At Last

Emily's POV
As we drive away from the pack lands, I feel someone following us.
"We are being followed." I say. Samson looks behind us, Cyran drives a bit faster.
"I don't see anyone." Samson says.
"Doesn't mean they aren't there." Cyran says.
The car ride is quiet. Cyran seems to already know the way to Miranda's house, which is concerning. I have so many questions for him, but I'm not going to ask them in the car. I don't know what he and Samson are capable of and I don't want to put me and mom in jeopardy. So I keep my mouth shut, but as soon as we get to Miranda's house Cyran has a lot of explaining to do.
"Mom are you ok back there?" I ask in mindlink.
"Yeah I'm fine. Are you ok?"
"Yeah. Can you make sure he is going in the right direction for Miranda's."
"Yes of course." She replies. I place my hand on the dashboard and use the spell to hide us, in case we are still being followed.
A few hours later we pull up to Miranda's land, the cloaking spell is still covering the house. The headlights shine on a familiar scowling face. It's Carmen. Cyran stops the car when he sees her. I hop out of the car quickly. I see Hiroen come out from the cloak and I run over to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and every emotion I have been trying to control is let loose. He hugs me tight as I sob on his shoulder. My emotions are completely overloaded, from watching Brody die, to knowing Mikes involvement, to potentially Liam's involvement, to meeting my real father. I can't take anymore. Hiroen picks me up and carries me through the cloak. My mom follows us into the now small village of people. I barely even noticed them. I keep my head buried until we enter Miranda's house.
"My goodness what is wrong?" I hear Miranda's voice.
"Emily has been through a lot tonight." My mother replies.
"Put her in the back room. Let her rest. And who are you?" I'm guessing Miranda's asking Cyran and Samson, but I don't care right now. Hiroen carries me to the back bedroom and lays me on the bed. I'm not crying as heavily, but the tears are still flowing.
"Emily, I'm not sure what happened tonight, but there is a lot more ahead of us. There are a lot of lives counting on you. I know it's not fair to ask of one person, but you are all we have." He holds my hand for a moment.
"Find out what they want. And how they plan to do it." I tell him.
Hiroen looks at me confused for a second. "The men out there?"
"Yes, the blonde one is my father." Hiroen's posture slightly stiffens.
"Vampires?" I just nod. He pats my hand and leaves the room. I roll over and face the window. I know Hiroen is right. I need to be strong, tough, brave even, but I have this hole inside me and with every bad or confusing thing it seems to get bigger.
I continue crying as I recall the events of the last 24 hours, I search my memory for hints and clues of Mike's betrayal and possibly Liam's as well. But then I recall Hiroen told me I could trust Liam. That means Hiroen knew something about Liam, which means I know something about Liam. I close my eyes and try to access Hiroens memories. The only way I could handle our mind link and stay myself was to compartmentalize Hiroens memories keeping them separate from my own. It takes me a minute of concentration, but eventually the memory becomes clear.
Memory:
It's the night of the battle, when I lost Liam. Hiroen was there hiding behind the trees watching the battle. I see Liam leading a small group of wolves. Out of no where several large wolves separate Liam from the others. They circle him and start attacking him. Liam fights them off, but he's only one wolf. I watch as a wolf takes a bite out of his side. I can feel Hiroen's desire to go and save Liam. Before he gets the chance a wolf breaks through the circle of wolves and stands over Liam, guarding him from the others. it's Mike! He is growling and baring his teeth at the other wolves.
"Woh woh woh" a man's voice says. It's Luther! He walks over to the wolves. They all shift into human form, including Mike. Liam is laying bleeding and unconscious on the ground.
"What the hell is going on?" Mike  yells.
"What you agreed to, getting Liam out of the way." Luther says.
"You said you wouldn't hurt him."
"I said I wouldn't kill him." Luther hisses and takes a step towards him.
"What do you call this?" Mike takes a step closer too.
"Watch yourself little wolf, I can make it two wolves on the ground bleeding to death." Mike takes a step back.
"Tell your parents I will be in touch. And don't forget about our deal. The spell will grow in strength, but it does have an end date."
"What are you going to do with him?" Mike asks.
"He will be kept away, don't worry."

The memory ends but now I'm in the woods running. I feel the wind in my fur and the forest floor under my paws. What am I seeing? Is the Hiroen? No it's not Hiroen, it's Liam! It's right now! He's close. My eyes shoot open. I dart out of bed and out of the back room, the door slams open. Everyone's eyes are on me immediately, but I head straight for the front door. I rush pass everyone not saying a word. Liam is close. I hear them shouting after me but I don't stop to explain. I rush down the porch and through the village. I see Carmen at the threshold of the village, but just as she was about to stop me I jumped and shifted mid air. I jumped pass Carmen and out of the shield. I ran hard and fast towards where my vision was. I knew I was being followed, I expected it. I even felt another presence, it was Cyran, he was beside me. I dug deep and ran faster. I knew I was getting close. All I could think about is Liam!

Liam's POV
I am running as fast as I can towards Silver Leaf Pack. I can't wait to see my family and Emily. As I'm running through the woods I hear something. Someone else is here. Was I followed? I run faster now. The sounds get closer but they aren't coming from behind me, they are coming from my left. They are close now. I run faster so they miss me. Out of the forest comes a wolf.  Their fur is almost fully white. They lunge at me and we go tumbling. I spring to my feet and get ready to attack. But I freeze when I see her more clearly. She is panting on her feet but not ready to fight. Then she shifts into her human form. It's Emily. I shift back into mine.
"Liam." She pants.
"Emily?" I slowly walk towards her as she walks towards me. I run my fingers over her cheek and suddenly I feel our mate bond, our real mate bond. She leans into my touch and smiles, I see tears building up in her eyes.
"Liam, I can't believe you are here, alive. I missed you so much."
"You.. thought I was dead?"
"Yes.. Th-," Someone else appears through the trees. He was so fast I could barely see him.
"Emily, what do you think you are doing?" He interrupts her. "You can't just run away like that!" The man yells at Emily. I let out a growl. Emily places her hand on my chest and it calms me. Her touch feels so good.
"Liam this is my father. I have so much to explain." Emily says.  Suddenly another wolf breaks through the trees and is headed straight for me. I take the wolf charge head on. We tumble backwards and the wolf ends up on top of me, baring his teeth.
"Mike!?  Stop it." Emily shouts. Mike flinches at Emily's voice. All at once, Mike was lifted off me and flung against a tree.

Emily's POV
Cyran picked Mike up off Liam and flung him up against a tree. Like it was nothing.
"Cyran!" I rush to position myself between Mike and Cyran.
Seeing Mike defend Liam that day Liam was taken, even it if was only for a second, softens me toward him. After all I've know Mike my entire life.
"We don't need to kill him." I hold my hand up to Cyran. I glance back at Mike, who has shifted back to his human form. He is pacing back and forth.
"We need to go back. We aren't safe here. If he can find you anyone can." Cyran says. Liam has gotten up and is standing next to Cyran.
"Yeah Emily. We should get out of the woods."
"I'm sorry Em." I hear whispered into my ear right before I feel a piercing heat spread through my shoulder. The pain spreads and washes over me. I look over and see Mike biting my marked spot. I cry out in pain and realization. I've been marked. By MIKE. I look up and see Liam frozen in place staring at us. Liam reacts and lunges towards me then, nothing. Blackness took me as I fell to the ground, unconscious.