Chapter 3

A'leah

I was in my bed cuddling with Miracle and Aiden. We were watching Finding Nemo on Netflix again. I've never seen a movie so many times in my life but I'm not complaining.

"Mwommy." Aiden whined.

"Yes baby?" I asked.

"I seepy." He rubbed his eyes and sniffed.

His medicine must be kicking in. After he does his asthma treatments he becomes sleepy. Hopefully he'll grow out of this. I hate to see my baby not feeling well.

"Then go to sleep baby, mommy is right here. I'm not going anywhere." I rolled over onto my side and caressed his cheek and pecked his lips.

"Nigh nigh mwommy, nigh nigh sissy."

"Nigh nigh Ainen." She kissed his cheek and rubbed her nose.

When one twin was sick and not feeling good so was the other. It just so happens that Miracle's allergies are acting up now.

Before I knew it both of them were knocked out sleep. I covered them up with my blanket and kissed their foreheads. I loved my babies more than anything.

My phone began to vibrate on my thigh. I rolled my eyes when I saw Jamal's name pop up onto the caller ID. I debated on whether I should answer or not but I did.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Wazzam witchu' baybeh?" He asked.

"What do you want Jamal?"

"I can't call my best friend ta' see wassup?"

"Jamal I'm not playing games with you what do you want?"

"I won't ta' chill witchu' damn, ain't nobody worried bout' ya punk ass babydad." He spat.

"Don't call him that." I said defensively.

"Whatever you kno' it's true. Can I come ta' the crib or what?" He asked.

"Not tonight, I wanna be alone with the kids tonight."

Before he could respond I just hung up. I didn't have time for his ass right now. When I say it's about me and my kids that's what I mean.

"A'leah, c'mere." August said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cause I wanna talk to you."

I cut the tv off and carefully got out of bed without waking the twins and headed to August's room. Our rooms were conjoined by the bathroom wall.

"What is it that you wanna talk about August?"

"Us." He said simply.

"There is no us." I laughed.

"Yes there is, you know you still want me A'leah." I rolled my eyes.

"Just because we still fuck don't mean I love you August."

"You love me?" He asked. I got quiet.

When those results came back saying that August was the father of Giselle's baby I was beyond hurt and devastated. He acted like a complete asshole towards me and tended to Giselle's every need.

The fact that you tend some broad's needs over your girlfriend is ultimate disrespect. These past two years he's showed me his ass therefore I'm done with him and his bullshit.

A woman can only take so much. When I'm at my worst I need all of you not some of you. We just lost a child and you wanna be doing concerts, feeling up on hoes and shit like I won't hear about it.