THREE

BEYONCÉ POV

I was annoyed. I was supposed to be getting work done but instead I had to take Blue to her friends house.

Her friend lived just down the street but Ms.Bougie needs to be chauffeured everywhere. For someone without gas money she sure does ask for rides a lot.

She was in the car waiting for me and everything, she's impatient just like me.

I brought my Macbook with me and left the house. I was planning on maybe going to a Starbucks or something for inspiration, I was getting restless in my home office.

I got in the car and handed Blue my laptop, she already knew to just hold it in her lap.

"What do you think, yes or no?" She repeatedly zipped her zip up hoodie up and down.

"Where are y'all going?"

"Just her house. I don't wanna show too much, what if her mom tells me to put my belly button away or something."

I let Blue wear whatever she wants to, she's old enough to. If she wants to wear a crop top, she can.

I was wearing bandanas as shirts when I was her age, clothes are just clothes.

"Take it off if that's what you want to do. She wouldn't say anything like that to you and if she does, just call me."

Onika doesn't even seem like that type of person.

She may be weird and awkward and immature and too short and a little immature but she wouldn't say anything like that from what I know of her.

I know a lot, I did a background check on her. I found out more than what I said but I didn't want to mention it. She probably would've taken her daughter and never let her talk to Blue again if she found out what I found out.

Not that I care but Blue likes her daughter.

"You'll fight her for me, mama?"

"Mhm. That tiny woman doesn't stand a chance."

"Didn't Aunt Solo beat you up? Please."

"Girl get out my car." I was only kicking her out because we were already at Onika's house.

"Bye mama, love you." She kissed my cheek and opened the door.

"Be good, seriously. Call me if I need to beat anyone up and I love you too." I kissed her forehead a couple times until she ran out of the car wiping her forehead.

I waited until she was in the house and waved back at me to pull off. I decided to call my best friend Kelly while I drove.

She answered super fast, "Ahhhh!"

"Why are we screaming?!" I only was because she was.

"Guess how much money I just made?!"

"How much?!" Now I have a reason to be yelling.

It would be two dollars and I would still be excited.

"Half a million fucking dollars!"

"Oh my God! I'm so proud of you! We need to go out and celebrate!"

"I'm way ahead of you, I'm adding Aubrey to the call now."

Aubrey's our other friend. He's a man despite his white girl name.

After more yelling, they finally calmed down.

"So where are we going? I'll make time whenever." I'll get Blue to go over to her friends house or something.