TWENTY-THREE

ONIKA POV

I rang Beys doorbell a couple times and waited for someone to come open the door. It was already getting dark and I didn't plan on being out this late but I got caught up.

Blue and Aaliyah opened the door together. "What took you so long? I thought you were just going to get lunch, it's dinner time now."

"Nosy. I had to stop and get you guys food, you texted me that you two were being starved." I've seen Bey try to cook, I had to save them.

They moved out the way so I could walk in. "She made us chicken nuggets, they were actually really good."

She came walking down the stairs in a gown. The skirt was green and silk, the top was black and I could see a lot of her cleavage.

"Who was at the- oh." It's like her whole face fell when she saw me. She didn't say anything else, she just turned around and went back up the stairs.

"Is she mad about something?" We were fine this afternoon.

Blue shrugged, "She was just fine. She has mood swings all the time."

"I'm going to talk to her about something. You guys eat." I set the food on the table and went upstairs.

I knocked on her door and she yelled that I could come in from the other side. I honestly expect her to ignore me.

I walked in and she was sitting on her bed. I closed the door behind me but I didn't walk that far into the room. "Are you okay?"

"Mhm."

"You seem upset about something." She definitely is.

She stood up and when she started walking towards me I backed up. I was scared honestly.

I backed up until I was touching the wall. I should've just went home, she's scary.

She put her hand on the side of my neck and made me look up at her. My heart was beating so fast, I don't even know what the issue was but I was scared.

Her eyes darted from one of my eyes to the other, I don't know what she was looking for.

Eventually she dropped her hand and chuckled. "I don't know what I was thinking."

"What do you mean?"

"This whole thing, we don't need to do it anymore. I'm good."

"Excuse me? You're good?" What does that even mean?

"I'm good on this whole thing. I'm not getting lockjaw for you anymore, we can be friends."

"What? Why?" I like our arrangement, she's very good at what she does.

"I do not want to end up in another situation where I have to find out my significant other or in this case my whatever you are to me is having relations with someone else."

"What are you talking about?"

"Aaliyah said you went to lunch with an old friend. It had to be that guy you were smiling at, the one you let touch you."

"Him? He's just my friend." I shouldn't even be having to explain myself to her.

"That's what they all say."

"Aren't you married?" Like ???

"Okay. You can go now." She turned around and sat back down on her bed.

"What?"

"I don't know what's to hard for you to understand. Just because I'm legally married doesn't mean I'm in a relationship. Do you think people get divorced overnight? If I'm telling you and showing you that I like you then why are you worried about anyone else?"