TWENTY-EIGHT

okay.. don't get mad

BEY POV

I walked into Steak 48 with Jay. We were here strictly on business, this was about Megan. I still needed to convince him to sign an him.

We were walking to the hostess stand when we both passed at the same time.

"Is that..."

"I think so?"

Onika was here with her 'old friend.' I could feel my blood start to boil.

"Chill, why are you so mad?"

"I'm fucking her. I really liked her." Liked.

He tried to dap me up and I just looked at him. He's so dumb. He cleared his throat, "I knew it. I know the guy she's with."

"Who is he?"

"Nas. We used to have beef a really long time ago."

"Is that his real name or a nickname?" I needed to get as much information on him as possible.

"His real name is Nasir I think, I don't know his last name."

"Nasir... I wonder how it would look in a gravestone." I guess we'll find out soon enough.

"Please don't start, we're in public Bey."

"Start what? Let's just go over there and talk to them." I want her to know I saw.

"You never just want to talk."

"What does he do for work? Does he sell drugs?" I really feel like he's a drug dealer.

"He does a lot more than sell drugs."

"Interesting. What else can you tell me about him?"

"I don't know much that would be useful to you."

"We're going to need to find out then."

"Take a breather."

"Fuck you." I was still mad, he shouldn't be trying to stop me.

"Okay, we'll do whatever you want to do."

"Play your part." This is what I love about Jay, he lets me be crazy.

We walked over to them and I gasped. "Onika?"

She looked like a deer caught in headlights. "Wh- Bey?"

Jay dapped the guy up. "This is my wife Bey, this is Nas."

He smiled and held his hand out for me to shake it. "Nice to meet you."

I just stared at it. I took this as a chance to look under his nails, they were clean. Well that's good.

There was a very long awkward silence while they waited for me to shake his hand. It was never going to happen.

"She has a thing with germs, she doesn't shake hands."

He awkwardly chuckled, "Oh."

"What's your name?" I know Jay already told me but I wanted to know from him.

"Nas. Nice to meet you again."

"What's your last name?"

She nervously chuckled and looked at Jay.

"She has a problem with names so she likes to know peoples first and last name, it's easier for her." Jay thinks fast on his feet, he was going to keep making excuses for my crazy behavior.

"It's Williams."

"Hm okay. I hear New York in your accent, are you from the same place as my husband?"