Let's not keep her waiting

Angela's POV
    "Were you able to reach Miranda?" I ask Marcus.
    "Yeah." He says. I wait for him to say more, but he doesn't.
    "Marcus, what's wrong?" I ask.
    "My dad, he.. he's dead." Marcus says.
    "Oh Marcus, I'm so sorry." I pull him into a hug. There has been so much death, he's too young to have his parents die. Marcus hugs me back. I don't hear him cry, but I feel him squeeze me.
    "AHHH!" We hear I cry come from the front room. We pull back and rush to find the source of the cry. We walk into the front room and see Liam on the floor writhing  in pain. Mia is next to him trying to help.
    "I don't know what's wrong, one minute he's showing me the crystals they brought back and now he's on the floor. I don't know what happened!" Mia says to us. I get next to him and look him over, I don't see any injuries.
    "Liam, honey what is it?" I ask.
    "Ahh! My, my." He tries to speak but it's not coming out. What could it be?
    "Liam what is it? What hurts, just point to it." I tell him. He points to his chest.
    "Your chest hurts?" I ask. He shakes his head no and points harder.
    "Your heart?" I ask. Please don't say yes. He nods his head yes.
    "What? What is it?" Mia asks.
    "It's Emily." I say,
    Cyran walks into the room.
    "What's going on? Cyran asks.
    "Liams heart hurts and it's.. because of Emily." Mia says confused. I feel tears welling up in my eyes. My baby. My sweet baby.
    "Angela." Cyran comes over to me gently, he approaches me like I'm a wild animal he doesn't want to spook. Liam cries out again in pain again.
    "Liam and Emily's bond is severed." I say.
    "Severed? What? What does that mean?" Mia asks.
    "It means Emily is..dead" I hear those words being spoken by a familiar voice. I think it was my own.
    My head floods with thoughts and emotions. My eyes are darting back and fourth. Nothing is clear. My vision is blurred my thoughts are fuzzy, Then one clear voice, my wolf Ruth, comes forward.
    "Angela, she will come back. Emily will be okay, we will find her."
    "Angela?" Cyran is right next to me. I snap out of my trance, I look right at him. Tears are still streaming down my face.
    "Are you.." Cyran begins.
    "AHH!" Liam cries out again. Then I shift into mother mode. Liam is hurting I need to do all I can to help him. I go over to him and grab his hand.
    "Liam, listen to me. Just breathe. Keep breathing through the pain. Focus on my voice." I say to him. Finally he loses consciousness.
    "We need to take him to the clinic." I say.
    "Let me." Marcus says. He picks him up off the ground and carries him away, Mia follows behind. I am left sitting on the ground. Cyran helps me up and I can not hold back my tears anymore. I breakdown crying and wrap my arms around Cyrans neck. He holds me without saying a word. He lets me cry and cry. My baby, my daughter has died. I failed her. I couldn't protect her. I was sitting right there as they took her.

    Marcus' POV
    I lay Liam down in the bed. He's breathing and seems to be ok, other than being unconscious. I can't believe Emily is dead, I know she will come back as a vampire, but somehow I feel like we failed her. We need to go get her, but now that Liam is unconscious what are we going to do?
    "Mia, why was he showing you the crystals?" I ask.
    "Because I told him I could make them into the weapons. I was interested in the quest you all were going on so I went down and spoke with Milton. He showed me how to make the weapons." She explains.
    "How long would it take you to make them?" I ask.
    "A few hours for each. How many do you want?" She asks.
    "As many as you can make by the time I wake Liam up." I say.
    "Ok I'm on it." She rushes out of the room. Ok now to figure out how to wake Liam up.
    "Marcus!" I hear Miranda in my head.
    "Miranda what is it?" I ask.
    "We have a problem. The Pures got wind of Lina's kidnapping and are heading to Luther as we speak." She says.
    "They killed Emily." I say.
    "Dammit! That Luther. How did you find out?" She asks.
    "Liam. He felt their bond break. He's out cold."
    "Damn. We have no time to waste. Try a rejuvenation spell to get him up. We need to get Emily out of there. And we need to somehow hold off the Pures."
    "We have a weapon for the dragons. I'll wake Liam up and we will be down there." I say and head back out to the front room. I walk back into the room and see Cyran and Angela embracing. Angela is crying. I walk in quietly.
    "Uh." I say to make my presence known. They break apart and Angela wipes her eyes.
    "How is Liam?" She asks.
    "He's still unconscious. But we need to wake him up. Mia is working on making the weapons. So I was thinking Cyran and Peter could go down there and help her. While you and I wake up Liam. Once he wakes up and we at least have three weapons, we can go get our girl." I say.
    "Yeah we can do that. But how are we going to wake him up?" Angela asks.
    "We can do a rejuvenation spell, Miranda suggested it." I say.
    "Okay, I'll follow your lead." Angela agrees. Cyran just nods and heads to the basement.
    "You sure you're ok Angela?" I ask her gently.
    "No, but I will be once we get Emily back." She says.
    "Let's get what we need for the spell." We head out to the greenhouse. I stop in front of the row of herbs. I look over what we will need.
    "What..what is in the spell?" She asks.
    "Actually it's pretty easy. I'm just looking for mugwort. Found it." I pick some and hand it to Angela.
    "This and some ginger leaves. You will mix them together and we'll burn it." I say. We go back inside and Angela works on the mix and when she is done we go to the clinic with some candles.
    "Put these around the room and light them." I tell her. I can tell she's worried, she's not very talkative. She lights all the candles and I sit next to Liam.
    "Ok go ahead and burn the mixture." I tell her. I place my hand on Liam's head.
    "mens manifesta, oculi aperti" I say.
    "mens manifesta, oculi aperti" I repeat again and again while the mixture is burned. Liam moves and opens his eyes. He coughs and sits up.
    "Liam?" Angela says.
    "What's going on?" He asks.
    "Thank goodness you are awake. We need to go get Emily." She says.
    We help Liam off the bed. He's weak and needs some assistance standing straight. But he's walking.
    We go down and check on the weapons. To my surprise they are almost done with the third one.
    "Liam! You're awake. How did you manage that?" Mia asks.
    "Magic." I say for him.
    "We are just about ready to leave." Cyran says.
    "Good, because I have another idea. There are three of us and three vampires." I say. Cyran looks at me like he knows what I'm thinking.
    "Yeah we can do that. We should be able to get there in a few hours at that rate." Cyran says.
    "Let's not keep her waiting." Angela says.