Hiroen And Miranda

Hiroens POV.           
Hiroen's 18th Birthday
  I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. Today is my 18th birthday. The day I can find my fated mate and receive my magical abilities.
  I'm not sure how that last part works. I stretch out on my bed and close my eyes. I hear someone approach my door, which is odd because all the rooms are sound proof. I hear the knock at the door.
  "Hiroen, are you awake?" My mother asks.
  "Yes, I'll be out in a minute." I say. I hear her walk away. Ever since my parents told me about who I was, they have been extra attentive to me. I know they feel bad, but they really have no reason to be. Today I am going to meet with a witch who will help me control my magic. I get up and head down stairs for breakfast.
  "Honey, happy birthday!" My mother pulls me into a hug.
  "Thanks mom." I say.
  "Have a seat. Breakfast will be ready soon." My mother says. I grab an orange juice and sit at the table.
  "There's the birthday boy." My dad announces as he walks into the kitchen. He kisses mom on her cheek and joins me at the table.
  "Are you excited to find your mate?" My dad asks.
  "Yes and also working on magic." I say.
  "Ah yes, we will go see Miranda as soon as you are ready." My mom says as she places food on the table.
  "Thanks mom. Can we go after breakfast?" I ask.
  "Sure, let's eat up and we'll head out." My dad says. I try not to eat my breakfast as fast as I want to. I just want to learn as much about magic as I can. After breakfast my mom, dad, and I head out in their car to meet with Miranda. We drive deep into the woods for several hours. Finally, we pull up to three houses in a circle. We pull up and stop the car in the middle. We are met by a young woman with medium brown hair and dark brown eyes, who is walking out of the first house.
  "Hello, you must be the Lodge's." The girl says. Her voice is sweet and soft. The houses are dwarfed by trees and the thick forest, far from anyone else.
  "Yes we are." My dad says.
  "Miranda told me you would be coming. I am Haley, please follow me right this way." The girl leads us to the second house. All the houses look new and kept up. I see two other women sitting on the porch of the third house. I wonder how many people are here. We walk inside to a nice looking cabin. It's warm and smells like cookies. Another young girl is in the kitchen and an older woman sits in a rocking chair knitting. The young girl comes out of the kitchen and takes off her apron. She's very beautiful. She also has long black hair, fair skin, with a small frame, she looks to be around 5'3.
  "Oh hello, I am Miranda." She shakes all of our hands.
  "That's my grandmother Mable. She's a bit hard of hearing, but she loves her knitting." She says.
  "Come have a seat at the table. I just pulled some cookies out of the oven." She shows us to the table in the kitchen. We take a seat and I can't help but feel nervous.
  "So Hiroen, I've heard about you and your desire to learn magic." She says. Her back is to me as she puts the cookies on a plate.
  "Yes I want to learn magic." I say. My parents look at me.
  "Well you do have magic in you." Miranda turns around.
  "Because I didn't say that out loud." Her mouth wasn't moving.
  "You mean there is a way you all can talk to each other without others hearing?" I ask surprised.
  "Don't you all have a mind link?" She asks.
  "Yes we do." I say. She walks over with the cookies and places it in front of us.
  "Do you know why I agreed to help you?" She asks.
  "No."
  "My grandmother was friends with your mother. Your mother was a powerful witch and was suppose to be a leader within our people." She explained.
  "However, you are behind in your knowledge. Most witches have been taught the basics of witchcraft and know potions prior to their 18th birthday." She says.
  "I'm eager to learn." I say. She smiles at me and grabs a cookie. Her eyes are blue, but around her iris was brown.
  "Have you experienced anything today that would have been out of the ordinary?" She asks.
  "My hearing has gotten better. Even for a wolf." I say.
  "There has never been one of your kind before, so it is hard to say how the magic will react to your wolf side. But it sounds like it is enhancing your wolf abilities. However, magic is like a muscle, if you don't exercise it won't get stronger."
  "Really? But I was born with magic."
  "Being born with magic doesn't automatically give you everything you need. There are things that will happen to you because you have magic inside you, like your hearing, and I bet your smelling too. Other magical creatures will be able to interact with your magic, like how I did. But if you want to use and control magic, you will need to practice."
  "Ok where do I start." I ask. Haley brings over a book and places it in front of me.
  "Let's start with some basics. All magic comes from somewhere. Werewolf magic comes from the Moon Goddess. For witches our magic comes from the Earth or Gaia. Vampires get their magic from Darkness. Their magic is a bit more complicated, we don't need to get into that."
  "Vampires are real?" She laughs.
  "Yes, don't worry about them though. They typically keep to themselves."
  "Ok what else should I know?"
  "Witches typically are a part of coven, as werewolves are a part of a pack."
  "There seem to be a lot of similarities between witches and weres. Why is it forbidden for us to mate?" I ask, no one has given me an answer on this. Miranda looks and my parents, almost like for approval.
  "Well to be honest, it out of fear. Long ago there was a prophecy about a girl who would be part were, part witch, and part vampire. She will be the bringer of the end. So out of fear a council was made and rules out into place to keep the races from mating."
  "How can they know?" I ask.
  "For witches, it is the responsibility of each high priestess or priest to inform the council of anyone who mates with someone outside the race. I imagine it's the same for Alphas." I look at my parents, they look away from me.
  "But can vampires have a child?" I ask.
  "There is a blood line from the original line. They are human until they die, once they die they are turned into a vampire. The bloodline is impossible to trace and has been lost for hundreds of years. Have you ever noticed how difficult they make it if you have a human mate?" She asks. I think back, and I honestly can't remember anyone mated to a human.
  "Can't even think of one can you? It's to keep this prophecy from coming true." She says.
  "So not even the vampires know the bloodline?" I ask.
  "It is a great secret within the bloodline I guess." She says.
  "I don't honestly know too much about vampires, but they are a very secretive group." She adds.
  "So if I could potentially cause the end, I'm assuming of everything, why are you helping me?" I ask.
  "That is a great question. There are some who believe the translation of the prophecy is wrong. We believe it is not the end of everything, but the beginning of something new." She says.
  "Isn't it dangerous to be helping me?" I ask.
  "True, there are many who would not approve of this. However, changing the world will always be dangerous. Now let's get back to the basics. Let's go over the types of powers. Every witch favors a type of magic. Potions, casting, elemental and internal. Potions is just what it sounds like. They draw their magic from the plants and herbs they use. They excel at making potions and knowing how to use plants and herbs, often called a hedge witch or a kitchen witch, but these names have had their meaning changed over the years. A casting witch is a witch that excels at casting spells. Typically they know Latin or the old language, and know different spells for different needs, these use to be call Ritual witches often made to be High Priestess or Priests. They draw their magic from talismans or an object they use. Elementals pull their magic from the elements of Gaia, water, earth, fire, and air. They can manipulate these elements for their need. And finally internal, which some argue to be the most powerful. These witches pull their magic from within themselves, making their magic limitless, sort of.. These are normally the oracles or seers. All magic comes from somewhere and there is a balance to it all. Most witches can dabble in each type of magic, but they only truly excel in one area."
  "How do you find out which one you are?" I ask.
  "We test you. Several tests to see where your magic comes from. Would you like to be tested? I will need some time to gather everything we will need." She asks.
  "Yes I want to know." I say.
  "Very well. We will test you. We will need a few hours to prepare for the tests. I suggest you read through this to understand each type of magic. I will get you once we are ready." Miranda says as she stands to leave, Haley gives me a smile and then follows her. Finally, I get to find out who I really am.