and Liam are now in a much better place. Mike and Rue have a three year old daughter, little Hannah. The only 'war couple' (our little nickname for couple who got together from the war.) who don't have a child is my mom and Cyran, which I'm ok with. Rain and Ashleah walk over and join us. Ashleah has her three month old strapped to her tummy and is trying to lull her to sleep. I just try to take in the sweet moments and look around at the children playing tag, the growing number of dads in the dad circle, the beautiful community we've made. My heart is overflowing with love and appreciation.
    "You alright Em?" Mia asks me.
    "Oh yeah. I'm just really happy." I smile, she smiles back. The bell rings for dinner and we all gather our children at the table. We drink and talk around the table and continue to share new stories, some we've heard before. But we listen and laugh like it's the first time we heard it. I look around the table at all the people that love and support me. I know now the prophecy was not completely accurate. I alone could not have changed the world. Everyone here played a part and I am grateful for each and everyone of them.

    The End

    Authors Note~
    Thank you so much for going on this adventure with me. Thank you for all your support and comments. Even though we are saying goodbye to Emily and Liam, i have other stories to tell. Be sure to follow me so you don't miss any of the fun. Thanks again.
    Elizabeth Johanne