Chapter 60

A'leah

"Yes daddy, I'm on bed rest." I sighed, as I covered myself up.

"You need to take it easy A'leah. Don't make me beat your ass." He threatened.

"I'm too old for whoppings." I giggled.

"Who told you that lie?" He chuckled.

"I don't wanna be on bedrest." I pouted.

"If you stayed off your feet you wouldn't have that problem."

"The most I did was go to the bathroom or cook for August and the kids."

"I wish your mom cooked for me. Just because we don't live in the same house don't mean she can't cook for her man."

I busted out laughing. "Goodbye daddy."

"Bye babygirl."

I hung up and snuggled into the bathroom. I felt really sick so I decided to see my doctor. He told me I was at risk for an early pregnancy so here I am on bedrest.

I'll do whatever it takes to have a successful pregnancy. I refuse to lose another baby. Lately, I've been feeling like everything is my fault.

Orlando's death. Jamal's, A'laysia's. Her innocent baby's. I quickly wiped my face and buried my face in my pillow.

"Mommy." Miracle hiccuped.

I felt her crawl onto the bed and lay on top of me.

"Why cry mommy?" She asked.

"Mommy is fine baby." I lied.

She laid on top of my head, trying to smother me. "Nah uh mommy wou cry."

I laughed and put her beside me. She wiped my tears and kissed my nose.

"Mommy isn't crying anymore princess."

"Tay."

She snuggled against my stomach, trying to wrap her arms around it. She gave up and rested her head on my chest.

I kissed her forehead and played in her hair. I never realized how much Miracle looked like me until now. From her smile to her feet she was a spitting image of me.

"Mommy I be you when I older." She giggled.

"No baby. Mommy doesn't want you to be like me." I laughed.

"Buh why?" She asked.

"Because mommy wants you to be your own person that's why." I responded as I kissed her cheeks.

"Tay." She pouted.

"Tay." I mocked.

She cut her eyes at me and made a fishy face. August came out the bathroom, soak and wet from the shower. I licked my lips.

"Like whatchu' see?" He asked as he walked into the closet.

"No I don't. All I see is skin and bones August." I said.

"This di-"

I covered Miracle's ears. "Watch your mouth nigga."

He busted out laughing. "Yeah a'ight."

I uncovered Miracle's ears and watched him walk into the closet. I turned back over and kissed her forehead.

"Daddy!" Miracle yelled.

"Wuzzam?" He asked.

"Hi." She giggled.

I shook my head and her silliness. She's goofy just like her daddy.