Chapter 63

August

"Welcome ta' our lah' rehearsal dinner. It's nice ta' see both sides of our family joinin' us tonight. I'a 'preciate everyone fa' comin'. Please enjoy yo' selves and have a good time." I announced.

Leah waddled over to her grandparents. I'a could hear her screamin', yellin' and cryin' from where I stood. I ain't kno' if she was happy or sad.

"Boy go meet ya' in laws befo' I'a buss you." Maw-Maw scolded.

"Why you gotta be so violent Maw?" I laughed.

"Cause, I'a gotta keep y'all narrow head asses in check cause yo mama don't. Now get the steppin' negro." She snapped.

I shook my head and walked over ta' Leah and her grandparents. I took a seat beside her and kissed her cheek. She blushed a little as she held my hand.

"Grand-mère, grand-père, ceci est mon fiancé Août." Leah smiled.

Grandma, grandpa, this is my fiancé August.

"Est un garçon maigre. Je me souviens de ces jours." Her grandfather spoke.

He's a skinny fellow. I remember those days.

"Anglais vous tromper!" Her grandmother scolded.

I watched them all interact with each other in French. I never knew Leah spoke another language. Whatever she was sayin' sounded sexy as hell.

"It's nice too meet you August. I'm Marisol. I've heard so much about you." She grinned.

"It's nice ta' finally meet you." I smiled.

"I'm Peir." He said.

"Nice ta' meet you too sir." I grinned.

"When is my granddaughter coming?" He asked.

"She'll be here in a month. I'm real excited ta' meet her."

I kissed Leah's stomach, feelin' Ava start ta' kick.

"Whenever August starts talkin' she starts moving. She never moves for me." Leah pouted.

"Tell us about yourself August. Leah tells us your in the music industry." Her grandmother said, sounding intrigued.

"I am. I've been in the music industry for four almost five years now. Music is my world. It's like an outlet fa' me. I put my blood, sweat and tears into my music. I'm currently workin' on my upcomin' album called This Thing Called Life." I explained.

"It's nice to see a real artist nowadays. Now while your working on this album do you make time for my grandkids?" He asked.

"Of course. I'm a father befo' anything. I took six months off from my career ta' just relax and take it easy wit' my family." I replied.

"He's a great father to our kids paw-paw. They just adore him." Leah smiled.

"Jus' like I adore you." I mumbled in her ear.

She blushed even harder and squeezed my hand. "Stop baby."

I wrapped my arms around her waist as she rested her head on my shoulder. I continued ta' talk ta' her grandparents and made my way around ta' other relatives on Leah's side.

I met her great grandparents, some aunts and uncles. They was all real cool and chill. Once Leah and I finished interactin' wit' both sides of the family, it was time ta' eat.

"This food looks so good." Leah drooled.

"When I'm done wit' this food, imma eat you up next." I whispered in her ear as I rubbed her under the table.