EIGHTEEN

BEY POV

I was bored out of my mind.

As an adult, I should never be this bored. I had absolutely nothing to do.

Normani hasn't been feeling well all day so I've been giving her space. We think she has a stomach virus so she told me to save myself.

She can afford to get sick, I can't.

Aaliyah was over so I decided to bother her and Blue. I was that bored.

I knocked on the door and Blue opened it.

"What are y'all doing?" I looked past Blue into her room. There was clothes all over the floor. They're always doing something weird.

"Blues trying to pick out an outfit but she's being difficult."

I walked inside the room. "What's wrong with all of these?" I gestured towards all the clothes everywhere.

"Can I curse?" Aaliyah sounds just like Blue now.

"Shut up Aaliyah."

"Go ahead." I'm gonna say yes every single time.

"Some girls at school called her a slut so-"

Blue slapped her forehead, "Aaliyah!"

"Some girls at school called you a slut? Why would they do that?"

"Because they're jealous of her. They can't pull off the stuff she wears because they're bad built and ugly." Oh wow.

"What did you do go them?"

"Nothing?"

"You can't be serious. You fought Aaliyah for much less but you're going to let these girls get away with calling you a slut? If you don't go to school and cuss those girls out."

"Mama it's not that serious."

"Miss Bey, guess what she wore on Friday?"

"What?"

"A sweatsuit." Aaliyahs face was so serious it made me want to laugh. She looks like like Onika.

"Really Blue?"

"It's December, I can't wear a hoodie and sweatpants? It's not a big deal."

"You're letting some ugly girls get in your head, wear what you want. Do I need to go down to your school and talk to them myself?"

"I would actually pass away if you did that, please don't. It's really not a big deal, I don't care about being called a slut when I know I'm not one. Ive never even dated anyone."

"So why are you changing the way you dress for them?"

"Right Blue Ivy."

"I'm not. I wore sweatpants one day, the worlds ending."

"Aaliyah."

"Yes?"

"Cuss those girls out for me." I don't play about my daughter but I'll go to jail if I go down to that school.

"I don't cuss ma'am."

"Be real." I know they both do, there's nothing I can do about it. As long as they don't do it in front of me I don't care.

"Okay but if I get in trouble you have to protect me. My mom would kill my if she gets another call from the principal."

"You got me and I got you, don't worry."

"Mama stop being a bad influence."

"I'm being a good influence. But I really came in here to ask y'all for a favor."