Chapter 21

A'leah

"I didn't think you could cook." I teased.

"You'd be surprised as ta' how many talents I have." He chuckled.

I blushed a little took a sip of my red wine. Once we landed, our meal was waiting for us on top of the building we landed on.

Quamir assured me that it was safe and he wouldn't let anything happen to me. I trusted him and so far he hadn't let me down.

"Do you have any kids?" I asked.

"Nah. This may sound corny but I'd only have a child wit' a female I'm tryna spend the rest of my life wit'." He replied.

"Aw," I cooed. "That's so sweet."

"Do you have kids with anybody else?" He questioned.

"Nope." I said simply. "Tell me more about you."

"Whatchu wanna kno'?"

"Whatever you feel comfortable telling me."

"Aight, well you kno' about my parents, and me being a preacher's kid. I got two sisters that are twenty-one and eighteen. My mama let's me see them every now and then. I stopped sellin' the night I asked you out."

"Did you do it for me or for yourself?"

"I did it fa' myself. Slangin' gets old afta' a while ta' be honest. I got enough money that'll last me fa' a lifetime. I miss bein' around my folks too. My neena probably turnin' in her grave." He sighed.

"Who's neena?"

"My great grandmaw. She died when I started hustlin' in the streets. I wanna try and enroll in school, you kno' get a lah degree under my belt, and become somethin'." He chuckled.

"I can help you enroll in school if you want." I offered.

"Ima need all the help I'ca get. Once I'a got ta' high school; school wasn't fa' me."

"Once you have a degree, you'll wish that you got it sooner." I grinned.

"I've always wanted ta' be a docta' or sumn. Shit, ima be in school forever." He groaned.

I laughed and finished my glass of wine. It was my second one, therefore I was done drinking for the night.

We both finished our meals and had dessert. It was chocolate covered strawberries and vanilla ice-cream, my favorite.

"Let me feed you one." I smiled.

"Aight. Go head."

I took one of the strawberries, putting it to his lips. He flickered his tongue against the bottom of it, licking the chocolate off sensually and biting into it.

"It's your turn ma." He smirked.

I playfully rolled my eyes. He put a strawberry to my lips. I slowly sucked some of the chocolate off of it before biting into it.

"I want some icecream too." I pouted.

He swirled a chocolate strawberry into the icecream and put it to me lips. I tried biting it but he moved it away from my lips.

"You mad ma?" He chuckled.

"Yesss." I whined.

He put the strawberry to my lips, and I sucked the icecream off of it before biting into it.

"I apologize." He smirked.

"You better." I giggled.

"Can I ask you sumn?" He asked.