Liam 2

Liams' POV
  Over the next few weeks Candy and the doctor care for me. A few of my memories have come back, but not many. I still haven't felt this 'wolf' everyone keeps asking about. Candy seems more upset about that than the doctor does.
  I've settled into a bit of a routine here. Everyday the doctor comes in to check on my wounds and see how they're healing. Then he asks me questions about who I am, and if I've regained any of my memories. He writes things down and he gives me my meds before leaving. After that Candy and I hang out. She basically spends the entire day with me. She tells me stories, and shows me pictures to try and jog my memory, it doesn't really work. I feel like I'm watching a movie about a stranger with my face. I see him in pictures, and I hear about him in the stories, but its always just HIM, and never ME. I wish I could make the two mesh together.
  Everyday it's the same thing, and I'm getting cabin fever. It's been nice getting to know Candy, and I can tell that she really cares about me, but I'm going stir-crazy in this room.
  "Your wolf is weak, when he's healed he will come back." The doctor tells me. I've notice Candy glaring at the doctor a few times. She tells me that the doctor "isn't one of us," that he's a witch and not a werewolf. I didn't even know witches were real, but then again I didn't know what my first name was a couple weeks ago. Are witches and werewolves enemies? If they are then why is Candy letting him treat me? Are they in an alliance? I'm not sure about anything.
  The doctor tells me I'll be able to leave as soon as my side is completely healed. Candy says it's taking longer than normal to heal because I don't have my wolf. It's fascinating to hear about wolves. I want to get in touch with my wolf. Candy says his name is Lucas. Weird name for a wolf if you ask me.
  "Hey Liam, how are you feeling today?" Candy asks as she walks into the room.
  "Fine!" I say quickly, almost automatically.
   "Uhh.. actually I'm feeling a little cooped up. Is there a way we can go outside? Maybe go for a walk or something? I'm dying here."
  Candy chuckles. "Sure! Let's go for a walk.. I think you might need a wheelchair though. Let me go get you one. I'll be right back." Candy winks as she goes out the door. She returns in a few minutes with a big smile and a blue wheelchair.
  "Ready to go?"  She asks. I swing my legs over the edge of the hospital bed and place my bare feet on the cold floor. Candy helps me unhook from the heart monitor and get situated in the chair.
  "Comfy?" Candy asks. I nod and she heads for the door. Soon we are out roaming the halls. I am surprised to see that the hospital is empty.
  "Where is everyone?" I ask.
  "Well, this is the extended stay side. Since wolves heal so fast, it doesn't get much use. Mostly everyone just goes to the clinic."
  "Huh." I remark. I wish I could heal faster. Where's ol' Lucas when you need em'.
  "I'll take you to the courtyard, there should be some people out. It's such a nice day." Candy says. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen anyone other than Candy and the doctor since I woke up. Candy continues wheeling me down the long white hallway until we reach a side door. She leads me outside to a small grassy area with a few benches and a large tree in the middle. She rolls me up to a bench and parks me next to it. She locks the wheels and sits down next to me. There is no one else out here, but I can see people walking around inside.
  "That side is the clinic. See? much busier." Candy remarks.
  "Yeah. I see.. Uh Candy can I ask you a question?
  "Sure, go ahead."
  "Do I have any friends?" Candy's eyebrows raise at the question.
  "Well, You haven't been in the pack for very long. You did have friends in your old pack. Does the name Brody sound familiar to you?"
  "No, it doesn't." I say quickly,  "You know, I still don't understand how all this happened. How did I get hurt so badly?" Candy takes in a deep breath.
  "You.. were attacked." She says.
  "By who?" I ask.
  She doesn't respond right away.
  "Your brother and your former pack." She doesn't look at me.
  "What? Why? What happened!?" I ask.
  "It's because of that b**** she-wolf." I can hear the anger in her voice. I've never seen her get angry before.
  "She-wolf? What do you mean?" I ask. She stands up from the bench and takes a few steps forward. Her back is facing me.
  "She told your brother that you and her slept together. He got pissed and lied to the pack for revenge. He told the pack you forced yourself on her and beat her. That's the real reason you left your pack. Your brother rallied them against you. They hunted us down, killed some of our pack, and then they tried to kill you. They must have thought you were dead cuz they left soon after that. You were close, but I found you and brought you back here just in time. I found out later who was behind it.. and why." She kept her back to me.
  "..Did I? Do any of what they said?" Again she was quiet and kept her back to me.
  "Only you know that. But I guess no one knows it now."
  Could I have done something like that? I don't think so, maybe HE could have, the man from the pictures with my face, but not ME. I'm still so unsure about everything. Would my own brother try to kill me  out of jealousy? I stand up and take a step behind Candy. I wrap my arms around her. I need some comfort right now.
  "I don't think I would have done anything to hurt you." I tell her. Her hands wrap around my arm and hold me tight.
  "I don't think you would either." She says. We stay like that for a moment. I breathe in her scent and my heart pings with pain. It was quick, only for a moment, but I felt it.  Suddenly a memory fills my mind.
  A girl with sandy blonde hair in a red dress. She's beautiful. She is walking down the steps with a man. He has black hair. He's wearing a suit and he looks happy, but  somehow disappointed. They walk down the stairs together, and when they reach the bottom, I hold out my arm. She takes it. As the black haired guy leaves, She looks up at me. Her green eyes are filled with love and excitement. I feel, happy and content. The sweet smell of vanilla and orange fills my nostrils. All is right with the world, I feel like I am home.
  I come back to see Candy staring at me looking confused.
  "Are you ok?" She asks.
  "I.. was just trying to remember." I say.
  "Anything?" She asks.
  "No, nothing." I don't know what that memory was, but now is definitely not the time to bring it up.  Who was that girl? Why did the black haired guy look disappointed? I need to remember who they were and I need to remember when that happened. They seemed to be around the age that I am now. Uhhgg! It's so frustrating having no memories. I've got to remember more!
  Candy helps me back into my chair and we sit outside a bit longer. She holds onto my hand as we sit there in silence. I want more information on my brother and my family.
  "Did my brother and I get along?" I ask.
  "Yeah. Well, I mean I think so. I only met you in college, but the way you talked about him. It sounded like you two had a pretty good relationship."
  "And me and my parents?"
  "Oh yes, you used to tell me stories from when you were young. You told me they were hard on you, but you knew it was only because you were destined to be the next Alpha."
  "What were my parents like?" I ask.
  "Well Alpha James, your dad, is a tall guy with black hair and brown eyes," I recall a few pictures Candy had shown me. "He was nice and very welcoming towards me. Your mom, Luna Jackie, the woman with dark brown hair and greenish blue eyes. She was also really sweet and welcoming. Although I think she did favor your brother a bit.. Your brother Mike has black hair and I think he has hazel colored eyes."  YES! Mike! Mike is the guy in the suit! He was just a child in the pictures Candy showed me. That must be why I didn't immediately recognize him.
  "What did Emily look like?" I could feel Candy tense up.
  "She was sort of plain faced with blonde hair and green eyes. I don't really remember her that well." Emily was the girl in my vision. But this doesn't make sense. My memory and what Candy is telling me don't add up. Candy pulled her hand away. I knew she was getting concerned about my questions.
  "What about your family? Have I met them? Do you have any siblings?" She gave me a half smile.
  "Actually no, we were on our way here when we were attacked. Once you are able to come home, you will meet them. I don't have any siblings."
  "Do your parents know about me?"
  "Of course silly. They are looking forward to meeting you." We spend some time talking about her and her family. Soon we go back inside and I get back into bed. At the end of the day Candy said Goodnight and left. I lay in bed thinking back at the memory, trying to see if I can remember more. I close my eyes and think. I remember standing on a balcony with Emily looking out over a crowd of people.
  "Thank you everyone. Emily and I are so grateful for everyone who has come out to celebrate with us." I say. But that's it. The haze covers everything after that. Celebrate, what were we celebrating?

  Candy's POV
  I leave Liam for the night. I need to call the witch.
  "Hello?"
  "I think he's remembering."
  "I told you, if you want him to have his wolf back he's going to have to remember some things."
  "You promised me Liam."
  "And you have him. But you want him with his wolf."
  "Yeah, he's taking twice as long to heal, and he would be weak without his wolf. And you said you were going to take care of Emily."
  "I'm working on it. There is a plan in place. She is currently taking her place next to Mike as agreed. As soon as they mark eachother she will be removed."
  "Why do you have to wait for that?"
  "Don't worry about it. Just worry about marking Liam."
  "I'm working on it. But Luther, you need to make sure he doesn't remember her." I hang up the phone. Stupid witch isn't going to get rid of Emily, then maybe I should.