TWENTY-SEVEN

ONIKA POV

It was closing time at Pullum Oscula so I was walking around with a clipboard and my checklist making everything was in order.

I do this every night I'm here when we close. If I'm not, another manager will.

I was in the kitchen and at the end of my list when Lauren walked in. "Hey boss?"

"Boss? What do you want, I know you never stay this late." I knew she was up to something.

"There's a problem in the bathroom."

"What could possibly be wrong, Lauren? I was just in there."

"Uhh I accidentally flushed like four pads, it's bad in there. Go that way." She pointed straight ahead.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "I know you did not flush pads at your big age. If there's any damages, you're paying for it with your paycheck."

"Okay, I'm sorry."

I rolled my eyes and walked to the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom and Beyoncé popped up out of nowhere. "Boo!"

I almost had a heart attack, I don't think I've ever screamed that loud before.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" That wasn't funny.

She was laughing and put her hand over her chest. "I'm sorry. I was waiting and I decided to scare you, it was only right."

"Wait, so there's no flushed pads?"

"No. That was just an excuse to get you in here."

"Get me in here for what?" I knew Lauren was up to no good, even if I didn't know she was up to this.

"So you could get dressed for our date." She held up a shopping bag.

I didn't notice how nicely she was dressed. She was wearing a silver blazer with Gucci and Balenciaga all over it and matching pants.

"What date?"

"What date?"

"The one we're on right now. Put the dress on and spray the perfume I got too, I don't want you smelling like the food you cook."

I don't even smell like food. "What?"

"Put the dress on, ask questions later." She moved her hand closer to me and I took it this time.

"Should I change in the stall or out here?"

"Why would you change in the stall? It's nothing I haven't seen before."

She was right I guess. Before I undressed, I looked into the bag.

The dress was at the very bottom of the bag, there was a jewelry box and a box of YSL perfume.

"You bought all this for me?"

I opened the jewelry box, it was a beautiful diamond necklace. She must've spent a fortune on this.