SIXTY-ONE

BLUE POV

I was so happy. I asked Kai to be my girlfriend today and she said yes. All I wanted to do was go home and tell my mama.

I didn't even walk Aaliyah home like I usually do, I went straight home.

Only her car was out front, thank God. I skipped inside and up the stairs. I dropped my bag in front of my room and knocked on her door.

There was some shuffling from the other side of the door. "What?!"

I tried to open the door but it was locked. "Mama? I wanted to tell you something."

"Not right now! I'm busy!"

Too busy having sex. I could her her girlfriends voice in the background.

"But it was important."

I heard her mumble something. "God fucking damn."

She swung the door open, "What Blue?"

I was confused why she was acting like this. All I wanted to do was tell her something that was important to me.

It doesn't even feel important anymore.

Behind her, I could see her girlfriend in her bed. I could tell she was naked under her blanket. okay r

"I thought- I thought-" I kinda thought things were going to go back to normal after our conversation.

"You thought what?"

"Um nevermind."

"What did you need to tell me so badly?"

"I uh.. I forgot."

"You forgot? So you just made me get up for nothing?"

"Why are you being so mean to me?" All I did was try to talk to her.

"I'm not being mean-"

"Did you ever schedule the therapy thing?" I doubt it.

"I'll do it tonight, I forgot." That means she's never going to do it.

"Oh."

"Is there anything else you need or?"

"No, I guess. Sorry for wasting your time."
I turned around and walked back to my room. I grabbed my bag and slammed my door behind me.

Fuck her. I hate her.

She's been so nice to me but her girlfriend comes over and she acts like that. I don't understand why.

I called my dad. He's a shit parent too but I need something from him.

He didn't answer. I had to call him three times for him to pick up the phone.

"What's good Blue?"

I'm his daughter and he answers the phone like that?

"Can you come get me?"

"What do you mean can I pick you up?"

"Like.. can you pick me up? I thought you said you wanted to take me to California."

"If I said that, I didn't mean right at this very moment."

"What? If you said that?" He knows he said it.

"You know I say a lot of things. We can talk about this later, I'm a little busy right now."

I could hear a woman's voice in the background, probably Mani. I'm not even surprised.

"What- can you send me some money?" That's all he's good for.

"How much do you need?"

"I don't know, a lot. I need to go shopping and I need extra money to pay for a school thing that's expensive."