Dawns, Seekers, & Pures OH MY!

———THE DAWN———
    Emily's POV
    Over the next few weeks I continue to work with Marcus on controlling my magic. I feel like this is the most I've practiced magic and it feels right. I feel more connected with myself and with the mountain and the earth around me. Liam is learning to ignore Marcus and his teasing. I have been spending more time with Cyran and my mom.
    I have also been learning more about the Dawn and their ways. The constant bowing is still hard for me, but I've tried to embrace the role I have here now.
    We have heard word of the fighting between the Pures and the Seekers.
    We have been getting a few refugees here and there. They filter into the outer city. It has plenty of places for them to stay. Most of them stay there. Edaline decides who is allowed in the mountain. So far it's only been a few people. I guess they're worried about spies.  Although recently since Edaline has seen the progress I've been making with Marcus shes allowed me to venture out into the outer city. I've been able to meet with some of the refugees and they told me about the battles. One lady told me they saw the Seekers fighting back the Pures and winning. While an older man told me he saw the Pures destroying the Seekers. It's unclear who is winning. But them fighting each other is good for us. Edaline believes they will come here soon and has been preparing our men for battle.
    I wake up one morning in Liam's arms. I shuffle around to face him. I give him a kiss on the chin. He stirs and opens his eyes.
    "Hi babe." I say.
    He yawns and stretches.
    "Good morning beautiful."
    I lean up to kiss him on the chin again. Before I can he lifts my head and kisses my lips.
    "I have training today." Liam tells me.
    "Yeah me too..What if we switched places, and I went with the warriors and worked out all day while you went with Marcus and practiced magic?"
    Liam laughs
    "That's an idea!" We laugh together for a bit before we get up, get dressed, and go about our separate ways after breakfast.
    "See you for lunch babe." Liam says as he heads down to training.
    I watch him walk down the hallway, before I head up to go see Marcus. Damn my man has a nice butt.

                ———THE PURES———
    Arthur's POV
    "I did not agree with the rest of the council to not pursue the Tribrid. But dammit I was out voted!"
    "Y-yes, sir."
    "We have repositioned ourselves to take on the Seekers. Our first battle against the Seekers was difficult. My colleagues' underestimated their foe.."
    "They should've listened to you sir."
    "No one likes a kiss-a** Harold. But yes your right they should've listened to me. The seekers were much stronger than we anticipated. We lost some good men that day.. I do not condone failure Harold. We must improve."
    "But didn't we still win that battle sir?"
    "Of course we did! We're the Pures. We were still able to push them back and ultimately we won. But our victory came at a greater cost than originally anticipated! And THAT is failure Harold."
    "Yes sir of course sir."
    "Our second battle proved to be more successful. They listened to me and we put forth some of our greatest fighters. Haha we demolished them. We still suffered losses of course, that is to be expected in battle. But this overall was a greater victory for The Pures."
    "Did we eradicate them sir? I mean cuz we haven't had as many battles since then.. sir"
    "The Seekers seem to have burrowed them selves somewhere and we are having difficulties finding their location. We've searched the-."
     I hear a knock on my office doors.
    "Come in." I say
    "Sir, the reports have come back from the last battle." A servant comes into my office with a battle update. He hands it to Harold and leaves.
    "Let me see that." I tell Harold as I sit down at my desk. He walks over to me and places the paper in my hand in the slowest possible fashion imaginable.
    "TODAY HAROLD!"
    I snatch the paper from his hand and read over the death tolls.
    "The death numbers are decreasing significantly??! Why is that? The death numbers of the Seekers have dropped by more than 78%! What is the cause?!"
    "Maybe they are running out of members?"
    "GET OUT HAROLD!"
    Harold rushes out of the room. I collect myself and head for the meeting room. I burst through the door.
    "Something has to be done." I say as I make my way into the room.
    "Arthur, what is the matter?" Gesenia asks. Gesenia and Gavin are sitting at the round table.
    "What were you doing in there? Ranting to the help again?" Gavin says. He and Gesenia laugh in unison.
    I roll my eyes. Then pause to collect myself.
    "These battles with the Seekers are pointless. We should have just taken out the Tribrid when we had the chance. I don't understand why we didn't strike again before she made it to Millerborg! Now we have let her burrow herself in the mountain like a f**ing gopher! We have no way to get her out without losing more than half of our men in the process! AND we are bleeding soldiers in these useless battles with the Seekers."
    "The Seekers would have pushed back if we attacked the Tribrid again. And who would we have sent to attack her the second time? And on such short notice." Gavin says as he stands.
    "Me! I would have gone there."
    "Oh Arthur so ambitious! Okay let's say we did send you. And let's say for fun that you were successful and you ended up killing her. Great!  Now we have the fully transitioned Tribrid on our hands. Then what? Or let's say that you're unsuccessful and she kills you! And in the process, she completely loses herself to the fog and destroys our forces. Which is the complete opposite of what we want."
    By now Gavin is standing right in front of me. "We have an enemy we can crush RIGHT NOW while we work up a plan for the Tribrid." He says right in my face.
    "Well? Where is this miraculous plan?" I ask. I'm about to punch this prick in the gut.
    "ENOUGH!" Gesenia says sharply. Gavin and I break away and face Gesenia.
    "As a matter of fact we do have a plan. Come and take a look at this. These will be our best assets against her even if she is completely lost to the magic."
    I walk over and my jaw drops.
    "It, it's beautiful." I say.
    "Yes it is. Even just one of these could stand up to her."
    "How many do we have?" I ask.
    "Three." Gesenia replies.
    "Yes, yes. We should have called on these sooner! Why didn't we?"
    "They had a long journey to get here. They haven't arrived yet." She explains.
    "We should do one more hit to the seekers. We need to make sure that they are no longer a threat before we go to the mountains. We need to root them out of their hiding places and we need to make sure our ranks are free of their hand." Gavin says.
    "You're right Gavin. Can you handle that Arthur?" Gesenia asks me. I smile.
    " I will gather the troops immediately ." I reply.
    This is gonna be good.

               ———THE SEEKERS———
    Luther's POV
    The Pures have shifted their attention from the Tribrid to us and it has caused us severe losses. At first I thought we stood a chance with our first battle. We were able to hold them off and took out a large number of them. But it wasn't enough. They came back even harder the next time. We stay on the move so a large portion of our numbers will stay out of the reach of the Pures, but I know we can not keep this up forever.
    "We are losing too many men. We need to pull back and hide." Aowa tells me.
    "You weakling! You want to hide. Run away like a scared little dog. We just need to regroup and come up with a better plan." Bethany hisses to Aowa.
    "I agree, we do need a better plan." I say. I'm looking over a map of the land.
    "We need to attack from within. We need to call on our undercover Seekers and destroy them from the inside out." Bethany says.
    Bethany has always been more ruthless and more of a fighter than any man I know.
    "I don't want to play that hand to early. The timing has to be just right." I say.
    "We need to do it now!" Bethany replies.
    "NO! Not until we absolutely need to or until we  don't have any other options." I say sternly.
    I know they are held up in the mountain. I know getting in would be hard, but getting them to come out would be even harder.
    "We know the Tribrid is in the mountain. And we know if we get her blood we'll be powerful enough to kill all of the Pures."
    "Yeah, so?"
    "We need to go to Millerborg. If we lead the Pures to the mountains. We will shift their focus away from us. They will have no choice but to attack the Dawn too. We aren't their main goal, she is."
    "So we let them raid the mountain? What if they capture her?"
    "Their numbers will be greatly reduced by trying to breach the walls of the mountain."
    "So you want to lead the Pures to the mountain. Instigate them into storming the mountain, while we sit back and let the dust settle?" Bethany asks.
    "Yup."
    "I love this plan. When can we start?"
    "Soon, we need to pull back more. Our numbers are dwindling. We need to survive long enough to get to the mountain." I tell them.
    "Hiding it is." Aowa says, almost happy.
    "It's not hiding, it's saving ourself to fight another day."  I say.
    "Just as long as we fight." Bethany says.
    "Gather the men. We need to move."