SIXTY-TWO

BEY POV

I walked into the auditorium with Jay and we found a seat closest to the stage.

Blue and Aaliyah were graduating today.

I couldn't be more proud, I already cried once today. They've both been through so much to get to where we are.

Especially Aaliyah. I honestly was not expecting her to pull through but she did. She's a fighter.

The graduation started and nobody told me it was going to be that boring. I was trying to pay attention because my daughters were graduating but Lord knows I didn't have the attention span.

Half of it was just them calling peoples names. They went to a really big school so it took a long time for them to even get through the first letter.

Blue uses my last name so we were going to be here forever.

I perked up when I heard 'Audrey Klein.' That meant Blue was coming up next.

I got my phone out to record. They always make fun of me for recoding horizontally but I don't know what other way I would record.

"Blue Ivy Knowles."

I cheered the loudest. Everyone in that auditorium could hear me. I was so proud.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to record and cheer, that's why I made Jay record too.

Jay hates me so much.

He probably would've killed me if it wasn't for our daughter. My plan worked, I stole his business out from under him.

I was now the Ceo of Roc Nation and Ivy Park. Boss shit.

I love it. Music is my real passion and I still have my clothing line on the side. I've never been richer.

I sat back down and wiped my tears. I'm really just some old ass mama, it's crazy.

There was only one other letter to get through before they got to Aaliyah. I already knew she was going to do the most, she always does.

"Aaliyah Maraj." She was really Aaliyah Carter.

Blue helped her walk across the stage. Aaliyah couldn't walk but she couldn't not walk.

She used Blue to hold herself up and started twerking until the principal made Blue walk her off stage.

Only her would barely be able to walk and still twerk. A mess.

She's been in physical therapy for the past three years slowly learning how to walk again. She can walk but only for short periods of time before she has to get back in her wheelchair.

I felt really bad so I got her the coolest wheelchair I could find. She tricked me into buying her more than one.

She wanted a regular one and an electric one. They were both pink and well accessorized.

I would give that girl the world or a thousand wheelchairs if she asked me.

We also figured out who shot her, it wasn't Nia. It was Chris.

Chris shot Tj at that party and Aaliyah knew it. Chris started to panic. He wasn't as hard as he thought he was and knew he messed up. His solution to that was trying to kill Aaliyah.

Unfortunately for him, the baddest bitch can't die. That's all Aaliyah said after she woke up.

The rest of the graduation was even more boring because the only two people who I cared about here had already gotten there diplomas.