Hiroen's Magic

Hiroen's POV
    "We are ready for you." Haley says from the door way. I walk into a back room of the house and stand next to a table in front of Miranda.
    "So this should be straight to the point. I told you each type of witch pulls their powers from different sources. Here is a talisman." Haley hands me a pendent.
    "Here are some herbs." Haley hands me a pouch.
    "And here is some dirt." Haley hands me another pouch.
    "You are going to cast a illumination spell and where your power comes from will glow." Miranda explains.
    "That's it?" I ask.
    "Yes, then we can focus your training."
    "Ok, how do I cast the spell?"
    "Just close your eyes and say, fons virtutis illustra."
    "That's all?"
    "Yup, give it a go." Miranda says. I close my eyes.
    "fons virtutis illustra" when I open them the pendent is glowing yellow and white.
    "So you are a talisman witch. Your power comes from objects. You can create talismans of your own." Miranda says.
    "What kind of witch are you?"
    "I am also a talisman witch, I am the High Priestess of this coven. Haley is an elemental."
    "How do you create a talisman?" I ask in excitement.
    "I guess that could be your first lesson." Miranda says.
    "Come with me." We walk outside. In the middle of all the houses looks to be some kind of alter. There was a large rock slab, probably the size of a person. Candles, dried flowers, herbs, cups, different colored stones, and small figures adorn the rock. But in the middle was a large clear space.
    "Do you know what this is?" She asks.
    "It looks like an.. alter of some kind?"
    "You are correct. We gather here to practice together. The first thing in making a talisman is selecting a physical base. Some witches might tell you to pick something mineral, vegetable, or of animal origin. Like a gem or a bone, but if you are powerful enough, you can use anything. The more power you have, the more power the item will hold. Sometimes whole covens will work together to create one. This rock is one."
    "This whole rock?" I'm surprised with how large it is, I guess there isn't a size restriction.
    "Yes. It helps when we are casting as a coven or offering."
    "Offering?" I ask.
    "We'll get there. So what will be your physical base?" She asks.
    "You want me to pick something from here?"
    "Yes, don't worry about it being too small. When you create a talisman, you are magically connected to it."
    "So I will always be able to find it?"
    "Yes. It can be anything Hiroen. Look around, there are no limits. Stop thinking like a wolf and think like a witch." I look around, but something crosses my mind and I rush back inside to my parents. Haley is sitting with them talking about something.
    "Mom can I borrow your ring?" I interrupted them. My mom looks at me with a bit of confusion, but hands me her ring.
    "Thanks mom. You will get it right back." I say as I head back out the front door. I hurry back to Miranda.
    "Here. Can I use this?" I hold up my mothers ring.
    "Is that a moon stone?"
    "Yes it is."
    "Yes, this should work perfectly for your first talisman. Here place it on the stone." I place the ring in the middle of the rock.
    "Good, now take my hand, close your eyes, and repeat after me." I take her hand and close my eyes.
    "translatione navitas" I repeat after her.
    "translatione navitas" we repeat together. The wind around us picks up. We repeat it again. And again. Suddenly the wind stops. I open my eyes. The ring is glowing yellow and white. The glow fades away and the ring is left unchanged. I notice I feel more drained and tired.
    "Did it work?" I ask.
    "Pick it up." Miranda says. I pick up the ring and I can feel the energy in the ring, it feels like it is alive. I look at Miranda.
    "I'm guessing it worked." She smiles at me.
    "So now you can make your own talismans. But be careful, creating a talisman alone takes energy from yourself. Think of a talisman as a way to store magical energy. Then you pull out that energy when you want to make potions or spells. It is not limitless, so they will need to be recharged. You do not always have to use your own magic to do that. You can use the power of the Earth or the moon. I will teach you all of that." There is a pause, like she is talking to someone else.
    "I believe your parents have something to tell you." Miranda turns towards her home and my parents and Haley were standing there. I walk over to my parents. I hold out the ring to my mom. She hesitates a slight moment, but takes the ring.
    "Son, we have been talking. How would you feel about spending a few weeks here?" My dad says.
    "Stay here? Away from the pack?" I have never spent a lot of time away from the pack before.
    "We have trusted family in another pack. We can tell our pack you are looking for your mate. A lot of young wolves do it if their mate isn't in their own pack lands." My mom adds. She takes a step closer to me.
    "It would just be a few weeks. For you to learn magic and to do it in a safe environment." Her hand touches my cheek. Her steadiness comforts me. I smile at them.
    "Yeah, I would like that." 
    "Great. We should head back home. We will make arrangements and you should be back in a few days." My dad claps me on the shoulder. My fathers face beams with pride.
    We arrive back at the pack lands and I begin to pack. I have never packed for this length of trip before, but I do my best. Over the next few days, my dad sews the seeds of my trip and finding a mate. Before I know it, I'm back at the coven practicing magic with Miranda and Haley. Miranda teaches me how to charge talismans and how to destroy them. Haley teaches me how to use the power that I store. I start to learn the names of the other witches in coven, and they become more familiar with me. They still keep their distance and don't use too many words. I asked Miranda about it once, but she ignored the subject. She also ignored it everytime I brought up the prophecy. Over the next few weeks I learn everything I can about magic. I spend a lot of time with Haley. We have watched the Lion King so many times,because it is her favorite movie, I could quote the whole thing. One day, three days before I am suppose to leave, there came a visitor to the coven. I see him through the kitchen window. The man is tall and pale with icy blue eyes. I see Miranda walk out to talk to him.
    "Hiroen, I need you to stay hidden today. In the back room." Haley says to me.
    "Is it because of that man?"
    "Yes, he is a Seeker. You must stay hidden." Haley grabs my arm and practically drags me to a secret door in the back of the cabin. She shoves me in.
    "Try not to make any noise."  She shuts the door. I hear people enter the house.
    "Miranda, let's stop pretending. I know you are helping the Bloodline. Just tell me where I can find the child." I hear the man say.
    "Luther what are you going on about?" Miranda says. I hear them walk to the kitchen.
    "Miranda I am not here to play games. Where is the child?" His voice raises.
    "Do not come to my coven and raise your voice at me." Miranda is firm.
    "We are on the same side. I don't want any harm to come to them. I want to preserve the bloodline."
    "We are not the same. You want to farm them of their blood. You want power, nothing more."
    "You Tribrid worshipers are all the same. The world runs on power, don't think you are any better. If someone else found out you were working with the bloodline, it could end badly."
    "Is that a threat?"
    "It's a guarantee." He hisses at her.
    "Get out Luther. There is no blood here for you seeker." Miranda hisses back. I hear someone stomp to the door.
    "Let's hope I am wrong." I hear the door slam.
    "What if he's right." I hear Haley say.
    "We can't do nothing. He has to be trained. He has to learn to control his magic. It is our duty."
    "You would risk the life of the coven for him?"
    "I would risk my own life for his." Miranda yells. I hear a door slam. I sink to the floor. This is the first time I'm realizing how dangerous it is for me to just be alive. Someone comes to the secret door and opens it.
    "Hiroen, I'm sorry you had to hear that. Come out here." Miranda says.
    "I don't want to put everyone's life in danger." I say.
    "Unfortunately, just you being alive puts lives in danger. But it is our duty to protect you and your bloodline. Your identity is safe with us."
    "I don't understand. Is it because of the prophecy? Who was that guy?" I ask.
    "Yes it is about the prophecy. I will explain soon. Just keep focusing on controlling your magic. That is the most important thing." Miranda looks tired so I decided not to push it. I hate that my life is putting people in danger. I leave Miranda standing in the kitchen and go and try and find Haley. But I don't find her.