Chapter 27

A'leah

It's been a week since Orlando's death and his funeral was today. I was going to pay my respects and support Quamir.

I felt bad for treating Orlando the way I did when we last spoke but, there's nothing I can do about it now.

"Leah you ready?" He asked.

"Yes. Are you sure your gonna be okay Quamir? He's-"

"Ion't wanna hea' that aight? Let's just go." He mumbled.

I grabbed my black Michael Kors purse and followed him out the door. Orlando's mother insisted that I ride with her and the family. I didn't bother to arguing with her.

The driver opened the door for us and I got in first, then Quamir. He shut the door himself and put his head in his hands.

"Quamir, can you please pass me a water." A'laysia politely asked.

He ignored her and held my hand. I reached over him and handed her one. She thanked me and smiled weakly.

"Son I know your hurting but you can't go around ign-"

"Save it for some one who gives a fuck dad." He mumbled bitterly.

I sighed and kept quiet. In the hearse was their mom and dad. Then A'laysia and the other sister Tatyanna. I forgot told me that she was his sister.

For some reason I felt alot of tension amongst all of them but I didn't speak on it. I laid my head on Quamir's shoulder and stayed quiet.

"This baby is making me fat." A'laysia pouted.

"Who's the father again?" Tatyanna questioned.

"Girls now is not the time." Ms.Wise scolded.

A'laysia looked at me and rolled her eyes. I hope her eyes get stuck. Don't nobody have time for her shenanigans.

The hearse came to a stop and the driver opened the door. Everyone got out one by one. We all entered the church together and sat in the front row.

Orlando's viewing ended moments ago and the church was beyond packed. I looked over to see Mrs.Wise crying hysterically over his casket. Mr.Wise tried to calm her down as he walked her back to their seats.

"Before I begin the eulogy, Miss.Lauryn Hill and Tanya Blount will sing His Eye Is On The Sparrow." The pastor announced.

Tanya and Lauryn walked towards the front of the church, standing side by side at the altar.

Why should I feel discouraged

Why should the shadows come

Why should my heart feel lonely

And long for heaven and home

When Jesus is my portion

A constant friend is he

His eye is on the sparrow

And I know he watches over me

His eye is on the sparrow

And I know he watches me

Everyone in the church began to clap. Some stood while the sang, waving their fans around. Others didn't move at all. Mr.Wise approached the lecturn and opened a bible.

"We are gathered here today for home going of Orlando Marcel Wise junior. I never thought in a million years that I'd be standing before you all today, at my son's funeral. Burying a child is not easy I can tell you that. It seems like yesterday we talked about him getting remarried.