THIRTEEN

BEY POV

I woke up and tried to roll over but instead, I was met with my wife's body.

I got used to sleeping alone, I've been doing this everyday since she got here.

I didn't want her to leave, I love her, but she's messing up my routine of how I go about my day.

I work from home a lot, since I'm technically a single mother. Blues old enough to be home alone and make small stuff for herself so I really don't need to anymore but I still want to be present in her life.

I didn't want her to grow up to be one of those mean girls in movies who bullies everyone because her parents aren't ever home and when they are they're on the phone.

I know it's a dumb reason but I think that's why our relationship is as good as it is. We can talk about anything, even if Blue lies sometimes.

But back to what I was saying because I don't know how we started talking about Blue, she messes up my routine.

She's just always around. Asking me to try something she made, distracting me, or trying to have sex.

When I'm working, I'm working and focused. I don't know how long she's going to be here but she needs something to do.

She's never here so she doesn't really have a place. It's sad to say but she's gone so much because of work.

She goes from tour to tour, she's constantly all over the world. I adjusted my life a long time ago to be able to be at home whenever I need to.

I looked outside and it was about time for me to get up. I don't technically have to be up this early but my days begin when the sun starts to come up. It always has, it just makes me feel more productive.

I slipped out of bed and got in the shower. One thing I don't do is dress professionally at home so I got dressed in Ivy Park.

I went downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee. I don't even like coffee.

I was sitting down drinking my cup of coffee when Blue came downstairs with her backpack on.

"Morning mama." She sounded and looked dead.

"Good morning, you alright?"

"Just super tired. My dance instructor is trying to kill us, I almost hit her yesterday."

"You better not."

"I was just kidding, mother dearest. Are we watching that Senior Year movie when I get home from dance?"

"You're definitely going to fall asleep but we can try. Don't worry, if you can't we can always watch it over the weekend."

"Okay, I'm about to go before I'm late. I love you."

"I love you too."

She kissed my forehead and left. I don't know why she kissed my forehead but I ignored it and went back to my coffee.

A couple minutes later, someone rang the doorbell. I got up and opened the door. Aaliyah and Blue were in front of the door arguing.

"Shouldn't you be on the bus right now?"

"We were but Aaliyahs dumba- Aaliyah's a dummy and made us miss the bus."

"Me?! You're the one that didn't want to run."

"Why should I have to run for your mistakes?"

I closed the door on them. The door was unlocked so they could walk inside whenever they were ready.