Breakfast

Emily's POV
  I lay in bed waiting for Liam to come back when I hear talking outside my door. I close my eyes and focus on the voices.
  "What do you mean?" Hiroen asks.
  "If Em becomes the Tribrid and we mark each other there is a chance I could die because she is part vampire." Liam says.
  "Hmm that's interesting. But if you do it now and then she dies then you will feel her death."
  "Would her death break our mate bond?" Liam asks.
  "Now you are asking some important questions. Listen Liam, Emily is the first and only of her kind. I fear when it comes to her, there will be more questions than answers. I hate to suggest this, but she could gain some insight by talking with her father. And I have to be honest with you, Edaline was being gentle earlier. The Fog is an issue for oracles, that's true, but typically it happens to oracles who are much much older than Emily. It can happen when someone has studied enough magic for 3 life times. It's unheard of in young witches."
  "What does that mean?" Liam asks.
  "Again, more questions than answers I'm afraid. There is one thing I am sure of, Emily loves you. None of this is her fault. She was dealt a difficult hand while she is still trying to learn the game. Just think, a year ago, you two were training to become Alpha and Luna of your pack. There were no prophecies, no Tribrids, or factions. Both of your lives have changed a great deal. Be there for each other." Hiroen says.
  I open my eyes and stop listening. I've heard all I want to. I need to talk to my father and Edaline, but first I need to sleep. I get out of bed and decide to take a quick shower.
  I dry myself off and get back into bed. Liam hasn't come back in yet, so I crawl into bed alone. I wish I had more answers for him. I lay there in the dark room thinking about all the questions Liam asked that I should've asked myself.
  Will I live forever? Forever is a long time. Can vampires control who they turn or does it happen with every bite? I'm almost asleep when I hear the door open. The scent of my mate fills the room. I inhale deeply and listen as Liam gets undressed and climbs into bed. He slides one arm under my pillow and the other arm pulls me into him.
  "I love you Em." He says.
  "I love you too." He kisses the back of my head. I twist around so I'm facing him and kiss him on the lips. We share a beautiful slow and intimate kiss. I position myself into his chest and cozy up. Liam kisses my forehead. We fall asleep cuddling.
  I open my eyes and the room is still so dark, there are no windows in our room.
  Is it morning? I check the time it reads 7:12 am. Liam is still asleep. I slip out of our embrace carefully. Liam doesn't even stir. He's still in a deep sleep. I don't want to wake him. He must be tired from the journey here.
  I quietly slip out of bed and tiptoe to the bathroom, taking care not to bump into anything in the darkness. I get to the bathroom and feel for the light switch. I find it and turn on the light. I look around for my toothbrush and some toothpaste. I find it in one of our bags. I close the bathroom door and brush my teeth. I fix my hair in to a loose messy bun. Now to get dressed. I look through the bags until I find some clothes. I pick out a pair of sage green high waisted denim jeans and a loose fitting cream colored t shirt. I tuck the front of the shirt into the jeans and then look for a pair of socks. I can only find a pair of pale pink and white striped ankle socks.
  Good enough.
   I put them on then I turn off the light. I tip toe towards the door and put on my dark brown birkenstock sandals and head out of the room.
  "Mom, are you awake? Are you still in your room." I mindlink her.
  "Yes I am, but I was about to go find some breakfast."
  "Great I'm right outside. I'll wait for you."
  I wait a few minutes outside my moms room when Cyran walks out of his room. Just the man I wanted to talk to.
  "Cyran." I say drawing his attention.
  "Oh. Good morning Emily. How did you sleep?" He asks walking over to me.
  "Good I think. I was wondering. If we could talk. I have some questions about vampires and you're the only vampire I know."
  "Sure of course. I know they want to get you into training as soon as possible. But I'm sure we can find a moment." He says.
  My mom's bedroom door opens.
  "Oh good morning Cyran. Will you be joining us for breakfast?" My mom asks.
  "I'd be delighted. And maybe you can ask me some questions over breakfast." My mom glances at me and I nod. Samson comes out of his room and quietly follows behind us. We walk down the hall and into two guards.
  "Tribrid." They bow.
  "Good morning. Where could we find breakfast?" I ask.
  "The great hall. Where you ate dinner. Follow us." They lead us down the stairs and back to the long table. I was surprised to Hiroen already at the table speaking with a young man and a woman.
  "Ah, here she is." Hiroen says.  The man and woman turn to me. The young man was very handsome, he was tall, tan and had short black hair but his eyes were a vibrant emerald green and stood out from his dark features. The woman looked to be about my moms age, she had brown hair and brown eyes. As we walked closer I realized the young man was probably around the same age as me. They bow to me before I can say anything, an older man barges into the room. He's round with a bushy white beard and big smile on his face. He looks just like Santa Claus
  "Alfred!" Hiroen shouts as he gets up and goes over to the man.
  "Hero!" The man replies. As he wraps his arms around Hiroen. The two men share a heartwarming warming hello and I watch them while everyone else takes a seat. I glance over at the young man who I notice is staring at me. I quickly look back towards Hiroen. Hiroen looks back at me.
  "Emily." He waves me over and I walk over to them.
  "Alfred, this is my great great granddaughter. Was that enough greats?" The two men laugh in unison.
  "Oh my dear, such an honor to meet you. I have heard so much about you. You are more beautiful than I could have ever imagined."
  "Thank you that is very kind." I smile.
  "And such manners! Marcus could take some lessons." Alfred says laughingly to Hiroen.
  I look at Hiroen confused.
  "Oh I'm sorry." Hiroen gestures to the young man and the woman.
  "This is Marcus, Alfred's son. And Alfred's lovely wife Rose." They bow slightly to me again. The door opens to people bringing in breakfast.
  "Let's feast before the food gets cold." Alfred says. We go to the table and Hiroen gestures for me to sit next to Marcus. I sigh but take a seat, I'm sitting across from Cyran, I wanted to be closer to him to ask him about vampires. But with the extra company, I guess I'll wait. Breakfast is eggs, sausage patties, potatoes, and biscuits with butter and jam. It smells amazing. I grab myself a biscuit some eggs and a sausage patty, and begin to fashion myself and little breakfast sandwich.
  "So Marcus, when will you start Emily's training?" Alfred says loudly. I am mid bite into my little biscuit sandwich when I look around. I chew and swallow quickly.
  "Training?" I ask reaching for a drink to help me swallow the bite.
  "Yes! Hiroen did you not tell her anything?"
  "My apologies Emily I only just found out myself." Hiroen says.
  "I am going to train you on controlling the magic." Marcus says in a low tone, which was meant only for me to hear.
  "You?!" I say much sharper than I mean to.
  He laughs. I hear Alfred and Hiroen talking and my mom as well.
  "I'm older than I look." He smiles.
  "I'm sorry but I just thought.."
  "You would be trained by someone old and wise?" He said.
  "Well kind of. I mean no offense, I'm sure you are very capable."
  He laughs again.
  "How about this, give me this afternoon to prove my wise-ness and if not, we'll find you an old man." I think for a moment, just one afternoon can't hurt.
  "Very well. One afternoon won't hurt." I say.
  "Good. And besides, I'm way more fun than some stuffy old witch." I giggle and go back to eating my sandwich. I glance up and see Liam at the door watching me. I smile at him, but he is looking at Marcus next to me.
  "Liam." I say in mindlink. He looks at me and walks to the table. He walks nexts to me and takes a seat.
  "Good morning Liam. How did you sleep?" My mom says noticing the tension. Liam pulls my chair closer to him and away from Marcus. I notice Marcus smile in amusement.
  "I slept very well, thank you." He replies to my mom. The table was quiet for a moment, but as soon as Liam started eating the conversation picked back up.
  "Why didn't you wake me?" He asks.
  "I wanted to let you sleep. I know how much you pushed yourself during the journey here." I say.
  When I was done eating I sat there listening to Alfred tell stories of Hiroen, they have known each other for a long time it seems.
  "Well are you ready to get started?" Marcus announces, a little too loudly.
  "Started?"
  "He's-"
  "I'm going to train her how to control her magic." Marcus cuts me off. I could feel Liam's desire to rip Marcus' head off, but I place my hand on Liam's thigh and calm him. I kiss Liam's cheek and stand.
  "Well, are you coming?" I ask Marcus. He stands and he leads me out of the dining hall.