FIFTY-FOUR

ONIKA POV

Blue had a dance recital today and we were all going. It was supposed to be for winter but they waited until after all the holidays. 

I was running late because I was driving by myself. Bey said she had to get there early to drop Blue off and Aaliyah went with them.

She hasn't wanted to be away from Blue since one of her friends got shot. She's been taking it really hard.

He got shot at a party and now he's in a coma. It's sad, I'm glad Blue and Aaliyah just like to stay at home and argue.

I don't think the way she's acting is just because of that. I know Aaliyah and something else definitely has to be wrong.

It's been maybe a week and she's still acting the way she's acting and I hear her crying sometimes.

No matter what, she always either says nothing is wrong or uses that situation as an excuse.

Something had to have happened. I just don't know what.

Even though I didn't know what happened, I was still sympathetic. That's why I leg she go to Beys or let Blue come over whenever she asks, no matter the time.

By the time I got to the school, Bey texted me that the dance instructor was still talking and it didn't actually start.

She also texted me exactly where she was so I went straight to her and Aaliyah. Bey had my seat saved with her purse and Aaliyah was playing with Beys rings.

She does that to me a lot now. She's always playing with my hair or jewelry.

I sat at the very end of the aisle and pinched Beys knee to get her attention. She turned to me and smiled, so did Aaliyah.

"Hi baby. Hi baby."

"Hi. You're late." She pinched my knee back and took her purse back.

Aaliyah dropped Beys hand and took mine. I stuck my tongue out at Bey since she was still looking at me, I love when she chooses me over her.

"Wow, you're just going to drop me when your mom gets here like I wasn't one handed for an hour?"

Aaliyah laughed, "Sorry." She took Beys hand back so she had my hand and hers.

"Bey give me my daughter back, you're so weird."

"No. Move so Kelly can get in."

I didn't even notice Kelly until I looked up. I moved my legs so she could get past and she whispered hi to all of us.

She didn't tell Kelly she was late like she told me.

I watched them talk even though I couldn't hear them because of Aaliyah. Kelly said something that made Bey start looking around like a madwoman.

It's crazy how it only takes a second for her to go from being completely mad to pissed.

"Bey," I whispered and tapped her leg. "What happened?"

She leaned over Aaliyah to whisper back. "Jays here with my wife-"

"Stop calling her your wife, fucks wrong with you?" Now I'm getting mad. 

"Language." I can't believe Aaliyah of all people was telling me anything about language.

"Sorry Onika, you're my wife."

"No the hell I'm not. I already told you about that, keep playing with me."

"I think I've been too nice to you or something because who are you talking to?"