Chapter 34

August

"You too fuckin' old fah this shit August!" Maw-Maw scolded.

"Yes ma'am." I mumbled.

Somebody called the cops and I got arrested wit' Chris. We weren't mirandized so, they had no choice but ta' let us go.

The twelve don't wanna fuck wit' Yung. Ain't nobody beat fa' they asses tryna brutalize anybody that black. It's like relivin' slavery all over again.

"You ain't gone tell my OG on me right?" Chris asked.

"Get yall asses in this hea' car na'!" She yelled.

Chris snickered and got in the back seat while I got in the front. My mama was at work, Trav was in New York and Cha was on vacation so Maw-Maw was the only person I'ca call.

"Both of yall are grown ass men you hea!? Chris ya ass is always in trouble you need ta' stay outta it. Ain't you ti'ed of dealin' wit' these pigs? August you too, you jus' got full custody of my grand-baybeh and you outchea' knockin' people out. Both of you bet not say shit ta' me and I mean it." She ranted.

"Yes ma'am." We mumbled simultaneously.

The rest of the car ride was silent like Maw-Maw asked. We arrived at my mama's house in ten minutes not even. Her car was parked inside the driveway.

I gotta thank her for gettin' the kids from camp. I already kno' she gone cuss my ass out, and Chris.

"I kno' yall asses heard me say ta' get out this damn car!" Maw-Maw yelled.

Chris and I jumped out the car and shut the doors behind us, trailin' behind her as she walked towards the front door.

My mama swung the front door wide open, revealin' Miss. Joyce beside her lookin' pissed off.

"Hey Miss. Joyce how you doin'?" I asked politely.

"Mhm I'm fine." She replied.

"Get yall asses in hea'. Don't make me use this broom upside yall heads." My mama scolded.

I jumped in front of Chris and ran past my mama. Miss. Joyce smacked him upside the head and followed him into the livin' room.

"Stop ma, damn." Chris groaned.

"Stop ma my ass. When is your ass gonna learn Christopher? Your too fucking grown to be doing stupid shit."

"I wanna kno' what the fuck happened."

"Leah called me up cryin' cause this nigga she was talkin' too leaked nude photos of her, sayin' she was a female escort, and a hoe so her friend tracked the address ta' his house." I explained.

"Continue."

I explained the rest of the story and they jus' shook their heads. Miss. Joyce hit Chris in the head for comin' up wit' that plan.

"At least it worked." He mumbled.

"You right." I mumbled back.

"Next time I'm beatin' ass, ion't care if yall grown or not." Maw-Maw shrugged.

"You have my permission Della." Miss. Joyce said.

Aiden and Mason ran into the livin' room screamin' and chasin' each other. I laughed and grabbed them both.

"Daddy!" They giggled.

"Wuzzam? What I'a tell yall bout runnin' round the house? You gone get hurt."

"I sowwie." Mason pouted.

"Me too." Aiden grinned.

"They are so handsome." Miss. Joyce cooed.