Chapter 5

A'leah

"Travis step away from the grill, let a woman handle this." I laughed. He sucked his teeth.

"Mayne, forget yall. They don't call me chef boy'a Trav fa' nuttin'."

In honor of Mother's Day, Mama Sheila decided to have a cookout at her place. Cha was here with the girls, so was Netia and her family. Muk was here, even Jamal was here.

I was surprised that he wasn't trying to flirt with me. Thank God because if I needed to cuss his ass out I would have. Today wasn't the day for drama.

"Auntie Leah, can I have a capri sun?" Noonie asked.

"Sure baby, go ahead and grab one. If you see Uncle boobie ask him if he could bring me the barbecue sauce."

"Okay."

I flipped the burgers over and closed the grill, laying the tongs onto a napkin. It was such a beautiful day in Atlanta to have a cookout.

"Happy Mother's Day Leah." Muk smiled as she hugged me. I hugged her back and kissed her cheek.

"Thanks boo. I saw you talking to one of Travis's friends." I snickered.

"Girl please, I need a man not a little boy. He could stick his hand in the cookie jar if he acted right." She smirked.

"Ew Muk. That boy has to be twenty-four at the most." I laughed.

"And I am thirty-one. Age ain't nothing but a number."

"That is true."

I picked up a bahama mama flavored Seagram's wine cooler and took a sip. Muk and I decided to talk some more over a few more wine coolers.

We talked about her new job offer and how she was going to be moving to Savannah soon. I was going to miss her crazy self, although she'd only be two hours away.

"This one is for the yungins outchea', I kno' yall kno' this." The DJ said smoothly into the mic.

Silento's Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) blared through the speakers. The girls ran to the dance floor with Aiden, Miracle and Mason following behind them.

"You already kno'!" August sang as the kids got hype.

"This fool." I mumbled.

Now watch me whip (Kill it!)

Now watch me nae nae (Okay!)

Now watch me whip whip

Watch me nae nae (Can you do it?)

Ooh watch me, watch me

Ooh ooh ooh ooh

August, Travis and Jamal was on the dance floor dancing with the kids. Muk and I were cracking up at the sight. Cha came out the house shaking her head.

"Who told these fools to be out here tryna dance?" She laughed.

"I'm glad they're all getting along." Mama Sheila smiled.

I agreed with her. August and Jamal still have beef for whatever reason. Hopefully those two knuckleheads squash it.

"Chile, this going on worldstar. Ain't that whatchu kids call it nowadays?" Miss Della asked.

August's grandma was a mess. All day long she's been trying to figure out slang that kids these days use.

"G'ma, leave them be." Netia laughed.