FORTY-ONE

ONIKA POV

Beyoncé Knowles: I want to suck on all your fingers and toes

Beyoncé Knowles: Will you let me?

: B leave me alone.

I was in New York for Christmas and Bey was being Bey, even over text.

We've been texting nonstop since I was on the way to the airport. She says weird stuff like this then gets mad when I find respond.

She calls me if I don't respond in a timely manner. She's very impatient.

Beyoncé Knowles: B? What if I start calling you O?

: Some people do

: I don't mind

Beyoncé Knowles: Some people like who?

: ... friends?

Beyoncé Knowles: Are you going to see any of your friends while you're down there?

: Yes

: I already texted some of my friends so we're making plans for after Christmas

Beyoncé Knowles: Just a suggestion

Beyoncé Knowles: Don't have sex with anyone else

: I wasn't planning on it but I guess I appreciate the reminder

Beyoncé Knowles: Thanks

Is she thanking me for not cheating her?

Beyoncé Knowles: What are you doing right now?

Beyoncé Knowles: Oh wait I mean wyd?

: ?

Beyoncé Knowles: Blue taught me to use wyd in text. It's an abbreviation.

: I know what it is, I was just surprised you used it

Beyoncé Knowles: Well can you answer the question? Wyd?

: I'm waiting for my mom to bring me food. What are you doing?

Beyoncé Knowles: Sitting at home... all alone... right before christmas...

I feel bad for her, even her daughters gone. I would hate to be alone on Christmas.

: At least we'll be together for the new year. We can kiss as the time changes, isn't that romantic?

Beyoncé Knowles: I could fly us back to New York so we could watch the ball drop in person. Would you like that?

My mom came into the living room where I was  sitting holding a big plate of food. "Here baby."

"Thank youu! It looks really good." She doesn't really like cooking for my anymore because I'm a chef now. The student became the master.

"I saw the way you were smiling at your phone, who was that?"

"What? Oh, I just just looking at something funny." I doubt she believed me, I was still smiling now.

"So there's no one new?" She was smirking like she knew something, she didn't.

"Of course not. Why would you even ask me that?"

Bey is great. But she's a great woman. I don't know how she would feel about that.

"I'm just asking. You're smiling at your phone and I know how you get."

"I don't get like anything, there's no one new."