THIRTY-SEVEN

BLUE POV

"You look gooddd!"

I was trying on outfits for this party and Aaliyah was being Aaliyah.

"I think I'm gonna wear this. Should I wear my ones?"

"I would say yes but what if we have to run from the cops in the woods and you get them all dirty? Wear Air Forces."

"Girl." This is our first 'high school party' and Aaliyah thinks this is going to be something out of a movie.

"I'm serious, we really don't know what's going to happen. What are you going to do if someone offers you alcohol."

"Not take it, obviously. Have you met Beyoncé Knowles? I would be dead before I swallow."

She finds everything out. I wouldn't dare.

"I bet you'll take it if Nia offers it to you. You've taken everything else."

I rolled my eyes, she's always bringing her up. "Let it go. Thank you for reminding me to send her a picture of my outfit."

"You're lame as shit."

I ignored her and took a picture in my mirror. "Please don't fight with her today."

"I'm only going to be nice today because we're going over to her house. She's the type to kill me and frame you for it."

About that, we're being a little grown. Aaliyah told her mom she's spending the night at my house and I told mine I was spending the night at hers.

We weren't planning on doing anything bad but my mama said she wanted us to come home at 11:00. She lost her mind, it would've barely even started by then.

We just wanted to enjoy an actual high school party, that's all.

"She wouldn't. She might not let you come in but she wouldn't kill you."

"She better. Long neck ugly bitch."

"Not too much." My phone dinged and I knew it was Nia responding to my picture.

nia 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩: you look so cuteee

nia 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩: are you wearing your hair up?

"She just asked me if I'm wearing my air up, what do I say?"

"Tell her to mind her stank ass business."

"Aaliyah." All that's not even needed.

"If you are tell her yes, if you're not tell her no. Duh?"

"But she obviously has a preference. Do I look better with my hair up or down?"

"Wear it down, I like it better like that."

"Okay, thanks."

: no i'm wearing it down

nia 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩: oh

: why? should i wear it up?

nia 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩: i was just asking

nia 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩: i like it better up though 🫣

: kk. lmk when you're on your way

nia 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩: i'm hanging out with some people so i probably won't be leaving for a little

: ?

: some people??

nia 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩: you don't know them. calm down

: i am calm "i was just asking" right?