Who Am I?

Emily's POV
    Dream
    "Emily what have you done?"
    "What is going on here?"
    "Protect yourself."
    "Don't trust anyone."
    "Your blood."
    I am in a dark room and the voices surround me. They get louder and louder.
    "It belongs to me."
    "Fight back."
    "You will end the world."
    "You are not what they say you are."
    I try to cover my ears but their voices are in my head. I close my eyes and crouch down. I scream to try and drown them out. Suddenly the voices stop. The air gets warmer.
    "Child." I hear a voice. I open my eyes. I'm standing in a forest, surrounded by tall trees. The sun is shining through.
    "Hello?" I look around for the source of the voice.
    "Child. You have a lot on your mind." The air through the trees whispers to me.
    "Yes, I do. I just want to make the right decision. How do I know what the right decision is?" I ask.
    "Your head is telling you one thing, while your heart tells you another." The wind says.
    "Yes, exactly." I keep turning around, expecting to see someone.
    "Who have you known longer?" The wind asks. What an odd question. I've known them the same amount of time, right?
    "What do you mean?" I ask.
    "Who's wisdom have you used longer? Have you been driven by your head or your heart? When you would run through the forest as a child, who lead the way? When the moon goddess gave you a mate, who guided you? A coin can not have two heads and be true. You must choose."
    "But what if I choose wrong?" I ask.
    "Then you have just learned a lesson. That is why no one can tell you what to do. Life is full of lessons you must learn them on your own."
    "Who are you?" I ask.
    "You will find out in time Emily. Whenever you need us, we are here." The wind rips through the trees.
  Who is we?
   Darkness surrounds me and I open my eyes. I'm in bed next to Mike. I lay there breathing heavily. Mike is still sleeping. What a dream, I need to tell my mom. Ugh I have Luna training today, but at least it's the last day before the Alpha Announcement. Oh! And I have a date with Mike tonight.
   Ok plan for today, breakfast, Luna training, date with Mike, then I will tell him I can't sleep in his bed tonight and go over to my parents. I can at least read over the book and start practicing tomorrow. I am so excited to get started. I just need to get through today.
  And staying completely busy has nothing to do with what happened last night and me not wanting to process that. Nope, not one bit.
  I look over at Mike sleeping. Should I sneak out, again? Last time didn't really work out. I can't use my mom as an excuse again. Think Emily, think.. Carol!
    "Hey Carol. Wake up." I mind link her.
    "Surprisingly I'm up." She responds quickly.
    "What? Seriously?" I ask.
    "Well, I never went to sleep. Don't tell my mom."
    "I need your help with something."
    "What is it?"
    "I need you to come over to my room."
    "Ok then what?"
    "That's it."
    "What's in it for me?"
    "What?! Seriously?"
    "Em I'm comfy under my blankets. You want me to get up, go outside, for what?"
    "Oh goddess. I'll bring you breakfast in bed."
    "Oh now that's a deal. I'll be there in like 5 mins." She says.
    "Ok sweet. Thanks a bunch." Alright, I have my excuse, now to break out my acting skills. I place my hand on Mikes shoulder.
    "Mike." I whisper. Surprisingly he doesn't move.
    "Mike." I whisper again. He rolls over but doesn't wake up. Hmm I guess I'll leave, I'll text him when I get to my room. I get out of bed and out the door. I finally breathe when I get to my door. At the same moment someone taps me on the shoulder. I jump and spin around. Thank goddess it's only Carol.
    "Carol." I whisper.
    "Yeah girl. Who else?" I shush her.
    "Whisper!! People are sleeping." I open my bedroom door and shovel her inside. I walk in after her and close the door.
    "Dude what is the deal? You ask me over super early in the morning, by the looks of it you weren't even in your room, and now you're shoving me? What's going on?" She asks as she takes a seat in my bed crossing her arms in front of her. How much truth should I tell her? She's my family, right?
    "Ok so here's the thing. I just used you as an excuse to leave Mikes room." Ok let's ease into this. Maybe I won't give her more information than she needs. I hate this feeling like I can't trust anyone.
    "You were in Mike's room?" She gives me a smirk and raises her eye brows.
    "But why would you need an excuse?" She asks.
    "Carol, do you trust me?" I ask.
    "Of course. I know you are my family, but you are also like my best friend." She says. She's right.
    "Ok I can't tell you everything, but something is happening . I want to tell you everything but I don't have time right now. I need you to tell Mike you told me you were coming over because you were having problems with your mom again." Carol and Aunt Becky butt heads all the time. Carol's older sister Mary is like the golden child, while Carol is more of a free spirit. Mike knows all about it. It's the perfect excuse.
    "Ok." She says.
    "Wait really?" I asks surprised.
    "Yeah, like I said, I trust you. I got your back. And besides I get breakfast in bed and something to hold against you if need be." Carol winks then  jumps in the bed and crawls under the covers. I crawl in next to her. I text Mike about Carol and why I left.
    "But Em, you need to figure out whatever is going on. You can't use excuses forever." She says.
    "I just need to get through today. Then everyone will be too busy with the Alpha Announcement and I won't need excuses." I say. She seems satisfied with that answer. We put on Harry Potter while we wait for the rest of the house to wake up. However, Carol falls asleep 30 minutes in. I know she won't be up until lunch time now. I wait until the sun comes up before getting up and ready for the day. I get dressed and head down stairs for breakfast. I look around the cafeteria but don't see Mike. I take a seat and an omega puts food in front of me.   
             DING!  Mike texted me back.. finally.
    "Hey Em, no worries. I hope I didn't scare you off with what happened last night. Are we still on for our date tonight?" He texts.
    "Yes! Still on for our date. I'll see you tonight." I reply.
  Ok great. I just need to get through Luna training, then our date and I will be home free to practice magic. I finish my breakfast and put in an order for breakfast to be delivered to my room, for Carol. Then I head to the Luna Jackie's office.
    "Good morning Luna." I say as I walk through the door.
    "Good morning dear. Have a seat. Today we'll be going over the neighboring packs. Ya know,  everyone who will be at the Alpha Announcement." She says, which makes sense, I will be meeting everyone as the future Luna alongside Mike.
    "Ok, where should we start?" I ask.
    "Let's start with the most powerful packs and work our way down." She says. She pulls out a book and turns a few pages.
    "This is called a Legacy Line. It tracks each pack and it's Alphas." She explains.
    "But isn't it mostly just family lines?" I ask.
    "True, mostly. But the more powerful a pack, the more likely they are to have a challenger. Like this pack, Midnight Forest Pack. They are one of the most powerful packs in our land. Their current Alpha is Alex Underwood. His father died in a challenge and his family lost the title. Then Alex challenged the challenger and won. He is a young Alpha. Many think he is weak because he hasn't found his mate yet." She turns the page.
    "This is another powerful pack, Red Stone Pack. The Alpha is Derrick Stone, another mateless Alpha. However Derrick can be a bit ruthless. He's older than Alex and it is a surprise he hasn't taken a Luna yet." She says.
    "And they will be at the Alpha Announcement?" I ask.
    "Oh yes. All the Alphas show up to all the Alpha Announcements in their land. Their Lunas attends too." Great, I'm going to have to travel for those too.
    "Where do we fall in the powerful line?" I ask.
    "There is only one more pack more powerful than us, the Gray Ridge Pack and their Alpha Milo Gray. Then comes our pack." The Luna says proudly. She should be proud, they have done a wonderful job with our pack, and I hope to continue that.
  But what if my magic and my duties for the pack don't align? I wonder what I will choose? My thoughts wonder for a second but I snap back and focus.
  Luna Jackie goes over a few other packs that will be in attendance. Then she explains the series of events for the night do the Alpha Announcement.
    "Well that should be everything. Now you know we won't be able to meet again until after the announcement, too much to plan." She says.
    "Yes, I'm going to be helping my mom around the house for the next few days until the event." I say. She smiles at me.
    "You are such a good girl. Mike is so lucky to have you as a mate." She says. I smile back and nod.
    After Luna training I head to my room to see if Carol is awake, it is a little past lunch time but not too late. I walk up to my room and find Carol eating the breakfast I ordered for her, with her head hanging off the bed, and watching what looks like The Cable Guy.
    "Well look who abandoned me." She says rolling on to her stomach.
    "You passed out. I had things to do." I say.
    "You promised me breakfast in bed!"
  "What do you call that!?" I say.
  "I had to get out of bed to go get it! Not the same." She remarks.
  I roll my eyes and chuckle.
    "Well how about lunch in bed." Carol thinks for a moment.
    "Fine. Fetch me lunch." She waves her hand in the air gracefully. I bow to her.
    "Yes my lady. Right away." We both giggle as I head to the cafeteria.