FIFTY

a long one

BEY POV

Onika and I were going on a date but before that, revenge.

Of course I had to get revenge on Aaliyah for snitching on me.

Snitches get stitches, but since I can't put my hand on someone's else's child I was going to have to go with the next best option. Snitches get snitched on back.

We were in the bathroom getting ready at the same time, this was the perfect moment.

"Do you know that Chris boy Aaliyah and Blue are always talking about?" I tired to act like it was just casual conversation by continuing to put my makeup on.

"What about him?"

"Well a little birdie told me something about him and Aaliyah." I'm sick.

"Something line what?"

"Like they were in the staff bathroom together at school."

"Doing what?" She was turning back into mad Onika, yay.

I shrugged and made a clueless face. "I don't know. There's only so many things two kids could be doing in a staff bathroom."

She put her brush down and left the bathroom. I excitedly followed after her into their room. She didn't knock but they were just laying around.

"Aaliyah I'm going to ask you this one time and one time only so you better not lie." That's what moms say when you're already caught.

"What did I do?" She slickly slid her phone under her pillow. Oldest trick in the book, I look for stuff like that now.

"Who is Chris and what the hell were you doing whir him in the staff bathroom at school?"

You could see her whole life flash before her eyes. She knew she was done for.

"Huh?"

She's just like me, I did the same thing. Aaliyah might just be my biological daughter.

"Don't make me ask again."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Students don't even have access to that bathroom and why would me and my friend be in there together?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. Why i'm the hell would you and another boy be in the bathroom?"

"Nothing! I just said that."

"Who are you raising your voice at?"

"Nobody. I'm just saying, I wasn't doing anything with anybody. Ever."

"So you're lying to my face right now?"

"Lying about what? I just told you I'm not lying, word to-"

"Word to what Aaliyah?"

I have to just tune out when they start talking like this. I don't know what any of this shit means.

I tuned back in when Onika yelled. "Are you serious?!"

I spaced out for too long apparently.

"Okay, I was in the bathroom with him but we weren't doing anything like what you were thinking. We were just hanging out."

She's knows good and God damn well she was not in there just hanging out.

"Why do you lie so much? You're just like Bey?"

"Why am I in it now?" I've been sitting here silent this whole time.

"Shut up, stay in the back. Aaliyah give me your phone."