Chapter 53

Omniscient

August and A'leah watched doctors operate on their children behind the glass window. It had been a half hour since the kids were taken to surgery.

All three kids had been shot. An officer attempted to shoot Jamal but missed and the bullet hit Aiden. Mason tried to get Miracle to duck so they couldn't be seen, but A'laysia saw them and shot them both.

It was a chaotic shootout the resulted in immediate death of A'laysia, Jamal and A'laysia's son. August blamed himself for how everything went down. If he hadn't tried to fuck A'laysia and stayed faithful to A'leah, they wouldn't be watching their kids fight for their lives.

"You need to go home and get some rest." August mumbled.

"Our kids need me August. I'm not leaving." A'leah sniffed.

Because of the chaos, A'leah had passed out due to dehydration. She was hooked up to an IV for an hour, and was released. She tried her best to stay strong for her unborn and her kids. She refused to lose another baby.

"I'a shouldn't have opened the door." August sighed heavily.

"You didn't know. Hell, we didn't expect her ass to pop up at our house unannounced. I'm glad she's dead." A'leah spat bitterly.

"I hate that they gotta spend their birthdays in the hospital." August said, trying to somewhat lighten the mood.

"Me too but that's the least of my worries right now. I want to see our babies." A'leah sighed.

In the waiting room, Leah's parents, Mama Sheila, Maw-Maw, Cha and the girls, Travis and Callie awaited impatiently for a doctor to give them an update on the kids.

They had been at the ER for hours now and nobody could give them any information.

"I'm glad A'leah and August are okay. If they was in the back wit' them kids gettin' operated on I'on kno' what I'a do." Maw-Maw sighed.

"If August didn't mess around with that hoe we all wouldn't be sitting here." Leah's mother, Naomi mumbled.

"Shut the hell up." Mama Sheila fired back.

"We not finna sit hea' and do this. Both of y'all chill out. Nobody's in the mood to hea' y'all argue." Travis interjected.

"So now I'm wrong for saying how I feel?" Naomi asked.

"No, everybody is entitled to their opinion but now is not the time to play the blame game." Cha replied.

"Exactly." Travis and Maw-Maw agreed.

"All I'm saying is all of this grief could have been prevented if August just kept it in his pants. Now my grandchildren are fighting for their lives in this damn hospital." Naomi said, getting a little loud.

She snatched her jacket off the chair and stormed outside. Everybody shook their heads.

"Joseph you aren't gonna go after your wife?" Mama Sheila asked.

(Yes, I changed Leah's dad's name. It is now Joseph.)

"I'll let her dramatic ass be." He chuckled.