SIXTY

BEY POV

Solange was okay. Her friend just called me and told me.

I don't know what happened, I didn't ask. I just got in my car and started driving to the address she sent me.

All I know is she's alive, that's all I needed to know.

I don't know what type of condition she's in or what she went through these past couple months.

She could be completely normal. She really could've just been doing some spiritual shit and forgot to call anyone. It's in her character.

I just don't think she did this time. My gut has been telling me there has been something wrong.

Maybe if someone took me seriously when she actually went missing...

I got to her friends house and rushed to the door. I didn't take my hand of the doorbell until her friend, Simone, answered the door.

"H-"

I walked past her inside the house. No offense, I just need to see my sister.

Solange was sitting on her couch watching tv. She didn't even really like like she was watching it, she was just staring ahead.

"Solo?"

She turned when she heard my voice and stood up. I hugged her, I just wanted to feel that she was really here.

She started crying on my shoulder immediately. Her body was a lot thinner and bony now.

Simone came and whispered. "I don't know how she got here, I woke up to her ringing my doorbell. She won't talk to me, she just kept telling me to call you."

"Thank you, I appreciate you calling me. I'm going to take her home with me but I'll make sure she calls or texts you before the end of the day."

She smiled and nodded at me. "Of course."

"Are you ready to go home Solo?"

She nodded her head on my shoulder. "Okay, well you're going to need to let me go so we can walk."

She shook her head no. "I guess not. Walk with me, okay?"

We took steps together to the door and I thanked Simone one more time as I closed the door.

She finally had to let me go so she could get in the car. I closed the door for her and went around to the other side.

I sped off after I got in the car, I just wanted to take her home.

"I thought you were dead Solange. I didn't think I would ever see you again."

I was already grieving her. Come to find out she wasn't even dead.

She didn't respond, she was just looking ahead now like she was looking at the tv.

"What happened to you? Where were you?"

She still didn't say anything but there was tears in her eyes again.

"Was somebody hurting you? Did somebody do something to you?"

She shook her head no and wiped her eyes.

"Were you at some type of retreat?"

She shook her head no again.

"You're back on that shit?"

She softly chuckled and shook her head again. At least I made her laugh.

"Can I call mama and let her know you're okay? She's worried sick about you." I didn't even tell her everything and she was still being all dramatic.

She nodded. On the way to my house, I called our mama and texted Kelly. They both told me they were on the way.