THIRTY

BEY POV

"You can't be serious!"

Blue walked into the house yelling and laughing.

I thought she was with Aaliyah until she walked into the living room holding her phone.

"Oop. I'll call you back, bye." She quickly hung up the phone.

She thought I wasn't going to be home. I was supposed to be in the office today but after finding out my ex wife and my ex husband were together, I had more important things to handle.

"Who was that?" I just wanted to know if it was Aaliyah or not, they need to forgive each other.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." She put her backpack down and sat down next to me on the couch.

"Uh oh. What?"

"I uhh.. I have a dance thing coming up."

"Okay, I'll be there. Do I have to pay for anything?" I'm assuming that's why she's telling me.

"No, I just wanted to let you know. I'm going to my room now." She stood up and practically ran upstairs with her bag.

That was weird.

I missed Onika. I just got off the phone with her but we didn't get to talk for long. She said she had to go but I think she was lying.

Maybe I should text her. We don't really text but maybe we should start. That's what couples do.

Blue came running downstairs and sat back down next to me.

"I lied."

"About?"

"About my dance thing."

"Why would you lie about having a dance thing? Why do we keep calling it a dance thing?"

"No- I didn't lie about having a dance thing, that's not what I wanted to talk to you about."

"So what do you want to talk to me about Blue?" She was confusing me now.

"I like girls."

I started laughing. I promise it wasn't intentional but I started and I couldn't stop.

I felt so bad but the harder I tried not to laugh, the harder I did.

"Why are you laughing at me?"

I'm a terrible mother.

"I'm- I'm not. Give me a minute." I couldn't stop laughing long enough to get the words out.

I stood up and went into the kitchen. I got myself to stop laughing and caught my breath.

Now, to be a mother. I walked back into the living room and sat back down.

"Blue, I'm your mother. I'm not surprised, look at you."

"Look at me? What's that supposed to mean."

"I mean.. look at you. I don't know why you were so scared to tell me because look at me too."

"I'm not sure if I should be insulted or not." She probably should.

"Now that I think about it, you kinda copied me."

She laughed, "Why did I know you were going to say that? You're so childish."

"Excuse my language but I feel bad for your bitch ass daddy. A gay wife, mother, and daughter. If that is what you are."

"Why does he have to be the B-word?"

If only she knew. I'm not going to talk bad about him to our daughter and give her a negative image of him. That's still her dad even if I hate him right now.