TWENTY

ONIKA POV

I was stressed. My restaurant was over staffed so I had to lay some people off.

I'm not a confrontational person, I don't know how to fire people.

I've only fired one person and it was with the help of Beyoncé. 

I really didn't want to call her and ask her for help with this but I didn't really have much of a choice anymore.

Our kiss had me thinking. I wouldn't mind kissing her again.

That doesn't mean I have feelings for her, we've done a lot more than kiss.

Blue and Aaliyah were at school but I saw her car in her driveway earlier so I knew she was home.

I walked into the kitchen for something to eat and decided to call her now, it's not like I was doing anything anyway.

She answered really fast. "Beyoncé Knowles speaking."

"Um this is Onika." Maybe she thinks this is someone else.

"I have caller id."

"Why are you talking like that then?"

"I'm not talking like anything. Was there something you needed or did you call me just to talk about my tone?"

Maybe she's upset about something. "I needed a favor but you don't seem like you-"

"Are you home?"

"I am but-"

"I'll be there in five minutes." Before I could say anything else, she hung up.

That was weird.

Like she said, five minutes later she was at my door. I got up and went to open the door.

"I'm sorry if you were doing something." I moved out the way to let her in.

"It's no problem. What did you need help with?"

"I need to fire people." I sat down on the couch and she sat down on the other side of the couch. Weird.

"Okay?"

"I need your help like you helped me last time. I'm not good at stuff like this."

"How do you own a restaurant and you don't know how to fire people? That's business 101."

"You seem like you're in a bad mood." She's talking to me how she used to talk to me when we first met.

"Aren't I always?"

"No. You've actually been really nice recently."

"I'm having a really terrible day. Do you remember what made me feel better before?"

"I'm not kissing you."

"It's the only thing that's going to unbitch me."

"That kiss was a one time thing, we're not about to become regular kissers."

"Okay, just this time." I could tell by the smirk on her face this wasn't going to be the last time.

She put her pointer and middle finger under my chin and softly kissed me. I didn't let her kiss me for long before I pulled back.

That was... good.

"I think I still have a little bitch left in me."

She leaned forward and kissed me again. This got a lot more intense than I planned.

She started to lean me back and I adjusted myself to let her. My head rested on the arm of the couch and she got on top of me.

This was moving too fast. With her, things are always moving too fast.