TWENTY-SIX

ONIKA POV

I woke up from my nap to my phone ringing. I was trying to catch up on sleep before I had to make lunch but it didn't seem like that would be possible anymore.

I squinted my eyes open just enough to see the answer button and pressed it. "Hello?"

"This is my third time calling you." It was Beyoncé.

"I was sleeping, what do you need?"

"Come over."

"I'm not in the mood." I was too tired to even get up and walk down the stairs.

"I wasn't asking for you to come over to do anything sexual. I just wanted to see you."

"I was sleeping, I'm tired."

"Okay, I'm on my way." Before I could say anything, she hung up.

A couple minutes later I heard the doorbell ring.  I'm still confused when I told her to come over.

I got out of bed and walked down the stairs. The faster I do this, the faster I can get back in bed.

I opened the door and she was standing there smiling with a small box in her hand.

"Hey baby." She leaned down and kissed me.

I was so confused but I kissed her back. She moved the both of us back so she could close the door.

I pulled away for air. "Did you just call me baby?"

"I call everyone baby." I've never heard her call anyone baby before.

"Since when?"

"I'm southern, that's how we talk. I know everytime you leave your house some black woman calls you baby or honey or something like that."

"Not you." She's right though, they love calling you pet names in Houston.

"Well I said what I said. Too bad."

"What's in the box?" It was a small pink paper box with a white sticker on it.

"I got you a cupcake. I was getting coffee with Kelly and the cupcake reminded me of you."

"It reminded you of me?" How do I remind her of a cupcake?

"Yeah, eat it." She hold the box out and I took it.

"I'll eat it later, I was about to go to sleep."

"Just take a bite now."

"I will later."

"Onika just take a bite at least." She can be so pushy sometimes. 

"Okay fine." I sat the box down on a table so I could open it.

It was a pink cupcake with white frosting and pink and white sprinkles on top.

"What flavor is it?"

"Pink velvet. Try it."

I unwrapped the wrapper just enough to take a small bite. It was really good.

"It's good, thank you."

She nodded, "Let's go upstairs now."

"I already told you I'm not in the mood."

"But you said you're tired, right? So let's go upstairs."

She held her hand out and I took it. We walked upstairs into my room and I got right back into bed.

"You're staying?"

"For a while, yeah." She took her shoes off then the blazer she was wearing and got into bed with me.